Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    A cyan signal will get lost on a sunny day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    As someone who never loses in GA, I think they prolly should compensate everyone for the trash matchmaking system and constant bugs and exploits that plagued ga the entire time. While not everyone used the exploits or were taken advantage of, enough did that it invalidates the entire system and the rewards everyone received over that time.

They'll never go thru the trouble to make it right tho.. But they should.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Anyone else noticing that every time fleet is involved in ga the rewards aren’t worth having. Feels like an intentional move against those who invested in fleet

Thanks God. Fleet sux
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    I realize I am about to barraged by angry dissidents who have been on the opposite side of this equation and to whom I am not going to respond. There will also be those who agree. None-the-less:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/CG_SBCrumb It is quite clear and even acknowledged by the devs changing the GA matching algorithm that broad roster players have been punished both in enjoyment and rewards. While, at the same time, lean players at least benefited in rewards, even if not in enjoyment. Therefore I suggest that broad players be compensated with some combination of the rewards given since the launch of GA.

I have lost count of the number of Zetas I never had a shot at while others collected them easily. Over the months since the GA launch it must be hundreds. Let alone the other available rewards. I think it only appropriate that those who played by the spirit of the game in collecting and improving (at a cost) as many toons as possible not be left punished and suffering for enjoying the game as it was intended (and the way that maximizes profit).

You now there is always one on last place. And now you deserve yourself a git gud.

Cyan signal

So hard to get it through peoples heads THERE is NO GET GUD in this system. Hopefully its fixed in GAC honesly i vote for site bans for all people rubbing ppls faces in stuff with this git gud TRASH

So I'm just guessing here, you mean Cian, not Cyan? He's retired dude. Has been for months.

I know thats when all the git gud trolls came out of the woods
  • keknoby
    93 posts Member
    there is a problem with the fleet in GA, the message when you enter the GA says i have to set a defense the first day and the game will deploy the exact same defense each day.
    but the fleet deployment don't work properly, it displayed a different thing than what i set the first day
    if i loose this GA it will be because of that, the synergy is awful because of that, all is upside down...
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    It is no mystery to this forum or reddit or wherever that GA doesn't set defenses automatically right. It takes the top strongest units based on power and puts them into a team.
  • keknoby
    93 posts Member
    no you dont understand, i set my defense, but the game decided to set it differently for this second phase than what i have set, iy's not a "autodeploy" because of no defense set, i did set a defense, but the game bugged it from itself
  • keknoby
    93 posts Member
    and the game dont take my strongest to build a nonsense-team with, he took the weakest (but with strong reinforcement powers) and put it in first line, so, the reinforcement power i expected during the battle will not happen, and no tank in first line, so it's easy to beat it before the first reinforcement comes (probably it would call the tank, but too late because the smaller shuttles are already dead, and than it will be a 1 versus 4 so defense lost because of that deployment bug)
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Never trust the ai system to do your job for you. There's been way too many glitches already. Take the time to set the defense you want, every time. Takes less than two minutes
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Cracks me up how so many defend this fiasco as matchups have been broken tremendously in tw and ga since inception. It's all a whale fest and without the metas you run into a brick wall in just about every event. Thus the negativity towards the whole concept. It gets old, boring, and stale when your constantly licking the crumbs off the floor called rewards when your at the bottom all the time. The time wasted is a joke. Only a couple of people in this whole thread make since in posting a lineup prior to event to get a fair shake at actual competition instead of constant annihilation. BORING, NO THANKS. WASTE OF TIME.
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    I like GA.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    kieltrx wrote: »
    It is no mystery to this forum or reddit or wherever that GA doesn't set defenses automatically right. It takes the top strongest units based on power and puts them into a team.

That's exactly as intended so it does do it right. The point is so your opponent can still play the mode even if you don't set anything. If you want better D, set it yourself.
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    kieltrx wrote: »

That's exactly as intended so it does do it right. The point is so your opponent can still play the mode even if you don't set anything. If you want better D, set it yourself.

Apparently there was a bug fixed in the last update (30th May) which caused faulty fleet placement on auto. The fix however will only be in effect from the next GA event..
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member
    Warning brag post!

I must say I didn’t think much of my chances before today’s GA round since my opponent had both DR/Malak as well as twelve more g12 toons than me. Didn’t look any better when he cleared out all my squads without failing. However it felt ridiculously good when I cleared out his squads better than him, including his DR/Malak squad, and won the round. The main purpose of writing this is to brag obviously but also to show that it’s better to try even when the odds is against you.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Well...I will do the GAC..just to see how CG invisioned how the mode was going to work. And see if it it was going to be fair. However I have my doubts based in the last 6 monthes of GA. Then with the changes to matchaking going forward after GAC....I will participate in a handful and see if they delivered on thier word to fix it. Beyond that depends on several things in the new GA experience...please don't disappoint us yet again CG. The last 6 monthes have been hell and as hell is famous for... burned me out.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Well at least you aren't overreacting.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    GAC league based matchmaking will reduce the # of active vs inactive matchups after 1 week and should Eliminate it completely after 2 weeks...
    all the inactives will still be in lowest league.

This is a major improvement of GAC over standard GA
  • dcbfan wrote: »
    Anyone know if CG has commented on the zeta mats we are missing by not having any GA? I get the whole double drop thing to make up for some of the rest of the rewards. I dont believe zeta mats have been addressed.

We’re going to get double drops on the ship ability mats challenge. So double the zetas that you would normally get from that.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    dcbfan wrote: »
    Anyone know if CG has commented on the zeta mats we are missing by not having any GA? I get the whole double drop thing to make up for some of the rest of the rewards. I dont believe zeta mats have been addressed.

We’re going to get double drops on the ship ability mats challenge. So double the zetas that you would normally get from that.

Can't wait for all the 2 x 0 = 0 posts.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    dcbfan wrote: »

Can't wait for all the 2 x 0 = 0 posts.

EggShen : "Because it's real"
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    GJO wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing that every time fleet is involved in ga the rewards aren’t worth having. Feels like an intentional move against those who invested in fleet

Thanks God. Fleet sux

Better than Revan mirror matches.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    I am a 4.5 mill GP player who was just put in a bracket with two 5.3 mill GP players and five 5mill GP players!?! Makes no sense CG! I hope this is a bug.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Dagobond
    134 posts Member
    CG your matchmaking still sucks. It is utter **** that you haven't factored in secondary speed mods into matchmaking. My opponent has way more high end secondary speeds than I do and that is not for a lack of trying to farm them on my part. So much for you people having a clue on how to make competitive match ups.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Dagobond wrote: »
    CG your matchmaking still sucks. It is utter **** that you haven't factored in secondary speed mods into matchmaking. My opponent has way more high end secondary speeds than I do and that is not for a lack of trying to farm them on my part. So much for you people having a clue on how to make competitive match ups.

from my bracket looks like to optimize my score would be to lose first match then crush the next 2...... If I win my first match...then I have to fight the immortal G12 maxxed malak guy lose to him then maybe get another tough guy.....

that can't be right... where losing first one on purpose get's you a better score than ...... meh nevermind... still gonna be RNG on third match if I get malak guy.... still prob better to win first one so you don't get bottom no matter what

EDIT : soo looked at whole bracket..... it's already over immortal malak guy gonna easy crush everyone for 1st..... BUT.... looks very VERY competive for 2-8....

so to me kinda like giving the whale his auto first "cause he's a TIP" but honestly pretty darn good matchmaking for 2-7.... so IMO with a small sample size looks way better than before...

• SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    I am a 4.5 mill GP player who was just put in a bracket with two 5.3 mill GP players and five 5mill GP players!?! Makes no sense CG! I hope this is a bug.

I have heard this alot. A guildy is going against a 5 mil gp and he is 4.2........ Sounds fun!
  • Hi All I don't post normally but feel I have to on this one, i am a casual FTP player at a lowly 2.658mil GP my 1st opponent is 3.118mil which is not even in my divisions GP bracket which is 2.5 - 3.09 so not only am I 500k GP away i am fighting the bracket above, I will give it my best but I doubt I can over come the amount he has with the few good squads I have.

Sorry to moan but would brackets work better with something like a 250k dif between them? I get that that's more work on the dev end but you'll have a lot of mismatched and cracked off people with this new mode that they will struggle with!

Thanks for reading.
  • This new GA matchup system is AWESOME. I'm a 3.1mil player and everyone else in my group is between 3.3-3.7mil. If I just go off toon GP, everyone else has a 160k-300(!)k advantage over me. How sweet is THAT? I bet I'm gonna go real good when every opponent I could face essentially has 1.5-2.5 full A/B level squads worth of toons more than me. Doesn't matter how good my mods or strategy is, I'm ******. Thanks.
  • I wish you hadn't mentioned checking the rest of the group on mine I have a 3.4mil guy in my div 4 line up.... good luck with that and 2 others over the 3 mil mark!

Does anyone have any water for me to push up hill or some fog to plat? Might be easier!
  • Darth_GrumpyCat
    34 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Div 3...
    First GA Championship rolls out (the bugged one that got aborted)... got a pretty fair matchup, much like I'm used to from regular GA (usually winning 1 out of 3 GAs, scoring 2-4 on the rest thx to dedicated scouting the opponents).

Second GA Championship rolls out... and guess what? 6 out of 7 with both Revans... and apparently they didn't just focus hard on the Revans, they all have across the board some "nice" additions like Padme, C3PO, Traya, etc.
    Not to mention crazy mods everywhere (305 speed r2..., even B-Tier squads running 250+ speed, and so on). Sorry, but this is utterly ****.
    At least divide the playerbase in two championships- one for the p2w crowd and one for those who actually PLAY the game...
    Post edited by EA_Joz on