They broke GA matchmaking.

My first opponent has 200k higher toon GP. That's 10% advantage. It works out two two additional G12 teams with zetas. This is a bunch of ****.

Replies

• The question is whether your opponent actually has two additional G12 teams with zetas. Otherwise your opponent may just have 200k gp worth of useless fluff that you don't have and matchmaking is actually better.
  • Are we supposed to match across divisions? This does not seem correct to me. Also the 400k GP difference seems a bit to much if you ask me.ggulxt4m873d.png
  • well I'm p2p and I'm at a huge disadvantage so i don't think that theory holds.
  • Check G12 and zeta counts - it really looks like that's the ONLY thing they're looking at. This is farcical.
  • zenn
    16 posts Member
    Wow, You really broke the whole thing this time! Explain me, please, which part of this is a fair matchmaking:
    hbwqcb87nytz.png
    ...and because somebody will tell me the advantage is just some useless toons (half a million this time), here you are:
    bd6rg1paqejn.png
    EA, you really are mocking us in the most arrogant way!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    They match to GP almost to the nose, and people complain that the matchmaking is broken based on how that GP is distributed, punishing fluff at the bottom of the roster, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

The tune the matchmaking algorithm to take a broader array of factors into account and punish "fluff" less but resulting in larger gaps in GP, and people point at the difference in GP as an insurmountable travesty, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

Aren't humans just lovely?
    Still not a he.
  • zenn
    16 posts Member
    zenn wrote: »
    The worst players bitched that they couldn't win at GA because their rosters suck. So their solution is to just **** the whole thing entirely. **** ****. Each and every one of them.
    Well, I'm first at both arenas everyday and I've never lost GA. Is that the thing that makes me the worst player?

If you've never lost a GA, you probably weren't **** about losing every GA. A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

Lol, sorry mate - you're right, I just was too affected and I missed your point :smiley:
  • Guys I am facing same problems. Ga championships' matchmaking is terrible. I am 1.85mil gp and my matchups are against five players withfive tier divisions, one player that is division 4 and one player with division 6 same like me. The player in the division 4 is 2.6 mil gp... I mean come on CG!
  • xDarthLegacyx
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Im at 2.6 million and a guy in my bracket is at 4 mil, there is no excuse for this matchmaking, gp is overall power, how is 50% more GP fair even if i have lots more g12, just because he played the game the way he wanted doesnt mean we should have to cater to his playstyle. If you play a game where you pay for toons, dont expect to be competitive in pvp unless you have focused, and those of us that have focused shouldnt have to play people way out of our league....stop breaking a good thing, the first round matchmaking was much better
  • It's frustrating, yes i have better roster. And so what? i'm 1.6 million gp and my opponent 2.1 . 10 g12 vs 17 g12. And now i need find 5 atack teams and 5 defense somewhere. cmon
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They match to GP almost to the nose, and people complain that the matchmaking is broken based on how that GP is distributed, punishing fluff at the bottom of the roster, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

The tune the matchmaking algorithm to take a broader array of factors into account and punish "fluff" less but resulting in larger gaps in GP, and people point at the difference in GP as an insurmountable travesty, therefore the matchmaking is broken.

Maybe everyone should just play against themselves? I think that's the only way it will be truly fair for everyone.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Maybe everyone should just play against themselves? I think that's the only way it will be truly fair for everyone.
    Until someone revives the AI being rigged conspiracy. People would find a way to complain, even if the rosters matched would be identical.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Until someone revives the AI being rigged conspiracy. People would find a way to complain, even if the rosters matched would be identical.

Yeah, but you could set your own defense... only an **** could lose. (Yes there will be some)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Equal GP is fair. It rewards players for building a strong roster. There's a guy in my group two divisions higher. He literally has one million more GP just for toons. That's about as dumb as it gets.
    Well, that sounds horrible. Then again, your previous comment seems to indicate that the player you're facing is actually in worse shape than you are.
    There's one guy on my group with 4 million GP and only 9 g12 toons. I'm at 3 million and have 44.
    Seeying as the def slots default to the player in the lowest division, you're in good shape with a 35 g12 toon advantage over your opponent.
    On top of that he's most likely at a severe disadvantage in his division because your opponents max banner potential is way lower than that of his division peers. Maybe they compensate for that though, but that remains to be seen. Obviously that doesn't effect you, i merely mention it because imo your opponent is far worse off than you are while you're the one who feels shafted.
    Save water, drink champagne!