Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Want to talk about mismatch, my opponent has over 1.1m more gp then me and he's a division above me, terrible game design.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Seems pretty endemic... I have a 650k mismatch in my 1st round... I understand wanting to expand beyond GP but this is silly
    Total GP or character GP are literally irrelevant measures.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Redapple wrote: »
    If this matchmaking is working as intended I will certainly quit. I have 3.8m gp and the lowest in my bracket. The next closest to me is almost 4.2m gp and the highest in my group is almost 4.8m gp... I have enjoyed this game and even spent a little money on it at times (however I am far from a whale/dolphin) but I will take no joy in matching people 1m gp higher than me that I have not a chance to win.

The previous way was lightyears better than this. Atleast there were more chances at competitive matches. GA has been my favorite part of this game and if this is not drastically changed (preferably back to original) I will have a lot more free time on my hands bc this game will be deleted.

Ive been dealing with mismatches since GA started always on bottom decided before played.... welcome to my world....

I dont want to go back to that, you do...... cancel each other out ????

Ppl flip HARD when the gravy train ends

Anyway

Lookwbfc8bxe7jjk.png

Agree mismatches existed before. Just less than current matchmaking it seems.
  • So not only do almost all the guys in my current GAC have way more GP than I do, I am also facing an obvious cheater in round 1. I reported him already and he will probably get banned but that won't give me back my win that he will probably steal from me. Effing great. I thought that after that failed GAC launch it couldn't get any worse.

BOY, was I wrong about that....
  • Then what is the point of having divisions? I'm at the top of my division but bc my squad is so strong I'm fighting 2 divisions above me. So I'm being punished for farming the game correctly. Shouldn't I reap the rewards for my effort and win my division.
  • How am I supposed to move on to Bronzium level in my division if I'm not fighting in my division?
  • Caler
    7 posts Member
    333freeman wrote: »
    Then what is the point of having divisions? I'm at the top of my division but bc my squad is so strong I'm fighting 2 divisions above me. So I'm being punished for farming the game correctly. Shouldn't I reap the rewards for my effort and win my division.

Agreed. This is garbage. My opponent’s top roster is stronger than mine and he has over 600k more GP. That much GP matters period.

Before the update I had a decent matchup where it could go either way. Now I’m at a huge disadvantage.
  • Oeson
    1 posts Member
    Would anyone be able to explain how some folks in my division had points on our leaderboard before the event started?

After filling all my defense slots im still 100-200 points shy of our divisions top 23.
  • Caler wrote: »
    Then what is the point of having divisions? I'm at the top of my division but bc my squad is so strong I'm fighting 2 divisions above me. So I'm being punished for farming the game correctly. Shouldn't I reap the rewards for my effort and win my division.

Agreed. This is garbage. My opponent’s top roster is stronger than mine and he has over 600k more GP. That much GP matters period.

Before the update I had a decent matchup where it could go either way. Now I’m at a huge disadvantage.

In one of my potential match ups I have a 1.1 mil differential. How can that be right
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Any official word yet from @CG_Erik about this issue?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    It seems like matchmaking is wrong but they did say they were going to focus on different measures not just character gp so having a difference in character gp is what everyone should get used to but the amount of g12 characters should be closer then what it seems.

All this being Said, just cause you are matched with someone who has 300k+ character gp doesn't mean anything. All of my opponents have between 300k-500k more character gp then me but they have no hope. I have a focused roster where I've built strong squads and collected meta characters while theirs is all over the place. So you could be placed in my group and equal gp with me and instead of complaining about all the others having a greater gp, you would complain about being matched equally with me cause me roster is too good. You just need to suck it up cause if you roster is no good, you are going to be found wanting no matter who you verse.

cozavc5lvax6.png
  • Oeson wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to explain how some folks in my division had points on our leaderboard before the event started?

After filling all my defense slots im still 100-200 points shy of our divisions top 23.

They are completing the fleats challange bye refreshing and spending crystals.
  • Saada wrote: »
    It seems like matchmaking is wrong but they did say they were going to focus on different measures not just character gp so having a difference in character gp is what everyone should get used to but the amount of g12 characters should be closer then what it seems.

All this being Said, just cause you are matched with someone who has 300k+ character gp doesn't mean anything. All of my opponents have between 300k-500k more character gp then me but they have no hope. I have a focused roster where I've built strong squads and collected meta characters while theirs is all over the place. So you could be placed in my group and equal gp with me and instead of complaining about all the others having a greater gp, you would complain about being matched equally with me cause me roster is too good. You just need to suck it up cause if you roster is no good, you are going to be found wanting no matter who you verse.

cozavc5lvax6.png

I agree with yoj but are you fighting above your division or are you just happy being at the top. I would be fine if I wasn't fighting out of my wait class.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    All my opponents are div 4 while I'm div 5

Whahh I have three division 3 and four division 4 opponents and I'm division 5.

One of them is 1.1 mil gp higher than me. So thats not fair.
  • urtil
    73 posts Member
    I like them doing these changes but I don’t think this should be the final solution yet.

Based in what they write ingame they now base it on the top toons in a roster depending on how many defense slots you have to set (and then double it for offense?)

From what I have seen so far I think it is somewhat better but still problematic.

In the old version they cast the net too wide and counted every crap toon. Now they only seem to use the very top which seems too tight. There is value in a somewhat broader roster. Like you might not be able to finish every opposing team off in one try, you simply have more flexibility with more good toons, some of those toons counted might be worthless because they were geared as pilots for fleet,....I would think that ignoring everyone over and above the top minimum number of toons to use is especially problematic for lower GP players where lower gear toons can probably have a bigger impact.

Beforehand we had close overall numbers of total GP but massive difference in the top squads. Now we have GP similarity for top squads (I think) but sometimes huge disparity in overall GP and toons beyond the top X. Something in the middle would be cool (maybe starting from the top of the roster but counting more than just the minimum teams or simply cut off all GP from low gear toons? Or not using GP but rather numbers of G10-11-12-13 toons?)

Anyways, good to see some work done as GAC could be the best part of the game with proper matching.
  • urtil wrote: »
    I like them doing these changes but I don’t think this should be the final solution yet.

Based in what they write ingame they now base it on the top toons in a roster depending on how many defense slots you have to set (and then double it for offense?)

From what I have seen so far I think it is somewhat better but still problematic.

In the old version they cast the net too wide and counted every crap toon. Now they only seem to use the very top which seems too tight. There is value in a somewhat broader roster. Like you might not be able to finish every opposing team off in one try, you simply have more flexibility with more good toons, some of those toons counted might be worthless because they were geared as pilots for fleet,....I would think that ignoring everyone over and above the top minimum number of toons to use is especially problematic for lower GP players where lower gear toons can probably have a bigger impact.

Beforehand we had close overall numbers of total GP but massive difference in the top squads. Now we have GP similarity for top squads (I think) but sometimes huge disparity in overall GP and toons beyond the top X. Something in the middle would be cool (maybe starting from the top of the roster but counting more than just the minimum teams or simply cut off all GP from low gear toons? Or not using GP but rather numbers of G10-11-12-13 toons?)

Anyways, good to see some work done as GAC could be the best part of the game with proper matching.

Yes but the point of all this is so that we can progress to g13. Rise up theu the ranks and get stronger. I'm div 5 and have 32 g12 characters. I shouldn't be placed against div 3 teams to even it out I should be able to rise up in my division because I have earned it.
  • urtil
    73 posts Member
    Yes but the point of all this is so that we can progress to g13. Rise up theu the ranks and get stronger. I'm div 5 and have 32 g12 characters. I shouldn't be placed against div 3 teams to even it out I should be able to rise up in my division because I have earned it.

The point of all this for me is having fun in reasonably open matches. Before it was easy for me to claim top by simply setting my Revans and maybe one match out of three was challenging which for me also means interesting and fun. Now it seems more even to me even though most seem to have 200-300k more toon GP. But so far we have only seen one match.

As for rewards I believe you will actually have an advantage by being matched against teams from
    higher divisions which probably means more defense slots to fill and more banners to progress compared to others in your division. This of course assumes that you are not totally outgunned which is why I stated it needs more work.
  • I am very disappointed by the matchmaking. I am division 4 with 3M PG. 6 of my opponents are division 3 with roosters insane comparing to mine. I am 553 in the arena. The weakest in arena is 80. I am lucky , I play against him : 700 K above me : 3,7 M . I have Revan with speed 229. He has it with speed 303 so no chance to win but that is ok, that is my problem (should have better mod on revan). But he has dark traya 7* - Dark Revan - Padmé... I can do nothing against him. It's the same against the 6 other players. So playing has no interest. I was very happy to participate to a championnship but now. it's useless. I have'nt Dark Revan , Padmé, Dark Traya, Malak so what can I do against palyers having it. In my guild some players have the same problem.But it's good for the whales. They will be happy to crush the smal player with your matchmaking. So to help them, I will played
    my worst characters in defense. They should be able to perform the quests easily.
    In the matchmaking from last week end, I should have been 2 with real matchs, now there will be no match.
    The arena has no interest because 95% of the team are Revan, 5% Dark Revan. And nobody is interesting in it.
    Actually it's the same for me in championnship. So thank you for this little modification on the matchmaking, all interest in the championnship has sudenly vanished
  • 333freeman wrote: »
    Oeson wrote: »

They are completing the fleats challange bye refreshing and spending crystals.

This is incorrect.

@Oeson The reason people have 180 more points is because the drew a matchup against a player in their own division therefore they are able to deploy the maximum defenses for their division.
    So division 2 vs another division 2.

Anyone who got matched vs someone in a different division has less battles to do so they are down 90 points each defense spot they didn't get to fill.
    So division 2 vs division 3

This cross division matching prevents people from competing fairly against others within their division since they start at a disadvantage from less battles (only 6 vs 8 or something similar). Plus if they clear the board and other do as well it should be even right? No. one division 2 guy gets 6 battles worth of points but the others get their full 8 battles of points.

Remember were all competing against our own division to move up to Kyber League and get the top rewards....not giving all players in a division equal combat opportunity needs to be addressed imo.

Some people in division 2 place 8 teams, some 6, some even less...
  • Yup matchmaking still sucks

But I'll play and get some rewards, something is better than nothing lol
    This is the Way
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Something funny, the displayed participants in your matchup always listed in order of highest GP on top. Now its completely random.
    7elt88k144zh.png
  • Syon_Knox
    173 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    GameMasters can you please stop eating Cheetos over your keyboards while Matchmaking it’s on??? Or at least don’t go AFK trusting your test runs were ok??

I am 2.99M supposed to have for division 4, enemies with 3.09M tops... well for my group this only applies for me and my first rival... the other 4 guys are 3.4-3.7M... this supposed to have a limit, at least is what your rules said...

Maybe you are just more interested in making people spend money in game than the real basic and important stuffs of this game works...
  • Just chill folks, we haven't played 1 GAC until now.

Just check the new content, do your best and CG will improve matchmaking over the time, don't worry.

This is exhibition, it will not count on anything towards the future GAC's.

@all Just CHILL man
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Manumicio wrote: »
    Just chill folks, we haven't played 1 GAC until now.

Just check the new content, do your best and CG will improve matchmaking over the time, don't worry.

This is exhibition, it will not count on anything towards the future GAC's.

@all Just CHILL man

< then give me the 1st place rewards and 3 zetas if it doesnt count. And not 8th place rewards..... it does count because there are rewards man. Your missing the point
  • Matchmaking is complete nonsense. I participate in division 4, with 2.6mil GP, my first opponent has 3.5mil GP. He shouldn't be even in Division 4. I hope they will manage to fix this before the launch of normal GA championships
    kzzy765zc244.png

• Dk_rek wrote: »
    My opponent
    peau4o1msq6z.jpg

Me
    fjc4r0jr14rs.jpg

League
    gauovejuy9on.jpg

Wow that's just a complete failure of matchmaking....

unless the higher GP guy has no g12 and his whole roster is g9 and 10 or something.

Can you post the toon rosters of each player?

Your not the only one screwed. CO2 (your opponent) is not going to be able to compete against his peers because he got matched against you in a lower division causing less battles.

This limits CO2s league progression because CO2s peers that got matched with guys in their own division get 25 to 33% more points from simply having more battles to do in GA.

It prevents you from winning the GA round.

Prevents him from doing well in his division.

Bad for everyone.

maybe you get more points for a win or whatnot to offset whatever points your losing out on for not being able to have a battle as many teams or something...

honestly does anyone even know how the scoring works yet ?

Yes I know how it works. Your making assumptions like maybe you get extra points for a win to offset something that's just completely not true.

lots of people could play last time despite some getting the end of GA screen error.

I won all 6 of my battles and used undermanned teams in each battle. Most of the time I had full protection and always had full hp. After winning all 6 1v5, 3v5 and 4v5 I was still almost 500 points out of the top of my division because some people got to fight up a division and put extra defenses and win extra offensive battles.

Setting 8 defenses and winning 8 offensive battles gives way more points than setting 6 and winning 6. Points determine who wins a division.

The winner of divisions is decided by matchmaking, if you get matched up a division you have a shot, if you get matched equal division or down a division your not gonna be able to keep up with the guys in your division who get to fight up a division getting extra battles and points.