Kit Reveal: Negotiator

13Next

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    None of the synergy ships taunt, and only Plo Koon is capable of passing taunt. The most effective lineup might end up using Plo Koon as Reinforcement depending on what ships you end up using
    Sarge's ARC taunts.
    Still not a he.
  • Presaria
    198 posts Member
    Anyone think the new ship might end up being like Darth Traya in the meta?

Something that high end guilds can shoot for and enjoy, but that won't unbalance the game for everyone else (because there are some other options coming that we don't know about)
  • I suppose unending loyalty that ends after 3 turns is appropriate for Anakin, after all his unending loyalty did end after 3 films
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Presaria wrote: »
    Anyone think the new ship might end up being like Darth Traya in the meta?

Something that high end guilds can shoot for and enjoy, but that won't unbalance the game for everyone else (because there are some other options coming that we don't know about)

I suspect that a fully tricked out Republic fleet will dominate, but since it's going to presumably be quite a while before we start seeing 7* Negotiators, it'll probably take a long time before we start seeing Rebel fleets replaced by GR fleets entirely.

There's also the likely possibility that we get a Separatist capital along with some new Sep ships (cmonn Ventress's fighter) when light side Geo TB comes out, so there's that to consider also.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    None of the synergy ships taunt, and only Plo Koon is capable of passing taunt. The most effective lineup might end up using Plo Koon as Reinforcement depending on what ships you end up using
    Sarge's ARC taunts.

He can only do it if he reinforces. He needs help if in starting lineup.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    So it’s going to cost around 40000 get2 to unlock.

CG expects us to do 24 stars for very high end guild, which awards 5000 get2.

So, if we have 2 TBs a month,it will take 4 months to unlock him...

The meta is not about to change! Lol
  • Aldrahn wrote: »
    Hiding the unlock to the new fleet meta capital ship, behind MK2 from end-game TB is finally what will make me quit the game. Spectacular way to make top spots in fleet unnaproachable for people not in "TIP OF THE SPEAR" guilds. I can kiss this game goodbye since all I was able to get #1 in was fleet. Cue song..another one bites the dust...

Bye
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    I’m very curious to see what kind of speed Negotiator will have. If it’s slower than home 1, I’m not seeing it last on defense. All you need to do is run Biggs Bistan HMF, nuke one of the slow GR ships before they take their first turn, then nuke a second with ackbar’s special and it’s a 1 v 3 before they can take their first turn. Yeah, the assists will do slightly less damage but I don’t think the reduction is significant enough to keep everyone alive. Oh, and as soon as they daze your entire squad just reinforce with gauntlet and use its cleanse.

I currently run mace on top Arena and HT, Ashoka and Rex currently survive the Opener in almost any case vs maxed Rebels. Biggs, Uwing, Falcon offer good burst (rng) but other fleets (even Geos will target you without HT). That -25% Assist is huge since we speak about huge Numbers with Falcon, Phantom etc.

With his First Turn Kenobi will protect them much better than maces ultimate (No cassian cheese).

I clearly think a 5* Kenobi ship will perform well since we always talked about the way to Beat Falcon: a Capital with enough stuff passiv and active since you cant kill this ship or need to reinfor ce.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    I don't like that they recommend Lando as 7th ship instead of Rex.
    The falcon is from a different era. They should make a few changes to the generally weak GR ships so that a fleet with GR ships only would be the best choice.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    I don't like that they recommend Lando as 7th ship instead of Rex.
    The falcon is from a different era. They should make a few changes to the generally weak GR ships so that a fleet with GR ships only would be the best choice.

Eh, the LandoFalcon is a great 3rd or 4th reinforcement for any fleet though. Getting 3-4 turns in a row when you call it in is bonkers.

For those wondering if it will be faster than Ackbar, I'm betting that Anakin's ship will be key, since it repeatedly gives itself Valor and can also spread it to others.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Fives ship is key too.
    It’s what makes Endurance so successful. It gives itself 30% TM and the more it goes, the more TM capital ship gets due to Valor
  • Im pretty happy with how to get this ship. You should have to make hard choices in this game, now this choice will be G12 Finishers for Squad Arena vs. Negotiator for Fleet Arena. Most ppl should not be able to get both quickly.

We do need some more farmable toons. It was going well with the new scoundrels, bounty hunters and OR releases. We need to force some hard choices again to vary our teams. People will complain no matter what, but what will kill this game is for everyones roster to be the same, with the same meta, etc.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Nuked_ogre wrote: »
    Im pretty happy with how to get this ship. You should have to make hard choices in this game, now this choice will be G12 Finishers for Squad Arena vs. Negotiator for Fleet Arena. Most ppl should not be able to get both quickly.

We do need some more farmable toons. It was going well with the new scoundrels, bounty hunters and OR releases. We need to force some hard choices again to vary our teams. People will complain no matter what, but what will kill this game is for everyones roster to be the same, with the same meta, etc.

Well said.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Nuked_ogre wrote: »
    Im pretty happy with how to get this ship. You should have to make hard choices in this game, now this choice will be G12 Finishers for Squad Arena vs. Negotiator for Fleet Arena. Most ppl should not be able to get both quickly.

Preach it!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Looks great and all, but you pretty much screwed half of the guilds and people that are loyal to the guild they're in out of being able to try and unlock this because of the 80M GP requirement...
  • Blue2017blue
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I am truly disappointed with how they have structured this. No one who does not join a META Guild will be able to compete in this event. This is exactly what sent so many other pay to play games to the bone yards. We join a guild, we make friends, then they start putting restrictions in biased against the small guilds and the small guilds fall apart as the more ambitious players leave so they can get the rewards only bestowed upon the large guilds. While my guild is big enough to participate, I will be shocked if we get even one star in this event. I truly enjoy the ships that being my favorite part of the game, and I suppose I should be thankful they did not do it differently as I likely would have spent an embarrassing amount trying to get this. So since it’s mixed,,,,[Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I am truly disappointed with how they have structured this. No one who does not join a META Guild will be able to compete in this event. This is exactly what sent so many other pay to play games to the bone yards. We join a guild, we make friends, then they start putting restrictions in biased against the small guilds and the small guilds fall apart as the more ambitious players leave so they can get the rewards only bestowed upon the large guilds. While my guild is big enough to participate, I will be shocked if we get even one star in this event. I truly enjoy the ships that being my favorite part of the game, and I suppose I should be thankful they did not do it differently as I likely would have spent an embarrassing amount trying to get this. So since it’s mixed,,,,Fank you UA

Agree 160 mil tight guild here awesome guys 68-10 in TW..... with maximum effort should be 2024 unlock on the first new capital ship in forever... just DEV team spitting on Ship fans like they have been for 2 years now.

EDIT When they announced new ship content I literally backed off... no more complaining, begging, blah blah.... hey we were getting cool new ship stuff.... but this heap of trash for a 2024 unlock...well that's not new content...that's content I plan to unlock never cause servers won't be here in 2024...

So back to DEMANDING new ship content full time SINCE WE AIN'T GOT ANY and don't see any coming
  • Is it just me or is it a bit ironic that a GR capital ship specifically gives Anakin’s Starfighter “unending loyalty”? I’m pretty sure that loyalty ended somewhere around episode 3
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Bakel005 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it a bit ironic that a GR capital ship specifically gives Anakin’s Starfighter “unending loyalty”? I’m pretty sure that loyalty ended somewhere around episode 3
    Conveniently, this is an Episode 2/Clone Wars cycle.
    Still not a he.
  • So is the plan that Malevolence won't be the meta shift? Because by my calculations it'll take anywhere from 6 to 7+ months to unlock this ship assuming your guild can earn GET 2 currency equivalent to 30-20 stars per month (10-15 stars per geo tb assuming it runs twice a month).

It'll be real sucky if Malevolence shifts the meta before then since Negotiator seems to be tooled to hard counter HMF rendering all those GET 2 purchases pointless.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    So is the plan that Malevolence won't be the meta shift? Because by my calculations it'll take anywhere from 6 to 7+ months to unlock this ship assuming your guild can earn GET 2 currency equivalent to 30-20 stars per month (10-15 stars per geo tb assuming it runs twice a month).

It'll be real sucky if Malevolence shifts the meta before then since Negotiator seems to be tooled to hard counter HMF rendering all those GET 2 purchases pointless.
    We might have a rock paper scissors meta by having Malevolence hard counter Negotiator which is hard countered by Ackbar
  • DrNinjoy
    32 posts Member
    gbaz91ktzxz6.jpg

Is this yours? If so, nice work
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    I hope you guys are aware of the bug...
    In this post it says:
    "Galactic Republic allies also deal 10% more damage for each other ally with Valor, doubled for Jedi allies"
    But ingame it says:
    "Galactic Republic allies also deal 10% more damage for each other enemy with Valor, doubled for Jedi allies"
  • Why doesn't it show Rex's ARC 170 as one of the ships it has synergies with? I assume that's going to be important in this fleet.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Why doesn't it show Rex's ARC 170 as one of the ships it has synergies with? I assume that's going to be important in this fleet.

Rex's ARC 170 is only an old clones tale, and doesn't actually exist in game. Its never been seen in the wild (and only very rarely in the shard shop).