1107 posts Member
    Great news
  • I just want the "mod hat" I think I was promised. :D
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    J0K3R wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Well, this thread has gone all over the place. I was going to post in a different location, but since all eyes are here I figured it would be the best place.

Instead of me writing a blob of text I'm instead going to have a list a bullet points below:
    • There haven't been as many updates lately because well, I haven't had anything to post. I can't always post about things being worked on for lots of reasons, but the main one is we don't want to set the expectation that something is coming out at a certain time but then we have to delay it because it isn't ready, requires extra testing etc.
    • Weekly updates will be coming from me starting next week. These will be community updates to let players know about everything going on that can be discussed.
    • The development team and myself see all of the bug reports from the community, they aren't being ignored. Sometimes they can be fixed quickly, and sometimes they can take more time.
    • The feedback area on the forums has been extremely helpful for the team and myself. It allows us to focus on one topic at a time, whereas before we had to dig through all posts to find feedback on characters for example.
    • I do try to post as often as I can, but there are times where I may be traveling or working on other things for the community. Like I said above, I'll be posting a weekly update so at a minimum you all can know that is coming.

Thanks,
    Jesse

Heaven forbid you miss by a day.... U got a bunker u can lay low in just in case?

:D
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse Great to hear from you.

While you don't have to follow anyone else's outline, I suggest you check out Marvel Puzzle Quests forum and the stickies in their general. They don't give everything away about what is coming up, but they really help inform their player base. They even have 'dev' videos from time to time.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

Thanks for posting and hope to hear from you more! (weekly updates would be ultra welcome)
  • Off topic here, but I figured why not.
    I'm watching the Clone Wars series and there are constantly fire/explosions in the space battles, but space is a vacuum, there would be no oxygen for fire to burn. Any explanation?
  • DashRendar wrote: »
    Dear Dev team,

A little communication goes a long way. Communication and a solid message can influence a target audience in ways you wouldn't believe; coupled with the ease of spreading your message this forum has unlimited potential to increase your profits and our in game enjoyment. Therefore, the following is a simple solution to fixing the perception of the forum masses.

1) Post a weekly or biweekly update of known bugs, forum observations, and dev team efforts.

2) Keep moderators informed on the game updates and progress to steer unruly threads between update messages. Perhaps promote more active members to mods.

3) Provide us your ideal end goal for this game. Allot of people are spending cash not knowing where this game is going and only seeing new character additions and few content additions. I'm talking provide us details on ships, guilds, events, guild wars, plot lines, etc. Where do you plan to take this game?

I think these simple things would really help the little guys.

Thanks for listening fellas.

@EA_Jesse Thanks for listening! Stoked for weekly updates.
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    If i was @EA_Jesse i would consult my lawyer before posting things officially. Thats where he is, i bet. The negative ppl did this. Constructive critisism is one thing, but some ppl go to far n have no manners.

I forgot OP, so might not apply to him

+1
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Or ppl could develop the quality of patience

No I need to know everything now!!! So many entitled people, they don't need to tell you everything they're working on in detail before it's even ready

+1

Too serious tone and too much advise for EA. I think it's good but too many become disrespectful too soon. Offering your services to them to teach them how to do isn't offensive but laughable.

I do agree however there is a very loyal base and if there's nothing new to do, things get boring and they want to build up expectations - but as we've seen it's also hard because once you create expectations you also run a huge risk of it not being everything people expected it to be. Just 2% not happy and I makes the forum look like an en masse riot.

Glad Jesse commented. I am not a fan of how things went with the past mayor update, but happy to see him jump in.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    The weekly posts will likely start Friday next week. That way I can put everything from that week in one spot (Bug fixes, recent updates, news to share).

Awesome!!! This is exactly what we've been needing. Thanks.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    The weekly posts will likely start Friday next week. That way I can put everything from that week in one spot (Bug fixes, recent updates, news to share).

Bro I was super depressed, but after a solid workout and Papa @EA_Jesse boosting morale I'm super stoked. I may celebrate with a mega crystal pack...skys the limit now!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »

Bro I was super depressed, but after a solid workout and Papa @EA_Jesse boosting morale I'm super stoked. I may celebrate with a mega crystal pack...skys the limit now!

Lmao
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

Lol
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Weekly updates is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for.

I can die happy now.

Thanks!
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Awesome Jesse! Weekly updates are a HUGE step! But don't go all disappearing on us during the week, huh? ;)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    Awesome Jesse! Weekly updates are a HUGE step! But don't go all disappearing on us during the week, huh? ;)

Papa left the children home for too long and we PANICKED!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Rolf wrote: »

Lord of the Flies comes to mind
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Rolf wrote: »

Lord of the Flies comes to mind

Ha-ha perhaps this is some social experiment! As long as we're not Piggy. Pretty sure he gets the short end of the stick...
  • “Which is better--to have laws and agree, or to hunt and kill?”
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    “Which is better--to have laws and agree, or to hunt and kill?”

Depends on your occupation...
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    edited March 2016

This honestly will help tremendously. It doesn't even have to be detailed, just knowing the gist of what is happening with the game will keep people happy.

Of course, there are those that will complain regardless but for most this is a giant step in the right direction.

That said, my advice to you is that if you know you will not be able to post your weekly update due to other duties you have or even something unforseen happens (like getting sick), it would be best to have a backup of someone else to post them. I realize no one else's job duties include posting on the forums but for the sake of everyone's sanity (due to the chaos that would ensue) please have a backup poster haha.
    Post edited by klay on
  • I can almost feel the love again...

Nothing compares to the gamer and game maker interaction platform. Acknowledging a new path for a more streamlined approach for communications between the two is a good and wise move ! @EA_Jesse

Glad this new ground work is laid out.

" I smell some QGJ bacon burning ! - HK
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Dear Dev team,

A little communication goes a long way. Communication and a solid message can influence a target audience in ways you wouldn't believe; coupled with the ease of spreading your message this forum has unlimited potential to increase your profits and our in game enjoyment. Therefore, the following is a simple solution to fixing the perception of the forum masses.

1) Post a weekly or biweekly update of known bugs, forum observations, and dev team efforts.

2) Keep moderators informed on the game updates and progress to steer unruly threads between update messages. Perhaps promote more active members to mods.

3) Provide us your ideal end goal for this game. Allot of people are spending cash not knowing where this game is going and only seeing new character additions and few content additions. I'm talking provide us details on ships, guilds, events, guild wars, plot lines, etc. Where do you plan to take this game?

I think these simple things would really help the little guys.

Thanks for listening fellas.

@EA_Jesse Thanks for listening! Stoked for weekly updates.

Agreed. I think weekly updates will go a long way.
  • FashionFett
    891 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @EA_Jesse was travelling today, so he may not be able before it changes (here) from March 8th to March 9th.

But give the guy a break, sheesh. He's on a lot, including weekends.

I haven't been posting, but I've been reading as I said earlier in this thread.

We do have updates coming, and we'll get some info out about that in the next few days.

If we're quiet, it's simply because we're heads-down busy making the game bigger / better / more bug-free. :)
    Hey Everyone,

Well, this thread has gone all over the place. I was going to post in a different location, but since all eyes are here I figured it would be the best place.

Instead of me writing a blob of text I'm instead going to have a list a bullet points below:
    • There haven't been as many updates lately because well, I haven't had anything to post. I can't always post about things being worked on for lots of reasons, but the main one is we don't want to set the expectation that something is coming out at a certain time but then we have to delay it because it isn't ready, requires extra testing etc.
    • Weekly updates will be coming from me starting next week. These will be community updates to let players know about everything going on that can be discussed.
    • The development team and myself see all of the bug reports from the community, they aren't being ignored. Sometimes they can be fixed quickly, and sometimes they can take more time.
    • The feedback area on the forums has been extremely helpful for the team and myself. It allows us to focus on one topic at a time, whereas before we had to dig through all posts to find feedback on characters for example.
    • I do try to post as often as I can, but there are times where I may be traveling or working on other things for the community. Like I said above, I'll be posting a weekly update so at a minimum you all can know that is coming.

Thanks,
    Jesse

With these answers, I hope we can look ahead and anticipate updates in the future.

FashionFett.
  • Look, I'm happy they responded, but I'm gonna play devils advocate and pause premature celebration. At the moment weekly updates is a carrot dangling on a stick in front of us. It starts next week Friday so it's another week of silence, that's fine. But I'm reserving judgement until we actually receive the aforementioned weekly updates.

Have a great day guys.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • It's just a game :)
  • Look, I'm happy they responded, but I'm gonna play devils advocate and pause premature celebration. At the moment weekly updates is a carrot dangling on a stick in front of us. It starts next week Friday so it's another week of silence, that's fine. But I'm reserving judgement until we actually receive the aforementioned weekly updates.

Have a great day guys.

Exactly. This could just be the "11 page patch notes" in a new get-up. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    I'm watching the Clone Wars series and there are constantly fire/explosions in the space battles, but space is a vacuum, there would be no oxygen for fire to burn. Any explanation?

It's called implosion :D
  • Really good news indeed ty!
  • JonWonKenobi
    337 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    So instead of a preview of what's coming up with the game, we got a preview of the next planned preview. I feel happy but also feel like I've just been conned...

but that's good enough for me

*puts down pitch fork*

It's called implosion :D

Ah but combustion and implosion are two different processes. Implosion explains star destruction and perhaps some "explosion" (imploded matter bouncing off itself) but not the fire part. Oh well. Maybe I'm thinking to scientific and less Star Wars.

Have a great day guys.

Exactly. This could just be the "11 page patch notes" in a new get-up. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Honestly, whether there are no weekly updates or daily updates...or hourly updates...this game is a longer-term play and people need to have patience. No messages from the devs directly doesn't indicate anything negative especially about the game's viability. This is a Star Wars / Disney title supported by EA / CG. The game isn't going anywhere anytime soon and we all see more content is in the game already, but it's going to take time.