So the new definition of difficulty is absurd tenacity?

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    He wants optimal strategies. Something that isn’t just put your best squad in and blast away. It’s only phase 1, but I didn’t see much room for strategy either, other than the need for mod adjustments.
    @Bulldog1205
    Care to elaborate on that? Mostly what you mean by "strategy". Are we talking team selection and kill order for example, because it seems to me that both definately make a difference.
    Heck, people are already complaining about the random combat mission bosses because the different bosses require different strategies.
    Putting in your best squad and just blasting away seems very unbulldog1205y, what's up with that? haha

But that randomness is kind of what I mean though. If I’m understanding people right it’s like Hoth TB in that the enemies aren’t the same every time. Others are reporting getting bosses in different areas than I did. So that means you can’t properly prepare by bringing in a specific team to counter your opponents. You kind of just have to go with your best team.

Which is something I'm disappointed with. I'd much rather have a different boss fixed for each mission and need 11 or 12 different teams than be forced to go with my best 4 or 5 for the entire TB.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Oh my god the new content is challenging and it's harder to debuff higher level enemies? We can't have that!! I want to be able to put it on auto so the game becomes boring again!!!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Mod for potency, bring a character with tenacity down, or use a team that isn't debuff dependent.

I think I know the one you're talking about. There was ONE phase of ONE battle where they seemed to resist a bunch. I was using Bossk lead bounty hunters with Dengar on the team. Dengar gives tenacity down. On the turns they didn't have tenacity down I was at least healing anyhow because with Bossk you heal even when your debuffs are resisted. It was a near effortless 4/4 win.

Granted it took a while, and I couldn't do it on auto, but I thought the point of this new TB is that we won't destroy it on auto for at least a few months.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's called end game content for a reason. It was also explained to be more difficult than anything we had seen before.

For sure... but in fact when a game add new end game, they make the old game content more easy. That help new player to join the old player...CG add new content and never make easy the old content.
    One of the thing who made the game more easy in the near past was the 8 attempts... and it was deleted...

They made g12 more accessible and now they made g13 openly accessible, which they have stated will make old content easier.... so how are they not making old content easier?
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Yet another example of why I say OP needs to find a new game. For this thread, I recommend trying Chutes and Ladders.

I'd be shocked to ever see a thread where CG_TVF doesn't make a comment. One day I might find one. :tongue:

If you do, point it out....I'm sure he'd weigh in. :D

While I am paid by the post, I get a bonus per thread posted in. So of course. I like money.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ea/cg was about to go broke a couple months back. They had to ban TVF to keep their head above water.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    ea/cg was about to go broke a couple months back. They had to ban TVF to keep their head above water.

This is all on paper though.

Still waiting on an actual paycheck @Kyno
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

But let's face it, it is a lazy way of doing it. I saw virtually no diversity in the characters, kill order basically didn't matter up until maybe wave 4. No cooldowns to track, just a matter of brute force. Whatever man, I just wanted to point that out. ...

Let's discuss this a bit, in every event they use different styles or combinations of mechanics to set the stage. They will use multiple stages, TM loading, or other things/combinations to make the end more difficult. These "stage settings" are used to catch the player off guard and show weaknesses in the player setup, and then the real battle is the last stage. Even hear you are saying you start to see that. Not sure if you realize that.

This is also early in the game mode and you may be jumping to conclusions, just because you dont like a single technique they use. You dont know what else is coming.

As we progress and develop that mechanic will fade and you will see more to this later, the mechanics you see right now are just a layer to the difficulty, not the end all be all.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

But let's face it, it is a lazy way of doing it. I saw virtually no diversity in the characters, kill order basically didn't matter up until maybe wave 4. No cooldowns to track, just a matter of brute force. Whatever man, I just wanted to point that out. ...

Let's discuss this a bit, in every event they use different styles or combinations of mechanics to set the stage. They will use multiple stages, TM loading, or other things/combinations to make the end more difficult. These "stage settings" are used to catch the player off guard and show weaknesses in the player setup, and then the real battle is the last stage. Even hear you are saying you start to see that. Not sure if you realize that.

This is also early in the game mode and you may be jumping to conclusions, just because you dont like a single technique they use. You dont know what else is coming.

As we progress and develop that mechanic will fade and you will see more to this later, the mechanics you see right now are just a layer to the difficulty, not the end all be all.

Yeah, but as has already been pointed out on the fourms:
    8 stage assault battles are lazy, it should be 4 stages and the first 3 should just be harder
    Preloaded TM is lazy, instead CG should use <no definitive answer given>
    "Forcing" certain characters to be used (i.e. Dengar in the Chewbacca event) is lazy, we should be able to use them all.
    GP gating is lazy, we should be able to go in and fail as often as we want.

Everything CG does is lazy, so is it any surprise that tenacity loading is lazy? What the forums really want is strategy not these lazy mechanics that force us to select just the right characters, mod them differently than we might for PVP, and then go in and carefully select which abilities to use on who and when. Who has time for all that?
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    Options
    New TB fights are tough. I love them. Compared to the preloaded TM **** in some of the recent events, difficulty makes much more sense.

The only thing I dislike so far is Clone Commander's Tough Terrain ability. Doesn't make much sense to me to have something like that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

8 stage assault battles are lazy, it should be 4 stages and the first 3 should just be harder
    "Forcing" certain characters to be used (i.e. Dengar in the Chewbacca event) is lazy, we should be able to use them all.

Everything CG does is lazy, so is it any surprise that tenacity loading is lazy? What the forums really want is strategy not these lazy mechanics that force us to select just the right characters, mod them differently than we might for PVP, and then go in and carefully select which abilities to use on who and when. Who has time for all that?

But your opinions are not "the forum" and are not representative of the player base as a whole.

We also dont know what other mechanics are used here as the event has just started.

I would also like to point out that "strategy" without strength (the mechanics you list as lazy) are not end game, they dont require development and they are easily bypassed, and obvious.

Most times you have to develop past the "lazy" techniques to get to the strategy, which is part of the point. Thos initial mechanics hide the battle and make it immediately difficult, without revealing the depth. IMO.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

But your opinions are not "the forum" and are not representative of the player base as a whole.

We also dont know what other mechanics are used here as the event has just started.

I would also like to point out that "strategy" without strength (the mechanics you list as lazy) are not end game, they dont require development and they are easily bypassed, and obvious.

Most times you have to develop past the "lazy" techniques to get to the strategy, which is part of the point. Thos initial mechanics hide the battle and make it immediately difficult, without revealing the depth. IMO.

I was being facetious. Pointing out that every mechanic CG introduces is almost immediately labeled as lazy by the forum. It's not my opinion, just an observation.

I was also pointing out that these mechanics generally achieve what the forums claim they want - strategy rather than brute force.

Guess it didn't come across as well in print as it did in my head.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    A lot of you are institutionalized.

Upping stats like regen or tenacity is the laziest possible design philosophy for creating difficulty.

Look, they didn't think ahead when they blew the power level out of the universe with traya. They tried to fix it with revan by making the same mistake. They did the same again with malak, and guess what? They still have not learned and will do it again with the negotiator. As long as every new journey has to directly counter every existing mechanic in the game this is not going to change.

The fake difficulty of geo TB is an attempt to cater the content to the mistakes they made with power creep. The tragedy isn't how difficult it is. The tragedy is that they have already creeped right around it with g13. The cycle will continue until it is absolutely pointless for new people to join... and that threshold was very likely crossed with Malak

Can you please describe what you think a real difficulty increase would be. This has been asked of the OP too.

General difficulty increases are a good thing. If they get too specific, then it becomes less "develop around this" and more "you need X toon/team". I would rather have a level or design of difficulty that makes it very hard at my current level and easier as I develop my roster, than just have it be difficult until you get "this toon/team".

Honestly bro you would rather have whatever the devs make it and that's fine. You have a certain bias which is understandable and I don't blame you for it. I know for a fact if difficulty made it so that you required a certain character you would defend it too by saying how they have to incentivize players to farm more characters, and the alternative is bad because it requires less work and anyone's current roster is good etc. I understand where you're coming from and again, I don't blame you, this is your job.

But let's face it, it is a lazy way of doing it. I saw virtually no diversity in the characters, kill order basically didn't matter up until maybe wave 4. No cooldowns to track, just a matter of brute force. Whatever man, I just wanted to point that out. And honestly I'm tired of them keeping punishing characters who rely on debuffs like the wampa, NS, Vader, Sith, basically most DS toons.

Maybe this wasn't clear:

What are you suggesting?

Saying it's broken and should be better is not the same as actually producing ideas. You say there is no strategy and this is lazy just brute force.... that is every raid that we have for the first little bit. In the end there is always a team that develops or a toon that makes a team work better. It always plays out that we end up with one thing that fors better and makes things fall into place.

I'm not doing a job, I'm here because (unlike you) I love this game. I do this in my free time, because I want to be here and enjoy this and the game, you should try that some time. I have spent money here and still can say without a wavering thought, it's just a game and I am here to have fun.

I think this was a missed opportunity for something greater. All we got is Hoth on steroids with alot more tenacity. I was expecting more from the TB, like actual mechanics that matter. Specific kill order, required dispellers, required cleansers for certain debuffs. Perhaps mini boss flights where the whole guild contributes like a small raid. Added abilities that have to be well timed and used in a specific manner.

So now you want required toons?

I don’t think that’s what he’s saying. He wants optimal strategies. Something that isn’t just put your best squad in and blast away. It’s only phase 1, but I didn’t see much room for strategy either, other than the need for mod adjustments.

See I disagree. I like TBs because they are "just put your best squad in and blast away". TBs are pretty much the only source of PvE content that lets me use my best squad. If I want to build specific teams to overcome mechanics I already have raids for that.
  • Options
    So I am hoping one day you will find something you like in this game so you can have fun, like the rest of us. From the way you post, you seem to be truly exercising the definition of insanity.

It's called end game content for a reason. It was also explained to be more difficult than anything we had seen before.

As for no strategy, dont worry someone else will figure it out for you and you can follow them.

The strategy being spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and upgrade to g13?

I mean the OP post was pointless, but let's not pretend there is strategy involved in this TB or any past TB.
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Y'all are the trolls not me, I literally said I was hoping for more creative ways to make it hard. I didn't say it should be easy. I just wanted it to be mechanically challenging not straight up 200% tenacity, tons of protection recovery with huge health pools and defense.

So before you start attacking me, understand what I'm saying

I dunno - I ran MT and managed to stun everyone in P4 (hint, her leadership provides a potency boost).

I've actually understood some of your positions in the past, but complaining about the difficulty of endgame content on the first day is pretty childish. I don't find myself agreeing with TVF much, but in this regard, you might want to heed his advice and find a different game as there really doesn't appear to be a single thing in this one you enjoy.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    . at least they don’t have 400 speed

please....ideas....do not give them :)
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    So I am hoping one day you will find something you like in this game so you can have fun, like the rest of us. From the way you post, you seem to be truly exercising the definition of insanity.

As for no strategy, dont worry someone else will figure it out for you and you can follow them.

I mean the OP post was pointless, but let's not pretend there is strategy involved in this TB or any past TB.

So just kill whatever and don't worry about the enemy abilities?

Ok.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Jenjhys wrote: »

For sure... but in fact when a game add new end game, they make the old game content more easy. That help new player to join the old player...CG add new content and never make easy the old content.
    One of the thing who made the game more easy in the near past was the 8 attempts... and it was deleted...

They made g12 more accessible and now they made g13 openly accessible, which they have stated will make old content easier.... so how are they not making old content easier?

They have made some things more accessible. I noticed that they added more gear 12 to being farmable, but this does not necessarily help much. If they want to make it more accessible they would increase the drop rates or increase our energy intake. Just sharing a valuable currency for more things does not really address that. I'll see over time how things go and if our currency intake increases for guild event tokens and such with the new TB, and GA mode.
  • Options
    Its really hard but i cant find any fault in its design
    Except the dang danga 36 hour thing
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    I can't wait to see the complaints in P4...
    B)

*popcorn*
    *binoculars*
    *more popcorn*
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I was being facetious. Pointing out that every mechanic CG introduces is almost immediately labeled as lazy by the forum. It's not my opinion, just an observation.

I was also pointing out that these mechanics generally achieve what the forums claim they want - strategy rather than brute force.

Guess it didn't come across as well in print as it did in my head.

Sorry, it's hard to read sarcasm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

There are strategies to the battles.

$$$ only speeds things up, it doesnt help you win. A guild with all G13 CUP doesnt mean you will win or beat TB. This game is about strategy, part of that is who you develop and how you set them up.
  • Options
    You dont have to spend anything dude, as your shard ages you will get pushed out even if you did
    All of these things are optional, its a f2p mobile game
    Our guild got killed and we may still 6* p1
  • Options
    Tip, if you have him stared up, Make b1 the fastest char u have
  • Options
    Hey kyno how do u feel about the 36 hour thing?
  • Options
    So something I'd add that i think was a mistake is releasing the tb before all required toons are available. I see one of the fleet missions requires the yet to be released vulture droid.

I don't think it's cool to limit how many stars we can earn by making it literally impossible to do certain missions because the toon doesn't exist in game yet.

Also from what i could see the GET 1 token imcome isn't superior to the Hoth Tbs by a noticeable margin. I don't think it's cool to not let us do Hoth TB and reduce our GET 1 token income. Maybe I'm mistaken but it sure looks like I'll be earning less GET 1 tokens this time around than I'd get from the Hoth TB (and those tokens remain a useful source for farming g12 gear)
  • Options
    OP's recommended game34qbd3rgh9sl.jpg
  • Options
    So something I'd add that i think was a mistake is releasing the tb before all required toons are available. I see one of the fleet missions requires the yet to be released vulture droid.

I don't think it's cool to limit how many stars we can earn by making it literally impossible to do certain missions because the toon doesn't exist in game yet.

Also from what i could see the GET 1 token imcome isn't superior to the Hoth Tbs by a noticeable margin. I don't think it's cool to not let us do Hoth TB and reduce our GET 1 token income. Maybe I'm mistaken but it sure looks like I'll be earning less GET 1 tokens this time around than I'd get from the Hoth TB (and those tokens remain a useful source for farming g12 gear)

The Vulture droid is an event unit. It is automatically provided to you.
  • Options

Based on their projections in the previews, you are most likely going to receive about half of the GET1 tokens from GEO as you would at Hoth. But the tradeoff is getting GET2, since that is what you need to purchase the new capital ship, the G12 finisher salvage, and Kyrotech salvage. They are not looking to increase your GET income, but transition it to more useful endgame currency.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    @Hortus
    Almost everything you listed were innovative ideas incorporated into the Tank Raid, lol... perhaps I missed the point you were trying to make, but those are prime examples of creative ideas being incorporated into new content (at the time). We still have to see what previous game mechanics they will incorporate in the future phases.

@BaldingHead90 ,
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that you’re not excited for the Acklay Mission? I’m stoked. I proposed a new raid idea ages ago regarding the three main Geo Arena beasts for shared damage control amongst the guild, but I’m glad it’s here instead. Very interested to see the uniqueness in action after reading the descriptions around it.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne