New player here, looking for some guidance

I just hit level 18 and I was offered the Assassin Droid bundle. (Second day playing)
Seeing as i have no dark side team i was considering buying it
I have no idea whats good and was hoping someone could give me a list of things to look out for
right now my light side team is

Qui-Gon Jin
Clone Wars Chewie
Jedi Consular
Jedi Knight Guardian
Jawa

Is it worth making a jedi knight team for light side?
Or even pvp in general? I'm currently 4300 on my ladder and would like to get somewhat competitive.

Replies

• It's enouh team,now.
    But you will have some trouble for upgrading your team.
    Ex)qui-gon is very good. But he need much $$
  • Don't buy pack bro, level the consular and chewie (good tank). You'll unlock talks soon and some others, keep at it :) save money :)
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • It depends on how much more u Want to spend. The droid pack is Nice. Especially ig-88 and u gab Farm him in Arena but i would Farm Darth sid there. A Full Jedi Team is very expensisve cause u ganz Farm the best jedis. And u have to spend more Money the more Stars u Want.
    I would use crystals for Energy and try to get lvl 40 als fast aus u can cause u Open galactic wars wehre u have Access to the best healer ingame. Luminare undulli.
    The droid pack is a Personal Choice. 4* hk isnt that good but the Rest is ok. Ig-88 is a total Glass Canon and Hits really really hard with a Nice leader ability
  • moddom
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Light side before the latest patch was extremely good (They are still good but it takes $$$). Luminara is almost a must for anyone who is not spending money in this game and even if you are she is an insanely good healer and attacker. One of the best and one of my favorite characters in this game.

You can farm her shards in galactic war and through ls/ds hard battles.
  • Jedi teams are out of favor right now with the recent sidious and maul buff. In your current roster, consular can take you til lvl60 he's a great all rounder and jawa can take you into the 50s. So for now focus on those 2. right now your top priority should be to lvl up your account and unlock galaxy war asap to get access to more shipments.

You can opt to try your luck in chromium packs to get some new characters but it's all luck. The droid pack characters are all good and are all farmable so is a good choice as well if you want to spend the money.
  • Jedi just received a series of nerfs, including Qui-Gon. Sith just saw significant increases to how they stack up against Jedi.

To be competitive you need to be able to advance both Dark and Light missions, so invest in healers that have shards you can get to on both sides of the fence. From there I would look at synergy options and pick one you enjoy that spans Dark/Light such as droids or scoundrels.

Whichever you pick will need healing and when you start going through Galactic War you'll want multiple healers in order to advance in it. It's a type of endurance test where your characters' health is maintained through a series of encounters, so multiple healers in a single squad helps to keep them at high health so they don't wind up starting matches at low health.
  • Thank you for all the posts, I'll try to focus on leveling up. :)
  • Droid pack is rubbish. None are in my first team don't bother with packs. Chromium a are a con too. Use any gems for refreshing energy and enjoy the game. Don't worry to much about pvp aswell until you are ready
  • If you cannot get to top 500 by lvl30, reroll and buy dooku pack.
  • If you cannot get to top 500 by lvl30, reroll and buy dooku pack.

Surely that's dependent on the age and scope of his server, is it not?

• Loce
    194 posts Member
    This forum is cool as it gets when it comes to helping people.

I only have one thing to add that I didn't see. In my opinion...get rid of Jedi knight guardian as soon as you can. Someone else might disagree, but I see nothing good in her
  • Yea I'm probably going to be at least in the top 1000 in the next few days since im not using gems to refresh. It seems really easy to rank up, some peoples teams are just super weak.
  • Loce wrote: »
    This forum is cool as it gets when it comes to helping people.

I only have one thing to add that I didn't see. In my opinion...get rid of Jedi knight guardian as soon as you can. Someone else might disagree, but I see nothing good in her

I've actually seen this a lot around the forum, what would be good thats sort of easier to get?
  • Healers are really important to progress on both sides. I really hope that you have some luck with Bronzium packs and pull either Luminara or Old Daka on one of your opens. You'll see people have had luck with those, especially early on.

In the meantime, you have Jedi Consular and Talia. JC is really nice - I have him fully geared and one shard away from promoting him to 7*. Talia, well, I'm a bit underwhelmed but maybe I just never gave her a fair chance.

If I started over today knowing what I do now, I would go full steam on Old Daka from Cantina shipments. Not only is she the only other Dark Side healer, but she can really help with missions because her basic attack can stun enemies.
  • Oh, and as far as the droids, IG-88 and IG-86 are glass cannons - high damage, low health. This is why when I only had Talia, it was frustrating to keep dark side guys alive.

HK-47 does have a good health and a chance at ability blocking opponents. They really shine with Poggle the Lesser and/or Lobot, which means it'll take some time (barring great luck with your Bronzium cards) before they become a real force
  • Kabbage wrote: »
    Oh, and as far as the droids, IG-88 and IG-86 are glass cannons - high damage, low health. This is why when I only had Talia, it was frustrating to keep dark side guys alive.

HK-47 does have a good health and a chance at ability blocking opponents. They really shine with Poggle the Lesser and/or Lobot, which means it'll take some time (barring great luck with your Bronzium cards) before they become a real force

I actually pulled a 4 star poggle from opening cards with 20 dollars that i spent