Guide: (Noobs guide) How is Galactic Power Factored into PVP?

Hello everyone, I'm Jackaran. You may remember me from such games as Warframe, League of Legends, and Combat Arms, and like those other pay to win games, I'm here to help YOU become the best player you can be with these guides!

I get asked this a lot by players "Jack, I can't beat my opponent. The Galactic Power says we're evenly matched, but I just can't beat them!"

Have no fear, I'll break it down and explain the hard science and math that go into determining Galactic Power and how it's the most effective scheme metric to determining your skill as a player.

The Basics.

Each character has stats, STR, TAC, AGI, these primary attributes replace the core of most fantasy games (Str, Agi, Int) These also have growths that are offset to indicate racial perks (Yes, all races aren't equal. Wookiees are stronger than Rodians. Trandoshan's are stronger than Wookiees.(unbiased src: Bossk, Tales of the Bounty Hunters 1996))

So knowing who is stronger in what helps you understand who is stronger than what.

For example. Chewbecca requires a full squad of Gear 12+ bounty hunters to obtain. He's a strong dude, who is all about pounding the enemy team. Contrast this to the Emperor, who's an old guy. Clearly the wookiee is stronger.

But then we get into "General Stats" and this is where the nuts and bolts come in. You need to understand that Galactic Power is like a Military arsenal count. So obviously "General Stats" indicate the army strength of your "General" in this case "Chewbecca" so when you see his health is like 30k (always stack health, see my previous guides) it's basically saying Chewbecca has an army of 30,000 soldiers. That's a lot of dudes, which is why you need gear 12+ bounty hunters to beat him.

The Depth and the calculations

So now you're like "Jack, I know all of this, what about the math?"

So this is a complicated format that not even EA understands fully, so follow me through this carefully.

When calculating your opponent for Grand Arena or this new Grand Arena (we're gonna call it Grand Grand Arena in this guide.)

Grand Grand Arena follows a formula of Character Power(calculated by Gear level + Star rating + Ability Levels)x(Number of characters and their current stats)+Space Ships (calculated based on Ability levels + Star rating + total character power level)

Now if that doesn't confuse you, you're on the right track because here is where things get dicey...

Once the game has two players Galactic Power Level, it then runs them through a match making system to determine who is your best matched (based on skill) opponent.

Skill is determined based on this mathematical equation. Galactic Power = Skill.

So like in my other guide how I tell you "Stack health." Many theorists and experts agree: More Galactic Power = more skill. Skill is determined not by player ability rather this formula:

Skill = T(-T)+$(-$)

Key: T = Time, $ = Money, - = subtraction, + = addition, ( ) = multiplication

Stepping up to the Plate

So once they've calculated your skill accurately, they process it through a matchmaking system that operates on a rock paper scissor dice roll (or integer as programmers know it.) Review my chart below as it's more complicated than I'm explaining it.

Traditional strategy formula = Rock > Scissors > Paper > Rock - This is true for almost every strategy game out there. Infantry beats Artillery, Artillery beats Fortifications, Fortifications beats Infantry.

SWGOH's formula: Total Health > Total Speed > Tyrannosaurus Rex > Uma Thurman > Total Health > Nirvana's last album > Total Health > T(-T)+$(-$) > Cookie Monster

And now you're all confused. Let me explain, because as previously mentioned. Not even EA understands this formula completely, but there is genius here that requires serious brain power to completely understand.

By creating a system in which no one really understands what any of it means, it creates a very interesting and frustrating system in which no one really understands what any of it means, therefore creating a very good system in which no one really understands what any of it means thus you can make anything mean anything and there's no definition to which you have to govern rules or determine what constitutes anything, you can just make it up and you're right and any frustration you may have is really a "you problem" and not the game's.

Thank you for taking the time to read my guide. So hopefully next time you're wondering "I am rank 1700 in Arena, yet I'm matched against a player who is arena rank 100...HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT THEM?" have no fear, this guide is your North Star to explaining how you could use your skill to beat your opponents on the battlefield.

Tune in next time, when we'll be switching gears from PVP to PVE and talk about Raiding! Bring your Swedish gear!

Replies

• Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    I’m guessing you meant to type - ‘I’m a noob please someone explain to me as I don’t fully understand’

This makes less sense than your last wall of text...
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Jackaran wrote: »

I get asked this a lot by players "Jack, I can't beat my opponent. The Galactic Power says we're evenly matched, but I just can't beat them!"

can you give a list of who asks you this so we can contact them and give them the correct information and actually help them
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno

Please change the subject of this discussion, and maybe also add a line or two in the top of the text, before some new player reads this, believing it contains actual facts to guide him/her through anything.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Your first post wasn't funny and this one isn't either.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Your first post wasn't funny and this one isn't either.

I didn’t even bother to read this one.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    I’m guessing you meant to type - ‘I’m a noob please someone explain to me as I don’t fully understand’

This makes less sense than your last wall of text...

If you like, I could attempt a re-write and maybe throw in some photoshop graphs to hopefully illustrate my key points. I could also try to get you a power point slide, if that would help to.
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Jackaran wrote: »

can you give a list of who asks you this so we can contact them and give them the correct information and actually help them

I like that idea, how about you make a post answering this very question and I'll enter a hyper link to it at the bottom of my post.
    Waqui wrote: »
    @Kyno

Please change the subject of this discussion, and maybe also add a line or two in the top of the text, before some new player reads this, believing it contains actual facts to guide him/her through anything.

Not sure what you're getting at here, but the discussion is on the correct subject. If you have any submissions or additional contributions you'd like to make, feel free to share them.

Thank you guys, I know some of you didn't take the time to read it, but you all seem pretty experienced with the game already, so we should listen to your wisdom and knowledge while allowing inexperienced players to throw out their questions.

I'll admit, there are a few things I didn't directly touch on, but that's why this is a discussion.