Who's applied for barriss pack refund?

Prev134
Like many who have been treated very badly over this situation, I am now thinking about applying for full refund through Apple.

I wanted to know if anyone has done this and what was the outcome. I might add if I do request a refund through Apple it will be the first time ever. I can't help feeling EA could have avoided this if they just would have handled things more professionally with the customer in mind first, and not just some after thought.

Please post your experience with your refund process.

There is no reason to delete this thread as its not breaking any rules.

Replies

• I've been emailing devs about this. I'm going to do what I can to make sure people who try and scam ea out of their money have their accounts deleted. At the end of the day EA did absolutely nothing wrong. You bought the heroine bundle, not the barriss bundle, you had 4+ characters to work with. Also if you were not informed that characters could be nerfed or buffed that's on you for not educating yourself on what you're purchasing. Anyways 1 character out of 4+ got nerfed, there's just no way you're entitled to a refund or any compensation at all. You reaped the benefits of the OP barriss, and you should have seen a nerf coming.
  • According to the forums many have applied for the refund and no one has knowingly been banned. I don't think some people understand how the refund process works and is not awarded to people for no reason. People are given refunds due to not receiving what was purchased and/or what one has purchased was somehow altered within a certain time frame. Those complaining about people who got refunds should be banned stands on no factual grounds as to why a fairly received refund should = a ban. If EA so chose they could take a way what you purchase because you refunded it which is perfectly logical. However completely banning and or deleting an account would be excessive and would result in entire refund of everything purchased.

Hope this helps :)
  • Ewok is adorable, free riding the game, and trying to work the developers against their best most profitable clients.

Ewok, we all ❤️ you! :-)
  • moddom wrote: »
    According to the forums many have applied for the refund and no one has knowingly been banned. I don't think some people understand how the refund process works and is not awarded to people for no reason. People are given refunds due to not receiving what was purchased and/or what one has purchased was somehow altered within a certain time frame. Those complaining about people who got refunds should be banned stands on no factual grounds as to why a fairly received refund should = a ban. If EA so chose they could take a way what you purchase because you refunded it which is perfectly logical. However completely banning and or deleting an account would be excessive and would result in entire refund of everything purchased.

This is wrong. Just because one of your OP characters got nerfed in a bundle with 4+ characters doesn't mean you can ask for a refund, especially if you're uninformed about nerfs and buffs. Even if you had 4+ characters that were OP and got nerfed doesn't mean you can get a refund let alone 1. Remember it was called the heroine bundle not the barriss bundle, we get it none of the other characters you got were even close to the opness of barriss which is why you guys are all having a hissy fit.

Trust me other apps have banned people for doing this, you broke the TOS which means you are not entitled to a complete refund. If this wasn't the case everyone would buy bundles and the second a slight change happens to one character they'd request a refund.
    According to the forums many have applied for the refund and no one has knowingly been banned. I don't think some people understand how the refund process works and is not awarded to people for no reason. People are given refunds due to not receiving what was purchased and/or what one has purchased was somehow altered within a certain time frame. Those complaining about people who got refunds should be banned stands on no factual grounds as to why a fairly received refund should = a ban. If EA so chose they could take a way what you purchase because you refunded it which is perfectly logical. However completely banning and or deleting an account would be excessive and would result in entire refund of everything purchased.

This is wrong. Just because one of your OP characters got nerfed in a bundle with 4+ characters doesn't mean you can ask for a refund, especially if you're uninformed about nerfs and buffs. Even if you had 4+ characters that were OP and got nerfed doesn't mean you can get a refund let alone 1. Remember it was called the heroine bundle not the barriss bundle, we get it none of the other characters you got were even close to the opness of barriss which is why you guys are all having a hissy fit.

Trust me other apps have banned people for doing this, you broke the TOS which means you are not entitled to a complete refund. If this wasn't the case everyone would buy bundles and the second a slight change happens to one character they'd request a refund.

*sigh

If you make an in app purchase that was altered within 90 days of purchase and you're not satisfied with your purchase you may file a request for refund through Apple. I have no experience with Google but from what I've read, Google offers the same. It doesn't matter that the reason you're unsatisfied is because a portion of it was affected, the issue is that you're unsatisfied with your purchase. This is Apple policy.

My experience is as follows: I played another game where basically the same situation occurred. A character was sold at a premium, eclipsing the cost of the Barris pack. It was sold with certain stats, abilities, and synergy with other cards. The card was changed, nerfed and its synergy changed a little over two weeks from its initial offering. I, and many other players filed for a refund which was approved within minutes.

I can't speak to this game, but that was my experience in that game.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    [/quote]*sigh

If you make an in app purchase that was altered within 90 days of purchase and you're not satisfied with your purchase you may file a request for refund through Apple. I have no experience with Google but from what I've read, Google offers the same. It doesn't matter that the reason you're unsatisfied is because a portion of it was affected, the issue is that you're unsatisfied with your purchase. This is Apple policy.

My experience is as follows: I played another game where basically the same situation occurred. A character was sold at a premium, eclipsing the cost of the Barris pack. It was sold with certain stats, abilities, and synergy with other cards. The card was changed, nerfed and its synergy changed a little over two weeks from its initial offering. I, and many other players filed for a refund which was approved within minutes.

I can't speak to this game, but that was my experience in that game.
    [/quote]

@Open_Palm52 Okay, so everyone should by the new kylo ren bundle and ask for a refund due to not being happy with it. We figured out how to get free kylo ren guys! Also show me where apple said they'd refund people if they bought something in app with nerfs and buffs and one of their characters got altered. Do these players get to keep their purchase and get a refund?

If you want to get a refund im all for it, but you should lose your barriss and all of your other characters you purchased. It makes no sense that you get 4 free characters+shards due to a change in one character in a game that has nerfs and buffs.
  • I think I have discovered the reason why our friend ewok is so angry and bitter.
    Tis a sad tale: http://www.techinsider.io/endor-holocaust-star-wars-science-physics-2015-12
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I think I have discovered the reason why our friend ewok is so angry and bitter.
    Tis a sad tale: http://www.techinsider.io/endor-holocaust-star-wars-science-physics-2015-12

I dont mind if you guys get refunds but it makes 0 sense that you guys get keep what you purchased with the refund. You guys already reaped the benefits with the OP barriss, now you get your money back+keep those characters+free 500 shards? Is that a joke or what?
  • Ewok,

>in app purchase that was altered

Which part of "was altered" did you not understand? the pack you mentioned hasn't changed.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Ewok posting threats is bad :(

Please stop sir
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Ewok,

Which part of "was altered" did you not understand? the pack you mentioned hasn't changed.

There's a high probability that one of the characters will be altered within 90 days. Also link me to where the google app TOS says that, you guys are just making up your own rules, I guarantee you have NOTHING to back it up.
  • I dont mind if you guys get refunds...

You certainly seem to mind. A lot.
    I never asked for a refund.
    Oh, and sorry about your planet! How did you escape alive? It must have been your destiny, the Force ensured your survival so you could do forum-battle against the Dark Side of evil P2Wers!
  • Ewok,

There's a high probability that one of the characters will be altered within 90 days. Also link me to where the google app TOS says that, you guys are just making up your own rules, I guarantee you have NOTHING to back it up.

No one is arguing the fact of whether we get to keep the characters or not. If you read my post you would see that was not at all what I said, I in fact said the opposite. If EA wants the characters back after a refund that is completely understandable however they haven't taken any action against it. The customers are not the ones at fault here. There's no need to be uncivil about this, I hope you can come to a understanding and let the company handle it, instead of berating paying customers.
    I dont mind if you guys get refunds...

You certainly seem to mind. A lot.
    I never asked for a refund.
    Oh, and sorry about your planet! How did you escape alive? It must have been your destiny, the Force ensured your survival so you could do forum-battle against the Dark Side of evil P2Wers!

Way to take my post completely out of context. Like I said, I don't mind if people ask for a refund even after repeating the benefits if they lose all of their characters they purchased. It's absolutely ridiculous that you think it's okay for people to get 4+ free characters after repeating the benefits of the OP barriss, and 500 free shards due to changes let alone ONE nerf in a bundle of 4+.
    Ewok,

No one is arguing the fact of whether we get to keep the characters or not. If you read my post you would see that was not at all what I said, I in fact said the opposite. If EA wants the characters back after a refund that is completely understandable however they haven't taken any action against it. The customers are not the ones at fault here. There's no need to be uncivil about this, I hope you can come to a understanding and let the company handle it, instead of berating paying customers.
    That's not how it works though sadly, there's a high chance you will get banned. You can't work around EA like that, you broke the TOS by getting a refund, there's absolutely nothing in the TOS of google app services that says that you can get a refund if there's an alter or change in an app within the 90 days. You just made up your own rules, and you broke the TOS with EA by basically scamming them. There are tons of apps that have banned people for this.
  • It's absolutely ridiculous that you think it's okay for people to get 4+ free characters after repeating the benefits of the OP barriss, and 500 free shards due to changes let alone ONE nerf in a bundle of 4+.

I never said anything like that. You have no idea what I think, because apparently you never actually read my posts before you start flaming them.
    I consider what happens among the people who ask for refunds, EA, and Google/Apple, to be none of my business.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Ewok please stop your harassment or else people will have to flag it

You're threatening tone is really uncivil and unnecessary
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • ewok, the post is about experiences with refund process. It's not about what's positions regarding refunds. We know that clearly from your other 900 posts berating paying clients. ❤️
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ewok, the post is about experiences with refund process. It's not about what's positions regarding refunds. We know that clearly from your other 900 posts berating paying clients. ❤️
    Stop misinforming others with people's "experiences", it can result in them getting banned, and that would be your fault, and I'm not berating you guys, I'm just saying it's absolutely ridiculous that you think it's okay that you get 4+ free characters after repeating the benefits from an op character and to add to insult you get 500 free shards due to one change in a bundle of 4+.
  • I don't think you understand or actually read the posts. No one is saying we should get to keep the characters, IF EA wants to remove the stuff from the bundle from accounts that is completely understandable. The customer is not responsible for removing characters from their own account. This is the 3rd time I've said the same thing. I hope you actually read this and understand it.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    moddom wrote: »
    I don't think you understand or actually read the posts. No one is saying we should get to keep the characters, IF EA wants to remove the stuff from the bundle from accounts that is completely understandable. The customer is not responsible for removing characters from their own account. This is the 3rd time I've said the same thing. I hope you actually read this and understand it.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. Going around EA and getting a refund through google is breaking the TOS which means there's a chance you will get banned. Just becasue you make up your own rules doesn't mean that you're not at fault, and EA is responsible for removing these stuff. There's NOTHING in the google TOS that says that you you get a refund, so the only people that are responsible are those who broke the TOS by requesting for a refund.
  • I don't use google. I use Apple, and I absolutely get a refund in their tos.
  • Why bother starting any type of talk with this guy that got forum account banned once already for being foolish and abusive.
    I don't use google. I use Apple, and I absolutely get a refund in their tos.

okay, link me to where to this TOS, you keep yapping but you don't provide any proof. I've asked for this several times.
  • Vedd wrote: »
    Why bother starting any type of talk with this guy that got forum account banned once already for being foolish and abusive.

There isn't really a reason other than I'm bored and I like to educate people :)
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    At this point, the developers may give Barriss customers 10,000 Cr just to **** you off. I supported $425 into their table. You are just a drag to them, and us. Play free, enjoy. You mentioned people will get banned, and that people should not ask refunds. You made that clear. Stop bombarding the threads... Please
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    moddom wrote: »
    Vedd wrote: »
    Why bother starting any type of talk with this guy that got forum account banned once already for being foolish and abusive.

There isn't really a reason other than I'm bored and I like to educate people :)
    You might want to try to educate yourself first.
    You have 0 sources to back up anything you've said, you've made up your own rules, and you've encouraged others to risk getting banned or to scam EA. You sure have done a good job.
  • Vedd wrote: »

Never got banned, and the only reason my account is on a limited status is because you pay to win guys reported me.
    I think I have discovered the reason why our friend ewok is so angry and bitter.

I dont mind if you guys get refunds but it makes 0 sense that you guys get keep what you purchased with the refund. You guys already reaped the benefits with the OP barriss, now you get your money back+keep those characters+free 500 shards? Is that a joke or what?

Because we invested money leveling her bud. So if we give her back we are due our Crystal purchases then too on you logic. I'm on the fence here. I love the game but I bought only because of Barriss and on my first couple days here. I've dropped hundreds on Crystals to refresh and gear, her being one of my focal points. I'm undecided if I will go refund or not. I do know I will no longer buy any packs ever. Likely no Crystals because why level one fast who may get nerfed.
  • Ewok,

nope nothing at all

except you know the refund itself from google.....
This discussion has been closed.