Cost of paying

AV8er
11 posts Member
CG,

I appreciate your company needs to make money. I appreciate that you are a business running a free to play game. I appreciate the opportunity that you give us to play this wonderful game.

What I do not appreciate, is you guys literally robbing us with the insane cost of these packs. Right now, I could easily spend 450$ on these packs of gear you have available. It's not even gear you could use on 10 characters, its gear you could use one ONE character. 100$ on a gear pack you could use for one toon is just absurd, and uncomely for a company. You are asking players to basically spend EVERYTHING they earn towards this game. 100$ for ONE piece of gear for 174 toons is nearly $17500 for US Currency. NEARLY $20,000 DOLLARS. THAT IS MORE THAN A CAR LOAN ON AVERAGE.

One piece of gear, for nearly a car. The prices in this game are just outstanding. And you guys just think you can get away with it. This is not fair to the community for you to charge such outrageous prices for your gear and to have it make such little of an impact.

It's time your company compromises on quality of those packs. They are not as great of a value as you think they are. If it was 100$ for gear that would take 10 toons to g13, that would be so amazing. But for one toon? I'm not spending 20 grand, and I'm severely behind. These prices drive players who need to catch up, away from the game. It discourages new players when they see how expensive this game is or how they will forever be behind.

Compromise CG. Stop robbing your community.

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    The $100 pack is apparently a pretty good value, or so I'm told, and judging by all the full G13 squads I'm suddenly seeing in arena, they seem to have priced them to move.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AV8er
    11 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    The $100 pack is apparently a pretty good value, or so I'm told, and judging by all the full G13 squads I'm suddenly seeing in arena, they seem to have priced them to move.

The problem with the 100$ pack being a good deal is that 100$ is a lot of money. For 174 toons in the game, you're still spending nearly 20,000$ for one piece of gear for those toons.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Yet they are not forcing anyone to pay for them.

As long as there are still plenty of people buying those packs, I see no reason why they would lower their prices. Even if I wouldn't spend $100 on a few gear pieces.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    AV8er wrote: »

The problem with the 100$ pack being a good deal is that 100$ is a lot of money. For 174 toons in the game, you're still spending nearly 20,000$ for one piece of gear for those toons.

How is this a problem? They want to make money. People are buying it. They're making money.

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited July 2019

A Coke costs $2.00. If I bought just one a day for 50 people, it would cost $36,500 a year!!
    That’s almost a down payment on a house.
    See how numbers work?

1. You can only buy that pack once
    2. It includes the final piece of gear for 3 toons
    3. You aren’t meant to reach G13 with every toon in the game this way.

I actually agree that $100 is a lot of money for a mobile game. But others apparently don’t. It’s par for the course in this game anyway, and compared to other in game purchases it is a good deal.
    But skewing the numbers to make your point doesn’t help, it only costs you any credibility you may have had.
  • AV8er
    11 posts Member

How is this a problem? They want to make money. People are buying it. They're making money.

So you are just going to be okay with them charging these prices?

I've played this game for 3 years now, and I'm seeing how behind I am. I am completely fine spending money. My money, should be worth more than just one character. That's what my issue is.

Yes people are buying it, but I guaruntee unless they're filthy rich, they dont feel good for how little they're getting out of that pack.

I spend money. I have spent more than I should have, and the little amount of progress or impact it has made on my account is apparent. I'm asking for the amount of money I spend to get me farther than it has, and that is not an unreasonable request.
  • AV8er
    11 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

A Coke costs $2.00. If I bought just one a day for 50 people, it would cost $36,500 a year!!
    That’s almost a down payment on a house.
    See how numbers work?

1. You can only buy that pack once
    2. It includes the final piece of gear for 3 toons
    3. You aren’t meant to reach G13 with every toon in the game this way.

I actually agree that $100 is a lot of money for a mobile game. But others apparently don’t. It’s par for the course in this game anyway, and compared to other in game purchases it is a good deal.
    But skewing the numbers to make your point doesn’t help, it only costs you any credibility you may have had.

Yes no one is forcing people to spend money, but this is also coming from a perspective of someone who spends money on the game regularly.

I have no problem spending money on this game, I love it. This game has brought me quality content longer than any other game I've played. I just feel for how long I have played this game, and how much money i have spent, i should be more end game qualified than 23 g12 toons.

Yes I was not focused at first, but when I started spending money, and refining my gameplay, with the amount of money it costs to take a toon to g12, and then g13 on top of that, the amount some have spent should get more than a few toons to end game content.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Sure, why not? I'm not buying it so what do I care?

Frankly, whatever helps keep the lights on is fine with me.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member

I'm asking for the amount of money I spend to get me farther than it has, and that is not an unreasonable request.

It's not unreasonable. It is, however, unlikely to change anything, which is all people are trying to tell you.

CG has the data for how much is being spent. If not enough people were paying $100 they'd offer it at $80 or $50 instead. With the number of $100 packs they offer it's clear that they've determined this is the sweet spot for end game gear that allows them to balance current income from the $100 packs and gameplay in the way they want to.

I am sure that they know more people would buy it if they priced it at, say $25, and suspect they have done analysis that shows it's around, or even under, a 4x multiplier. Based on that it would seem that they have decided that the increase in supply would imbalance the game in a way they don't want. Just my speculation.

• AV8er
    11 posts Member

Exactly. You are not buying it. I am a player who spends money. Technically you have this right to not spend money, but if you dont then this thread is not for you. This is for players who have a habit of spending money on the game, and how far the money they do spend takes them.

Money spent does not take you far enough.
  • AV8er
    11 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

I'm asking for the amount of money I spend to get me farther than it has, and that is not an unreasonable request.

It's not unreasonable. It is, however, unlikely to change anything, which is all people are trying to tell you.

CG has the data for how much is being spent. If not enough people were paying $100 they'd offer it at $80 or $50 instead. With the number of $100 packs they offer it's clear that they've determined this is the sweet spot for end game gear that allows them to balance current income from the $100 packs and gameplay in the way they want to.

I am sure that they know more people would buy it if they priced it at, say $25, and suspect they have done analysis that shows it's around, or even under, a 4x multiplier. Based on that it would seem that they have decided that the increase in supply would imbalance the game in a way they don't want. Just my speculation.

I understand it will not likely change anything. I accept this fact. As a player and a spender then I have to do SOMETHING, if what I am doing is not making me happy. I recognize my request is futile, however if I did nothing and just complained I'd be a sour ****.

I still just find it absurd they dont decrease the price of old gear with the price of new gear. A stun gun 5 still costs 20$, despite this pack of 100$ for this g13 piece.

They dont ever change their prices like a company should.

For example, a new product release with GPU's, the super by NVidia. It's better, faster, and therefore the regular RTX series is becoming less expensive. You dont see that practice here and that's unfair to the community who spends money.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Exactly. You are not buying it. I am a player who spends money. Technically you have this right to not spend money, but if you dont then this thread is not for you. This is for players who have a habit of spending money on the game, and how far the money they do spend takes them.

I've spent money on the game. I decide if something is priced

1) Reasonably
    2) In my budget

If answer to both is no, I don't buy. Simple. It's not CG's fault that this one hits #2.

Even if I was f2p, it's obvious that people are buying it, so they disagree with you just as much as I do.
  • AV8er
    11 posts Member

I've spent money on the game. I decide if something is priced

1) Reasonably
    2) In my budget

If answer to both is no, I don't buy. Simple. It's not CG's fault that this one hits #2.

Even if I was f2p, it's obvious that people are buying it, so they disagree with you just as much as I do.

You have that view point and that is fine. I am comparing progress to multiple other mobile games and how much value money is there. Even mobile gamer and anhald have talked about the value of money in this game.

I'm not asking for a huge cut in prices, I'm asking for more reasonable amounts of gear in a pack listed for 100$.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Have you run an analysis on it? Calculate how many crystals you'd need to farm/buy it all and then compare that number to the crystals you get for buying a vault.
  • AV8er
    11 posts Member
    Have you run an analysis on it? Calculate how many crystals you'd need to farm/buy it all and then compare that number to the crystals you get for buying a vault.

I'll do this, give me a few days