How about we Add stun gun to Wed daily challenge?

Prev1
theres no reason for this part to still be a mega wall. it needs to be there or Guild token Store. or something more accessible and nobody uses anything from Wed Dailys anymore outside of the mats one
No. Just No.

Replies

• TVF
    36594 posts Member
    theres no reason for this part to still be a mega wall.

$
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Single hard nodes are probably making them just as much.
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    they make money on millions of other things now no reason for this to be behind wall anymore, stuncuffs arent.

If they're still making money off them, why stop that? Not defending them and would love to have more sources of mk 5 stun guns but if their data says people are still paying to upgrade their characters with these gear pieces, there's no reason for them to make it easier to get. We need to face it, they don't really care bout what f2p players say. They're trying to get all the money they can from the whales.
  • Hate to say it as a minnow, but I agree. Wherever you work, ask management and co-workers to take a pay cut. See what kind of response you get. Even uber rich people generally aren't willing. Some people are more philanthropic than others. It's the state of the world. Would anyone go to work tomorrow for less pay? I work in a field that costs patients a ton of cash, and it is sad. But that doesn't mean I can just charge less.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    they make money on millions of other things now no reason for this to be behind wall anymore, stuncuffs arent.

Every decision they make is a a money decision. I'm guessing they have a better feel for what makes more money than either of us do, especially given all the data they have that we don't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • All the GS12+ finishers are being sold and people are gobbling them up. They are using crystals for tins of refreshes on the node. I now see several folks with full “GS13” Arena teams in my shard.

Then there’s those of us who still have half or more of our roster waiting on stun guns. Many still pay for crystals and then buy the completed stun gun component or the completed piece. That’s still a money maker for them.

There is no benevolent catch up mechanic like in Blizzard. They claim you compete with your shard mates who joined around when you did, but there’s no actual way to gauge when the shard opened and closed and how much time passed from the first joiners who would be way ahead of anyone joining 3 months later if that’s how long it took to fill a shard to capacity. I don’t know the actual timeframes and this was just used for illustration.

The bottom line is Dinero, Muula, the great Cha-Ching, duckets, a couple pence, pieces o’ eight, digging in your wallet.
  • I have been wanting that for years.
  • I would love for them to add Stun Guns to a challenge but there's no way they will.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    A permanent slot in guild event store and shard store would help. At least I know if I have the currency it will be there for me
  • I'll take a perma spot in one or more shipment stores over challenges 8/7 days of the week
  • Be specific. They already give out stun guns. CG loves to play word games
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    I'd be happy with stun guns being added to challenges. I'd be happier with KyroTechs being added to challenges. If we're going to dream, may as well dream big.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I wonder how many thousands of dollars a month this would cost CG? Good luck.

they make more then enough money on everything else. maybe stop justifying their Greed?

Multi gear packs
    New char shards (brood alpha)
    g13 packs
    Ships packs (han solo BH ships)
    specific toon packs (Reven toons)
    g12 Gear packs
    Zeta/Omega bundles

I would love to see stun guns added to the daily challenge, but the argument that CG (or any other company/person) makes enough money already is not a good one. They make enough money already according to who? You? Regardless of how much they make, I don't want some random people arbitrarily deciding when it's "too much." The fact is that any amount of profit they earn is money which is freely given to them based on the choices of consumers. If you don't like their business practices, don't give them your money and don't support their product by playing the game. I think some of their decisions have been becoming a little less ftp friendly lately, but to say it's based on greed ignores the simple fact that this game exists solely to make money, not to entertain us for free.
  • I would love to do a study on whales that would examine their rationale for not taking a stand on some of these pay walls. CG has already bottlenecked so many things in this GAME that it takes fun out of most of the experience. If it wasn't Star Wars characters nobody would play this bug filled game.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    I would love to do a study on whales that would examine their rationale for not taking a stand on some of these pay walls. CG has already bottlenecked so many things in this GAME that it takes fun out of most of the experience. If it wasn't Star Wars characters nobody would play this bug filled game.

Whales in this game share the same aquatic features. Probably no real backbone to stand up. I'd be happy to tear into a few for supporting some of these fleesing decisions by CG on their customer base.

Maybe if it was meant for just adults and not kids, but the pricing you subject youth to is criminal.
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    If they're still making money off them, why stop that? Not defending them and would love to have more sources of mk 5 stun guns but if their data says people are still paying to upgrade their characters with these gear pieces, there's no reason for them to make it easier to get. We need to face it, they don't really care bout what f2p players say. They're trying to get all the money they can from the whales.

I would say because they need to find a happy equilibrium so that paying players don’t feel discouraged, but this game is already so predatory with its pricing and practices that all paying players have been addicts for a long time.

It doesn’t matter if they need to buy stun guns in addition to 5 other gear bottlenecks. $15, $150 - who cares when I get to see a shiny new character portrait with a bunch of colorful rings around it?
  • Stun guns, cuffs, carbantis (they are) should all be on the weekly challenges.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I wonder how many thousands of dollars a month this would cost CG? Good luck.

they make more then enough money on everything else. maybe stop justifying their Greed?

I'm sorry, but you obviously don't understand how business works. You don't make a decision that will make you $0. Ever. It's just not how it works. The entire point of a business (at least in this industry) is to make more money.

And if they're not going to make a decision that earns no profit, you can bet your britches they're definitely not going to make a decision that actually costs them profit. It's not greed, it's just good business. The goal isn't to make a bit more than you spend, it's to make as much as possible. They're going to squeeze every last ounce of profit out of this game that they can, not because they're greedy, but because they all want to make money, and feed their families, and maybe have some left over to put away for a rainy day.

The point is, what you're suggesting, while it would be nice for the consumers, would be a bad decision for the company. Unless you propose a way that this would also increase CG's profits (which would make it a win-win scenario), there's not even a point in wasting your breath. Throwing the word greed around won't help, especially since greed isn't the motivator. There's a big difference between greed and profit.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Hate to say it as a minnow, but I agree. Wherever you work, ask management and co-workers to take a pay cut. See what kind of response you get. Even uber rich people generally aren't willing. Some people are more philanthropic than others. It's the state of the world. Would anyone go to work tomorrow for less pay? I work in a field that costs patients a ton of cash, and it is sad. But that doesn't mean I can just charge less.

Actually you can, you just choose not too. Which is your right. But you absolutely can charge less

Actually you can, you just choose not too. Which is your right. But you absolutely can charge less

You are correct. On Monday, I'll ask all employees if they will take a paycut, so that we can charge less for our product. I'll get back to you with the results.