Change, rise or another thing for DROPRATE !

Ashrall
posts Member
edited June 2019
Guys you just joke with that. more than 50 try for 4 shards for a character, it's just a joke. Fix the drop it's unplayable like that. And I don't talk about speed on moduls...

This game begin to give me more stress than my work.... And it's create to entertain....
This game is rules by luck and who begin it earlier....

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The drop rate for shards is fixed, at about one in three on a fair die.

This is a relatively uncommon randomization model in video games because humans react badly to fair dice. They're swingy buggers. But long term, luck is a myth and it more or less balances out, within a reasonable margin of error.

4 in 50 shards is a bad run to be sure, but it's just that. A bad run. The drop rate is still one in three.

If you have doubts about the drop rate, track it long term. And well before you have a statistically relevant data set, you'll have maxed all the characters you were tracking.
    Still not a he.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    But I thought "Random" meant I always get one for each three attempts I just don't know on which attempt. That's right, isn't it? You're not telling me random means, I don't know, that with enough people simming enough missions enough times that someone, somewhere is always going to getting a string of bad luck! That's crazy talk.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    But I thought "Random" meant I always get one for each three attempts I just don't know on which attempt. That's right, isn't it? You're not telling me random means, I don't know, that with enough people simming enough missions enough times that someone, somewhere is always going to getting a string of bad luck! That's crazy talk.

Geez, I almost took that seriously for a second lmao
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

This is a relatively uncommon randomization model in video games because humans react badly to fair dice. They're swingy buggers. But long term, luck is a myth and it more or less balances out, within a reasonable margin of error.

4 in 50 shards is a bad run to be sure, but it's just that. A bad run. The drop rate is still one in three.

If you have doubts about the drop rate, track it long term. And well before you have a statistically relevant data set, you'll have maxed all the characters you were tracking.

Just as the zetas were fixed before they were nerfed. but you didn't know that, Mr know it all?!
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    Wait... This guy is mad because people who started earlier rule the game. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be?
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    I do find it funny though. I never see a thread about the days when people hit shards on 4/5 simulations.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    @Nasdadjr
    I do find it funny though. I never see a thread about the days when people hit shards on 4/5 simulations.

Exactly.
    Geez, I almost took that seriously for a second lmao

All scrutable jokes are all alike, but every inscrutable joke is inscrutable in its own way.

I.e. I aim to please.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    Wait... This guy is mad because people who started earlier rule the game. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be?

You compete with people at your same start date (arena) or same(ish) GP (GAC). There's no "older people rule the game."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    You compete with people at your same start date (arena) or same(ish) GP (GAC). There's no "older people rule the game."

Older people do rule the game for the simple fact that they as a group have more discretionary income than younger people! ;)
  • panzer
    48 posts Member
    There might be some bad streak, but if you're like me and have one lasting for 3 months, good luck then.
    I'm still way off the 30% or so drop rate for Juhani and Carth (finally done with other OR toons and ships for **** at an average of 19%).
    At this pace, I'll get Carth right when DR will show up next, and yes I'm using at least one refresh a day on his node.
  • @Panzer

That s u x, and I wish it wasn't happening to you.

I hope you understand that I can have a great deal of sympathy with folks going through such dry spells even while I think it's silly that some people can't seem to understand that "random" means you can't tell from your personal experience whether or not they've changed the drop rate.

The dry spell is yucky and worthy of sympathy. The inability to understand the word "random" isn't.

Best of luck going forward.
  • panzer
    48 posts Member
    I have given up on arena PO because without DR, it is nearly impossible to reach top 20 whales kingdom unless you're "lucky" with JKR (the two guys consistently reaching 1st with JKR are beating full DR/Malak g12+ and now some with g13. If you ask me, I think they are cheating most likely, but as they don't mess with other people PO, nobody seems to care... and that's another topic).
    If it wasn't for my guild mates, I would have quit already.
    The funny thing is when you try to reach up and claim your drop rate is insanely low though you have data supporting your claim, people call you a liar. Anyway, I'll get DR/Malak eventually when they won't be meta anymore, or I will be way behind the whales for gear by that time.
    The game itself is poorly managed and whoever are in charge just don't care about f2p (why would they anyway?).
    My progression is slow due to the lack of crystals, but the guild I'm in is doing its best and I want to help as much as I can for them to reach their goal.
  • @panzer
    My progression is slow due to the lack of crystals,

Mine was too, until I went all in on ships. I've been #1 almost every day for a while now (8 months, maybe?) and the difference in my ability to develop my toons is huge with the extra 400 crystals/day.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    panzer wrote: »
    The funny thing is when you try to reach up and claim your drop rate is insanely low though you have data supporting your claim, people call you a liar. Anyway, I'll get DR/Malak eventually when they won't be meta anymore, or I will be way behind the whales for gear by that time.
    What data? You've provided none.
    Still not a he.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    Also I don't think that people typically respond by denying data. I think people respond by denying that your personal experience and/or limited data justifies believing that the drop rate has changed.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

The rates change literally all the time.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

The rates change literally all the time.

What? When? How?
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    @jhbuchholz

I just ran a bunch of trials like this and it's true. I'd do one sim at a time and the drop rate changed wildly, from 0% to 100% and nothing in between.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    @jhbuchholz

I just ran a bunch of trials like this and it's true. I'd do one sim at a time and the drop rate changed wildly, from 0% to 100% and nothing in between.

That's good data. Now try simming light side normal nodes in batches of 20 and let us know what the shard drip rate is.

With enough data we'll prove that CG is turning the knobs!
  • Nasdadjr wrote: »

I hit 4/5 yesterday, it's happened often enough that I stopped screen shotting it.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.