What's up with mod slicing?

Since mod slicing became a big thing with powering up toons pre gear 13 I've been actively trying to slice my best mods on my most frequently used toons. However I've been noticing that the stats on any mods I've sliced barely increase by 1 point. I'm talking speed secondaries and other stats. I dont understand why that with all the trouble of farming the materials when I finally get the chance to 6 dot a mod it barely improves. It's gotten to a point where if the mods look good when leveled up I'm afraid to bother slice them knowing that it will all be for pretty much nothing beyond a lousy 1 point boost. I've had better luck when mod slicing was first introduced but it's like the process has become pointless

Replies

• When slicing, you will only receive a +1 speed boost on secondary speed and +2 on primary.

Most other stats increase significantly few exceptions including primary protection.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited July 2019
    axw6ximmeqkm.png

You will always get a +1 speed increase when slicing a mod when slicing a mod from 5A to 6E (3% increase)
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    evoluza wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    axw6ximmeqkm.png

You will always get a +1 speed increase when slicing a mod when slicing a mod from 5A to 6E (3% increase)

Not always, when we move forward, but yeah. Maybe op should slice 5dot mods to 5a

^ this. If you aren't happy with just getting the +1 speed secondaries from going from 5A to 6E, then I would advise just saving the materials. Just know that +1 speed could mean all the difference, and the other upgrades are huge for the most part when making that jump. But it is up to you to make that choice.

Edit: In addition, the huge boosts in % increases (offense, defense, health, and protection) are going to play a huge factor when you G13 the character as well. I've seen a couple of 110,000 health General Grievouses running around in my shard. Very scary.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Kilker
    31 posts Member
    If you are looking for speed bumps, focus on slicing 5dot mods up to gold. The benefit of going to 6e isn’t speed as much as it is the other stats and primary in most cases.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    axw6ximmeqkm.png

Not always, when we move forward, but yeah. Maybe op should slice 5dot mods to 5a

Not always?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Generally you upgrade a mod to 6* because it has a great speed secondary and a useful primary like health, offense, crit damage or defense. The secondary bumps are a bit of a bonus, but sometimes you can ignore the primary/speed if it has a really high secondary like offense% or defense%. Those are pretty situational though, like a mod with high defense% on a taunting tank or offense% on an attacker.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ok thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that there was a statistic sheet that showed the potential stat boosts for slicing mods. I havent sliced alot of mods enough to really notice the pattern of boosts but have seen some of my mods get really good boosts but sometimes I've come across a few stinkers that i feel could have gotten a little more than they did.