Current health of the game

Prev1
Aluxtu
420 posts Member
Where we at? I've lost 4 guild members and 3 allies with the release of the geo tb... am I part of an isolated group or are others bleeding too? Replacing these 4 million + gp accounts to tackle end game content is a little rough. Replacing the dolphins and the whale that we lost is even more difficult.

Replies

• Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    My guild lost one to retirement, and two are likely to leave to find a guild better prepared for Geo TB. This is not an isolated incident. However, remember that this exact same situation happened a year ago when the Sith Raid was released and people changed guilds to try to get Traya for arena. We bounced back from that back then, and we will do the same now.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • I liked the new TB, but I'm really concerned about so many players leaving too. We need more individual events contents urgently
  • This is what happens when new content comes. There is no in game for incentive to stay in a guild. That can only be done with relationships and trust. I commend those that will stay together to defeat a content no matter the time it takes.

With new content it’s better to be ahead of the curve. Merge with another guild to best geo Tbs. it’s a race for wat shards and every guild should be doing their best to achieve that. That means geo brood and other geos. Everyone should be farming them.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    I want to clarify, when hstr came out people jumped ship, and it **** but I was fine with it... what concerns me is that they aren't jumping ship for bigger and better, they're straight quitting the game.
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    I want to clarify, when hstr came out people jumped ship, and it **** but I was fine with it... what concerns me is that they aren't jumping ship for bigger and better, they're straight quitting the game.

People always quit. Spenders quit, and people that feel “too far to catch up” quit. This happens all the time too.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Too far to catch up is kinda funny. Everyone is in the same boat. Even f2p will catch up. No need to stress, just do what needs to be done.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Aluxtu wrote: »

People always quit. Spenders quit, and people that feel “too far to catch up” quit. This happens all the time too.

what is "catching up?"
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

what is "catching up?"

Lol it’s an illusion and a feeling. Swgoh is a mountain with no peak. It’s ever growing. There is no plateau to it. Once a player conquers that feeling it makes for a better overall experience in the game.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

what is "catching up?"

Lol it’s an illusion and a feeling. Swgoh is a mountain with no peak. It’s ever growing. There is no plateau to it. Once a player conquers that feeling it makes for a better overall experience in the game.

And when u're almost at the peak the mountain will be gone (i.e. game servers shut down due to end of life)
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Just get Brood Alpha in your guild and it will equalize the health of the game if someone leaves.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • With the insane amount of money they are certainly making from g13, i'm guessing the game is doing fine.
    Your alliance- not so much.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Just get Brood Alpha in your guild and it will equalize the health of the game if someone leaves.

I see what you did there
  • Gifafi wrote: »

what is "catching up?"

And when u're almost at the peak the mountain will be gone (i.e. game servers shut down due to end of life)

Hang around till the end. If there is an end to this game - because of decline there will be a massive push to keep players. Fire sales and good will. Get it.
  • We lost two in the last few days. One guy felt 'underappreciated' because our guild doesn't use the in-game chat much and he wasn't on Discord. The other guy gave no reason.

First losses we've had in months. Hard to say if it is related to TB or just burnout. Hopefully we can get some new blood in for next go round.
  • It’s the best time to recruit. For everyone though. So people are most likely looking at your peeps too.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    We had one player quit because it was too hard *insert eye roll, but Geo TB was hard for just about everyone, and we knew going in it would be hard, so I don't think it was too bad.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Great time to recruit, if you are not on the losing end. People who are struggling before are literally in poverty now. The people who were well before, are well off now.

It seemed like few and far between to recruit rosters with 160+ 7*. Now you just need to open it up for a day or two and you get one. Every time I see one from a low GP guild, I think to myself. Well, there is 1 less guild in this game now.
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Too far to catch up is kinda funny. Everyone is in the same boat. Even f2p will catch up. No need to stress, just do what needs to be done.

This is a delusion. F2p can only catch up of no new content comes out. Good luck catching anyone with the new toons and gear levels we constantly get
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    CosmicJ wrote: »

This is a delusion. F2p can only catch up of no new content comes out. Good luck catching anyone with the new toons and gear levels we constantly get

Who is it you're trying to catch up to? Ppl who outspend you? It's rediculous to think you would or should catch up.
  • OtrEbor
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    All guilds need to start working on this new Geonosis and stop blaming on those who have been planning it in advance.

It is difficult and end game content. Let’s work on it!
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    My guild is actually two guilds are having trouble finding spots for people currently. It's tough when new content comes people always want to find "stronger" guilds that will help them advance.
  • Monel wrote: »
    My guild is actually two guilds are having trouble finding spots for people currently. It's tough when new content comes people always want to find "stronger" guilds that will help them advance.

I mean the performance delta between my guild and literally the best guild in the game is about 10* in Geo TB, and it will only shrink over time (as it is much easier for us to gain stars than it is for them).

The guys who left my guild weren't hyper-competitive types who were gonna jump ship for marginally better TB rewards twice a month. I think they just got bored with the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

I mean the performance delta between my guild and literally the best guild in the game is about 10* in Geo TB, and it will only shrink over time (as it is much easier for us to gain stars than it is for them).

This right here is huge.

G13 is one of the easiest "new things" to get and the TB is a pure numbers game with the locked in platoons. Planning and building will have none top end guilds running this at a high level fairly quickly. The wall is at the top end, the last 8 stars are the slow creep. There is a big "learning curve" to get in, but 10-25 stars is just develop rinse and repeat, with probably some big jumps in there, as the platoons planning gets filled out.
  • Doing good, even gained a member. It waxes and wanes.
  • Can't speak for anyone other than myself but even tho I'm not fond of the new content I'm staying at least til I get my jedi luke haha That's my personal end game content and I've farmed everyone believed to be needed l, got em gear 12+, wnd working on them all to g13 as i type this.

Then and only then will I begin to think about quitting or, at the very least, decreasing my play time