Why so many people call Ahsoka - Ashoka ?

Elinad
179 posts Member
edited March 2016
At the beginning I thought this was a mistake, but seeing a lot of people doing it, I wonder if it's some kind of a troll I don't get ... ?
Post edited by Elinad on

Replies

• slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Thanks buddy for bringing this up. It bothers me a lot
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Ashoka was a very famous Indian monarch. You see the name pop up a little everywhere, for example an Indian restaurant near where I live. I bet that's why people confuse the names. They're extremely similar. At first I just thought that Ahsoka was Ashoka misspelled.
  • Sh3riff
    11 posts Member
    I guess no one watch SW CW or Rebels :)
    Its common problem with humans, they are too stupid ..
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    it is my auto correct I probably never noticed.
  • Maybe some users are dislexic? With "Visual confusions between similar looking letters"
  • ashoka being an actual person is probably autocorrecting. Phasma gets autocorrected to plasma all the time on the forums, as does Daka to data.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Just tried it.

iPad corrects "Ahsoka" to "Ashoka"
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Arillian wrote: »
    Just tried it.

iPad corrects "Ahsoka" to "Ashoka"

This. And I'm too lazy to fix it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Most people are used to typing "sh" not "hs" - just a thought.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Well, still dumb - that's simply not her name :neutral:
  • Wibble
    78 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Most people are used to typing "sh" not "hs" - just a thought.

This. Plus many of us have only watched the films. Took me starting to farm Dathcha before I could be bothered to work out how to spell the name...
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Personally, I find Ashoka much easier to say than Ah-Soka. I wish they'd just change it.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • It bothers me too.

Ydoa?
    Ankina?
    Wundi?
    Mlua?
    Bkins?
  • Rogue/rouge. Soldier/solider (this one made it into the description on one of the dark side missions). This sort of thing happens often.
  • iPad never auto corrects Jar Jar Binks....cause he is the boss.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Blame the auto correct. Same happens with Stormtrooper Ham and Quite gone Jim
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    CPMP wrote: »
    ... Stormtrooper Ham...
    He's probably in Angry Birds. :)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Rolf wrote: »
    Personally, I find Ashoka much easier to say than Ah-Soka. I wish they'd just change it.

Well, what's your name ? Oh you know what, forget it, it's too complicated so I'm just going to call you Mike.

latest?cb=20081015105606
  • Elinad wrote: »
    At the beginning I thought this was a mistake, but seeing a lot of people doing it, I wonder if it's some kind of a troll I don't get ... ?

Probably because of the same reason you typed 'so much' instead of 'so many'. It's either a mistake, laziness or lack of knowledge.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Elinad wrote: »

Probably because of the same reason you typed 'so much' instead of 'so many'. It's either a mistake, laziness or lack of knowledge.

HAHAHA i was just gonna type this out.

+1
    My Ally Code: 663-767-459

Only accepting requests above level 65

Daily player | Maximizing ally points | <200 Arena | Day 1 player
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ahsoka. I did it! Myth busted. I think my phone just learned to not correct it because I type her name a fair bit. Ashoka is pretty goofy looking, though, so I would always do my best to try and correct it either way.
    Post edited by Pure_Pazaak on
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Elinad wrote: »

Sorry guys, not english native, thanks a lot for the correction :#