When should I expect to have my first g13 piece as a f2p?

Prev13
I see people with multiple pieces, 3-4, I'm still not even close to 1 so my question is how long should a f2p expect to have to wait for one of those?

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Well I put on my 4th piece on the 4th....have 2 more farmed up so you are about 6 behind
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Tuesday
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    The answer depends on how many crystals you spend on energy & kyrotech pieces, plus how many g12+5 toons you already have. Also, whether you are willing to forgo all other farms requiring normal energy.

None of us can answer that for you.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I have 4 g13 , the free to play way
    When you hoard crystal earnings from arenas....it isn’t hard to buy the gear needed , or the energy refreshes needed

Save and hit the 50+50+50 daily
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Shocker. You're the one complaining. I've gotten two G13 the FTP way....

What's ur arena payouts looking like?
  • You should have been able to farm at least 1 by now. Since G13 came out I have farmed over 200 Kryotech pieces as F2P. Are you not at least doing the 50 crystal energy refreshes?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    When you hoard crystal earnings from arenas....it isn’t hard to buy the gear needed , or the energy refreshes needed

This pretty much

It is, however, very painful to use up a week's worth of crystals in one g12 finisher (2800 for kyrotech) in quick succession
  • This is why FTP should always have 100K crystals saved up.
  • I don't spend any crystals on G13 pieces, neither do I farm them. I will only get them from GEO TB and 2 new shops. That said, I need another week of GA and a GEO TB to get my 1st G13 piece, but I still finish top 10 in arena on a January 2017 Shard. I run JKR btw and can beat a G13 DR+Malak.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Can someone explain how it is possible to have multiple g13 toons at this point f2p. Some are claiming they have done 4 f2p.

Kryotech gear is farmable, no issues there. Nor do I have any doubt some of the other gear needed is possible. 50 injector heads, handles or cells are needed. From TB my guild achieved 16 stars and I must have won 15 injector handles, cause that is in my inventory. This gear 13 specific gear can be purchased, but I don't see how 100 such items could be purchased.
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Purchase them in new stores. If you took part in GAC you should be having some currency to spend on kyrotechs. I am halfway farming my 3rd g12 finisher f2p, and I admit I'm a bit behind schedule.. arenas are you friend to get crystals.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I see people with multiple pieces, 3-4, I'm still not even close to 1 so my question is how long should a f2p expect to have to wait for one of those?

Please explain how being f2p is the reason you don't have a few yourself already?
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Ignore my previous post. Dang things are farmable. Drop rate was decent too! 15 out of 40 sims.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    miketo wrote: »
    Can someone explain how it is possible to have multiple g13 toons at this point f2p. Some are claiming they have done 4 f2p.

Kryotech gear is farmable, no issues there. Nor do I have any doubt some of the other gear needed is possible. 50 injector heads, handles or cells are needed. From TB my guild achieved 16 stars and I must have won 15 injector handles, cause that is in my inventory. This gear 13 specific gear can be purchased, but I don't see how 100 such items could be purchased.

Saved up crystals. Kyros cost 1400 for a full one so you need 2800 crystals per g12 finisher. The finisher salvage can be farmed by normal energy so if you do 3x 50 crystal refreshs per day you can get one pretty "fast" (even faster if you decide to do the 2x 100 refreshs aswell). If I wouldn't have burned a lot of my crystal stack on farming and gearing the sep droids mostly from scratch (had ~30k crystals, now it's down to like 5k) and I would shut down my current farms (3x cantina refresh for Brute Alpha, 3x mod energy refresh for mod farming and 1x fleet energy refresh to farm ETA and B1 simultaneously with 1x node refresh on B1) I wouldn't be sitting on only 1 g13 so far (getting closer to the 2nd soon) but instead have like 4 of them. But obviously it needs solid arena payouts, preferably top 5 in both.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Save or buy crystals, refresh energy for farms, buy pieces in stores. I just farmed my first one after about a week of purposeful farming for it
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I got my first g13 before any packs were available for p2p, because I’d been farming the gear for ages before g13 was officially able to be farmed. We could see what was needed, and could farm the available stuff. Farmed the finisher in 2 days. As people say, depends where you’re at, and what your focus is, and what you’re willing to forego.
  • August.
    The answer is always August
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Shocker. You're the one complaining. I've gotten two G13 the FTP way....

What's ur arena payouts looking like?

My averages are #3 and #9 for the two arenas so I could have more if I played every payout.

Likely OP response: "Those are not F2P achievable ranks."
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Tomorow.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Then you are doing it wrong.

It's on a LS and a DS node. Choose the one you want and commit to farming it. Yes this may cost you a few refreshes, but it doesnt take much time. If you dont refresh, then it mat take a little longer, but I have 2 and am working on a 3rd with no $$ spent.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited July 2019

So true. I need to save my crystals. I have a bad habbit of spending my crystals right away.

OP, at least save 1500 a week to buy a rare g12+ piece from the weekly shipments.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    As a free to play, I got my second yesterday and my first a week ago.

I did this by saving up some kryotechs in advance- enough for my first finisher- then stripping down my standard energy farms down to just IG-2000 and Droideka. I spent 150 crystals a day, farmed finishers first then kryotechs, and spent what GAC I received on kryotechs.

I've picked some of my standard energy farms back up, so my next finisher will take longer. I expect my third by the end of the month and my fourth by mid August.

If you're not even close to your first finisher, then it's because you chose other priorities.
    Still not a he.
  • So the answer to my question is: "you should have saved kyros using crystals" and then people wonder why there is a disconnect in the community. The fact that we actually need to save 2800 crystals AND focus all our energy on a single node for a week just to get 1 of these pieces which puts us at right around 3 years just to gear the existing characters, not taking into account those who require kyros pre g13, which is all new characters and quite a few of the existing ones. Not to mention that 2800 crystals while doing 3 refreshes of energy a day which is another 1050 crystals so we're at 3805 already which is definitely.

People just refusing to admit the devs are pushing it too far...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    So the answer to my question is: "you should have saved kyros using crystals" and then people wonder why there is a disconnect in the community. The fact that we actually need to save 2800 crystals AND focus all our energy on a single node for a week just to get 1 of these pieces which puts us at right around 3 years just to gear the existing characters, not taking into account those who require kyros pre g13, which is all new characters and quite a few of the existing ones. Not to mention that 2800 crystals while doing 3 refreshes of energy a day which is another 1050 crystals so we're at 3805 already which is definitely.

People just refusing to admit the devs are pushing it too far...

Sounds like devs are just pushing YOU too far. Find a game you can handle.