Malak Event Ready Checkup

Hi mates!, i would like to know if im good on for the event or if i should push dark revan or even mission vao. Thanks for the help, i cant seem to find the malak event page so i will use DR one

this is my account https://swgoh.gg/p/886619953/characters/

its not updated, mission vao is g9 no zeta (and zaalbar still has no z) i have extra materials for 2 zetas and could make

t3-m4 and zalbar reach g12.5 if needed.

this are my teams

LS: zzzRevan g12 full zBastilla g12.5 zJolee g12.5 Zaalbar g12 T3-M4 g12

DS: zzzRevan g10.5 zCarth g11 Canderous g12 zBastillaF g11.5 HK g11.5

With that in mind, do you think im ready for the whole malak event ? If not, what do you think should be my next steps?

Replies

• LS Battle is difficult. Replace T3 with Mission as she and Zaalbar have a good synergy. Get her to g12 if possible or zeta of Mission is a good addition too.
  • You need 5 characters each for both revans all at 17500.
  • i already have all meeting 17500 except mission vao, (i have t3-m4 meet tho) ok ill just gear to g11 darth revan and focus on mission to try to get her to g12 before the event
  • It is a bit misleading, light side is EXTREMELY difficult, passing the 17,500+ requirement does not get you even close. What I would recommend is Revan at G12+ (at 27,000+ GP with mods), Bastilla G12+ (21,000+ with mods), Jolee G12+ (21,000+ with mods), Mission and BigZ at G12+ (20,000+ with mods).
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    It is a bit misleading, light side is EXTREMELY difficult, passing the 17,500+ requirement does not get you even close. What I would recommend is Revan at G12+ (at 27,000+ GP with mods), Bastilla G12+ (21,000+ with mods), Jolee G12+ (21,000+ with mods), Mission and BigZ at G12+ (20,000+ with mods).

It’s not quite that bad, I did it without too much trouble with the 3 Jedi at g12+ (no Zeta on Bastila) and zeta’d mission and Big Z at g10.

Arena mods on the Jedi and hand me downs on the scoundrels.

Dark side is definitely much easier, I did it with g8 d Revan (conqueror zeta, which was no help... Villain might have been better), g10 zCarth (which was also a no help zeta), g12+1 Juhani and Fallen Bastila, and g11 z47 (loyalty to the maker, which was of dubious, if any help...)

All had 2nd or 3rd rate “back line TW” mods.
  • Azgard
    15 posts Member
    I dont have the LS chars at G12+, however i have Zetas on the chars.
    Here is my lineup:

Jedi Knight Revan,G12(+3 pieces on the left side), 3 Zetas, 26,499 GP
    Bastilla Shan, G12(+2 pieces on the left side), 1 Zeta, 22182GP
    Mission, G11,5, 1 Zeta, 19020GP
    Zaalbar, G12, 1 Zeta, 19615
    Jolee, G12(+2 pieces on the left side) , 1 Zeta, 21949GP

Do I really have to G12 Mission, although I have all those Zetas applied?

• Azgard wrote: »
    I dont have the LS chars at G12+, however i have Zetas on the chars.
    Here is my lineup:

Jedi Knight Revan,G12(+3 pieces on the left side), 3 Zetas, 26,499 GP
    Bastilla Shan, G12(+2 pieces on the left side), 1 Zeta, 22182GP
    Mission, G11,5, 1 Zeta, 19020GP
    Zaalbar, G12, 1 Zeta, 19615
    Jolee, G12(+2 pieces on the left side) , 1 Zeta, 21949GP

Do I really have to G12 Mission, although I have all those Zetas applied?

You are good to go. Don't gear up unless required.
  • How important is having Bastilla at G12 for light side? Currently for Lightside I have
    Revan 3 zeta G12+5
    Jolee 1 zeta G12+4
    Bastilla no zeta G11+2
    Mission 1 zeta G11+1
    Zaalbar 1 zeta G11+4
  • How important is having Bastilla at G12 for light side? Currently for Lightside I have
    Revan 3 zeta G12+5
    Jolee 1 zeta G12+4
    Bastilla no zeta G11+2
    Mission 1 zeta G11+1
    Zaalbar 1 zeta G11+4

You should be good to go as well - the real driving force for an easy (if tedious win) is stacking Armor Shreds with Big Z until you are ready to commit to the attack, then Revan and Mission will do most of the heavy lifting for damage.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Malak Readiness Checklist:
    1. Are 5 of JKR, Bastila, Jolee, Mission, Zaalbar, T3 at or above 17,500 power?
    2. Are 5 of DR, BSF, HK, Canderous, Carth, Juhani at or above 17,500 power?

If you answered yes to both, you are ready. If you answered no to either, you are not.
  • up9ahsxevd3y.jpg
    Close
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    The difficulty also scales to your ability to understand kits and read situations. Most of my alliance struggled with unlocking DR and had all g11+ with arena mods. Yet our best players walked through it on minimal restarts with g7-10 and only +70 speed mods
  • Bouu wrote: »
    The difficulty also scales to your ability to understand kits and read situations. Most of my alliance struggled with unlocking DR and had all g11+ with arena mods. Yet our best players walked through it on minimal restarts with g7-10 and only +70 speed mods

This is intriguing, I always like to hear about situational. would you mind sharing some insight please? Inquiring minds and all that...
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Bouu wrote: »

At G7 they had the 17,500 GP min?
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Malak Readiness Checklist:
    1. Are 5 of JKR, Bastila, Jolee, Mission, Zaalbar, T3 at or above 17,500 power?
    2. Are 5 of DR, BSF, HK, Canderous, Carth, Juhani at or above 17,500 power?

If you answered yes to both, you are ready. If you answered no to either, you are not.

Those are the bare minimums to even try, and like so many of this game's 'recommendations', utterly worthless to judge if you are actually ready.

No. This is literally all you need to beat the event. If you can try it, you can beat it. It's not like Legendary events where if you go in under-geared it's RNG. They set these thresholds very specifically.
  • Bululu wrote: »
    Hi mates!, i would like to know if im good on for the event or if i should push dark revan or even mission vao. Thanks for the help, i cant seem to find the malak event page so i will use DR one

this is my account https://swgoh.gg/p/886619953/characters/

its not updated, mission vao is g9 no zeta (and zaalbar still has no z) i have extra materials for 2 zetas and could make

t3-m4 and zalbar reach g12.5 if needed.

this are my teams

LS: zzzRevan g12 full zBastilla g12.5 zJolee g12.5 Zaalbar g12 T3-M4 g12

DS: zzzRevan g10.5 zCarth g11 Canderous g12 zBastillaF g11.5 HK g11.5

With that in mind, do you think im ready for the whole malak event ? If not, what do you think should be my next steps?

You have plenty of time to get all chars to G12 until he returns in August.
  • I am hoping it's in July, I heard the 11th on another thread
  • I just managed G12, zetas on everyone, so I have a remote chance to do it if it comes 11th. If I get some more time, G13 should really make it a safe bet.

BigZ and Blue barely passed 17.6k each on G12, probably because their mods are still blue. However, I had higher hopes for them...
  • rummy9911 wrote: »
    I am hoping it's in July, I heard the 11th on another thread

August.
  • Old republic packs in store today, so maybe this weekend?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Old republic packs in store today, so maybe this weekend?

That's for the JKR event that is on now. They are there each time their event is on. Packs don't help anyone unlock Malak unless they already have DR and are trying to get JKR this week.

August.

Yeah if you look at how swogh help site trends, it lists the padame event first with panic calculator and then star forge with no calculator. So I agree, August most likely. Probably end of that month
  • Alohomora wrote: »
    LS Battle is difficult. Replace T3 with Mission as she and Zaalbar have a good synergy. Get her to g12 if possible or zeta of Mission is a good addition too.

I don't think you want Missions zeta, at least that is what I've read/seen.
    rummy9911 wrote: »

August.

Yeah if you look at how swogh help site trends, it lists the padame event first with panic calculator and then star forge with no calculator. So I agree, August most likely. Probably end of that month

I figured it wasn't worth panicking over, since Luke took 140 days to come back. I know, event isn't the same, but it does show that they will stretch a characters return over 90 days, by a lot.