Spider-Man, Spider-Man...

Nihion
3340 posts Member
edited July 2019
(NO SPOILERS)

I’m very aware that this is a Star Wars forum, but I haven’t seen Far From Home yet, and I want to know if it’s good. So...

Spider-Man, Spider-Man... 20 votes

Great!
60%
CaptainRexUltraRavenclawsWarGuy101Cyanide334IronicstanTherionNihionswgohfan1Tbirds01DrageeroDarthPorg3724 12 votes
Good
25%
Georgemi6Chucko_marekLordDirtKelarnDarth_DeVito 5 votes
Bad
10%
UnlimitedpowarEffAPublicEyeD 2 votes
I fell asleep
5%
jedikilla84 1 vote

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I prefer Spider Pig.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I prefer Spider Pig.

John Mulaney should voice every character in any movie for the rest of his life
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Great!
    I prefer Spider Pig.
    Lio wrote: »
    I prefer Spider Pig.

John Mulaney should voice every character in any movie for the rest of his life

I agree with all of this. But Tom Holland is a good Spider-Man.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I prefer Spider Pig.

I found Harry Plopper to be a more convincing performance.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Great!
    Update: I saw the movie, and it lives up to the hype. Thanks to all three of you that did the survey!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Good
    It was good but I have one major issue with it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Great!
    LordDirt wrote: »

... and that is?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Good
    Nihion wrote: »

... and that is?
    I hate that they made Mysterio a fake just like The Mandarin in Ironman 3. They ruined such great comic book villains.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Good
    I would have picked "great" if it wasn't for the paper-thin villain and his utterly implausible plan for... what exactly? World domination through media fame and public gratitude? I have no idea, and I think neither did the writers. But aside from that, I enjoyed the movie even more than Homecoming. The high school drama / romantic comedy parts were as hilarious and enjoyable as Ragnarok.
  • Good

... and that is?
    I hate that they made Mysterio a fake just like The Mandarin in Ironman 3. They ruined such great comic book villains.

Yeah, I think Marvel's characters generally work best on the big screen when they come straight from the comic book pages. Especially the villains. Loki and Thanos are two prime examples. Don't overexplain their abilities or technology or try to modernize them for the 21st century. Too much illumination kills the magic and mystery.

There are exceptions of course. The new-and-improved Vulture in Homecoming worked really well for me, but that was partially because the movie made me care about Toomes and gave him a believable motivation. Far From Home sadly failed to do the same.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Great!

... and that is?
    I get that, but he is the master of illusion after all! The way he succeeded in the comics was the fact that they didn’t often reveal his secrets.
  • Good

... and that is?
    But wasn't the master of illusions all he was? Perhaps he didn't wear the tech, but he still used tech driven illusions to deceive the world.