Mirror Matches Suck

Osoterp
16 posts Member
I am so tired of hearing about some mythical "rock, paper, scissors" **** the developers are trying to create. They haven't done it when they've had the chance and guess what: they're not going to. So get rid of this thing. There's no joy in winning, there's definitely no joy in losing or coming to a draw. I'd rather hit a sim button at this point! It's frustrating most of the time. Either give us something with real skill involved or make it a complete RNG dumb button.

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    What's your solution?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Osoterp
    16 posts Member
    At this point it's difficult to do anything but abolish it. The problem being that this game is designed to vacuum cash from the players, so they can have a "meta squad" but really is just a mirror to everyone else that paid the same or more. So it's just a battle of wallets.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    First, you can't just "abolish" it. You have to have a way to make arena work with several different squads (which it actually does - maybe not on your shard but if you are creative or do research there are many squads that can take top spots).

Second, it's not really a battle of wallets atm, as every meta toon is available ftp at this point. Both revans, malak, padme....all can and have been obtained without spending a dollar. Droids can also do well, be it JTR, GG, or 88 lead.

Personally I run padme. Before that JTR droids... you know how many mirror matches I face? Basically none.
  • Osoterp
    16 posts Member
    Everything EVENTUALLY becomes ftp. And you do pay if you want to gear and zeta and mod your team right. It's a rather pollyannaish take you have. Which is fine, I get your loyalty to the game. And don't get me wrong, I'm not leaving the game either. I'm also no longer spending any money on it. I like the characters and the SW universe, though some of the characters are not as strong or as good as they should be, it's still fun to go back to the original spirit of the game and mix different characters from different eras. Just not so much in Squad Arena, because the meta is designed to dominate, lest the whales get angry.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Osoterp wrote: »
    Everything EVENTUALLY becomes ftp. And you do pay if you want to gear and zeta and mod your team right. It's a rather pollyannaish take you have. Which is fine, I get your loyalty to the game. And don't get me wrong, I'm not leaving the game either. I'm also no longer spending any money on it. I like the characters and the SW universe, though some of the characters are not as strong or as good as they should be, it's still fun to go back to the original spirit of the game and mix different characters from different eras. Just not so much in Squad Arena, because the meta is designed to dominate, lest the whales get angry.

I gave you plenty of ftp options. Take them, or don't. And yes everything eventually becomes ftp, including all the teams you are complaining about in arena, so I'm not sure what your excuse is for not having them at this point, or any of the alternatives I pointed out.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    I will say I agree that the game has failed to produce a rock, paper, scissors arena. There are F2P counters for Darth Revan available, but DR is still the clear cut best team. There is no diversity there. The only team I’ve seen DR struggle with on offense is the RNGfest of the Grievous Suicide Squad, and that team is so laughable on defense against every other topish tier squad that it falls like a rock if left on D.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I will say I agree that the game has failed to produce a rock, paper, scissors arena. There are F2P counters for Darth Revan available, but DR is still the clear cut best team. There is no diversity there. The only team I’ve seen DR struggle with on offense is the RNGfest of the Grievous Suicide Squad, and that team is so laughable on defense against every other topish tier squad that it falls like a rock if left on D.

I agree, currently the arena is a bit stale, but it has gone up and down in that area. OP makes it sound like mirror matches are the only option, and that's just simply not true.