Kit Reveal: Geonosian Brood Alpha

124Next

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    So he's farmable now in cantina, any idea when we might see what gear he needs (ie, how muxh kyrotech)? swgoh gg doesn't have brood alpha listed yet
    Zero kyrotech needed according to McMole

Still waiting to see his gear requirements on swgoh. Should be on there soon

Its up.
    He needs 100 kyrotech shockprod for G12 finisher.
    Yeah all toons need minimum 100 kyrotech but none is needed up to g12
  • This is all of opinion of course, but which of Brood Alpha's Zetas does everyone think is more important and should unlocked first? Clearly both are ideal, but which one you do think first? I have my Alpha at 7 star almost G11 now and I have a zeta ready to go, but I'm just not sure which 1 is worth it. The Brute can't be used in raids so that definitely takes away from the unique zeta and the leader just seems ok. Since Alpha can cleanse the bluffs off all enemies, it kind of takes away from the zeta leader usefulness since it's dependent on enemies being buffed. Or maybe just waiting for a Genosian rework first is a safer bet...?
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Unique definitely IMO.
  • I zeta'd the lead 1st
  • Unique definitely IMO.

Agree. I zetad the unique...waiting to see if there are any other leader changes with reworks before investing in the lead (looking at you, Poggle). Getting Brute on the table with pre-taunt plus the extra mass assist, without having to use Conscription, seems super useful for everything but raids.
  • @Bulldog1205 @Killbot5000 @Firebrigade

Thanks for the input! Unique definently makes sense if poggle or sun fac get any leaders in a rework. I was considering the leader, but with the possibility of the reworks and with the alpha dispelling buffs on all enemies I'm not sure if it would be worth it in the long run.
  • So I Zetad the unique and it is definitely well worth it. I also looked further into the leader and honestly I think it may be one of the worst Zeta-Leader abilities in the game. It gives all Genosian allies + 10% damage to basic attacks per buffed enemy and yet Sunfac and Brood Alpha both dispel all buffs on basic attacks. Alpha can also dispel buffs on all enemies with it's first special ability. So when you factor in Hive Mind which makes it so all allies assist when another uses an ability it's safe to say most enemies will be without buffs a majority of the fight. Which pretty much negates the increased damage per buff from the leader.That is unless I'm misreading something here.
  • I think both of those clear the buffs after damage, so you’d still benefit from the increased damage on most attacks... But yeah, still pretty lackluster
  • JerryHello wrote: »
    So I Zetad the unique and it is definitely well worth it. I also looked further into the leader and honestly I think it may be one of the worst Zeta-Leader abilities in the game. It gives all Genosian allies + 10% damage to basic attacks per buffed enemy and yet Sunfac and Brood Alpha both dispel all buffs on basic attacks. Alpha can also dispel buffs on all enemies with it's first special ability. So when you factor in Hive Mind which makes it so all allies assist when another uses an ability it's safe to say most enemies will be without buffs a majority of the fight. Which pretty much negates the increased damage per buff from the leader.That is unless I'm misreading something here.

Remember that some buffs can’t be dispelled, so the leadership will benefit in those situations, and also you can manage “when” you cleanse buffs off an opponent so that you can maximize damage with the leadership as well.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    JerryHello wrote: »
    So I Zetad the unique and it is definitely well worth it. I also looked further into the leader and honestly I think it may be one of the worst Zeta-Leader abilities in the game. It gives all Genosian allies + 10% damage to basic attacks per buffed enemy and yet Sunfac and Brood Alpha both dispel all buffs on basic attacks. Alpha can also dispel buffs on all enemies with it's first special ability. So when you factor in Hive Mind which makes it so all allies assist when another uses an ability it's safe to say most enemies will be without buffs a majority of the fight. Which pretty much negates the increased damage per buff from the leader.That is unless I'm misreading something here.

And to be sure, does it require extra slot to appear? So I need 4-man team for this zeta?

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

And to be sure, does it require extra slot to appear? So I need 4-man team for this zeta?

It uses the "ally" slot - the one where your borrowed character goes on the LS/DS/Cantina tables. You don't need to 4-man.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

It uses the "ally" slot - the one where your borrowed character goes on the LS/DS/Cantina tables. You don't need to 4-man.

Ah! Thank you! :) it is much better then
  • Jarvind wrote: »

whoa whoa whoa! Are you saying you get a 6 man team? I was thinking you get it when 1 of the Genosians fall
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Jarvind wrote: »

whoa whoa whoa! Are you saying you get a 6 man team?
    Yes
  • Digital_Delusion
    28 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    And a great possibility to underdog in GAC. I'll set my 6tier geonosian team to defense to see how good it is.
  • Has there been any explanation of how the "equalizing" works with Hive-Mind? Understanding how that works seems like it would greatly affect your mod choices.
  • Really more of a mod question, but will stacking % health mods calculate before or after GBA's +15000 health?
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Considering how easily Jawas can beat Geos, they obviously should be saved for offense in TW and GA. But what teams do they do well against? Do they hard counter anything in particular?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Pretty sure I just came up with the ultimate defensive team. Geo brood alpha lead with zeta nute gunray
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I just came up with the ultimate defensive team. Geo brood alpha lead with zeta nute gunray

Which geo do you leave out of your lineup?