BB8? R2?

Not sure of the relevance.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    : CARBONITE PROJECTOR
    This can only mean one thing... Carbonite han is coming
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • So he’s not meant to be used in an old Republic squad but a droid one... grievous rework coming?

I’m actually hoping with all the Kotor hype they rework HK47 first. He’s the OG Old Republic toon in this game.
  • Kinda ridiculous that it’s android only for near term and that the devs don’t even put an announcement on official forums , instead reddit users post it... communication is amazing as always
  • Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Cal00054 wrote: »
    When can apple customers play this event

"Later"

"Later" is the new "soon."

hey at least this time when we say “August” we’ll probably be right.
  • WHEN is the Marquee coming anyone know?

A shame he is only worth it if he has both Zetas. With them droids get a big boost, but too many other Zeta prioritizes for me to consider him for quite some time, he'll sit at 3*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    WHEN is the Marquee coming anyone know?

Just keep watching reddit...apparently.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • To those saying he has no place in raids... that 100% defense penetration shared squad wide (especially if you don’t have JTR and can afford to pair it with BB8’s Illuminated Destiny) is going to be crushingly good with droids against Sion in the Sith Triumverate Raid (just think of how much damage 88 will do!). For newer players it will probably also perform extremely well against the AAT turrets as well, allowing much faster topples (you get the defense pen against a toppled opponent anyways, so it is kind of moot there), again, pair it with the first turn TM boost from BB8 and there should be no problems toppling the tank before it ever gets a shot off.

Not every new character can be aimed at us old timers. This will be yet another character that helps make heroic STR more accessible to the ‘Everyman’ guild down the road, once the exclusitivity of Traya has worn off.
    Very solidly designed character in my opinion, I like him (and I had high standards for him to live up too, T3 was a staple of my KOTOR squads when it came to having amazing fire support).
  • another toon that im not excited about, will sit at 3* lvl 1 for the next 6 months at least.
    keep release unknown weird toons instead of Jedi Luke, Snoke, Revan....
    also, missed opportunity for whales to actually spend money on it. the 100% defense penetration would be cool for HSTR, with the 50% heal+50% prot and offense up on IG-88, but the rest of it is just total miss.
    this toon will obviously be useless for high-arena, will probably be useless for raids, and no one need it for TW or TB. why we getting it ? just so no brainers will spend money on it ? thats pretty sad.

You know revan and called t3 a "unknown weird toon"? You must not paying attention on kotor or not playing it...
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Does the 4-6 week timer to chromium start when Android gets T3, or when iOS gets T3?
    Still not a he.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Does the 4-6 week timer to chromium start when Android gets T3, or when iOS gets T3?

If they did it at 4 weeks after iOS, it would fit the candence for both iOS and Android nicely. The only guarantee is that whichever way they end up doing it someone will end up complaining.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    another toon that im not excited about, will sit at 3* lvl 1 for the next 6 months at least.
    keep release unknown weird toons instead of Jedi Luke, Snoke, Revan....
    also, missed opportunity for whales to actually spend money on it. the 100% defense penetration would be cool for HSTR, with the 50% heal+50% prot and offense up on IG-88, but the rest of it is just total miss.
    this toon will obviously be useless for high-arena, will probably be useless for raids, and no one need it for TW or TB. why we getting it ? just so no brainers will spend money on it ? thats pretty sad.

You know revan and called t3 a "unknown weird toon"? You must not paying attention on kotor or not playing it...

is there someone who doesnt know revan ? even if you dont play Kotor (and i didnt) you will hear about him very often and hes easily a favorite guy by many.
    Revan i know and from what i heard/read/watched on internet, i really want him in the game.
    this weird droid i dont know and i couldnt care less.
    you cant really compare this droid to Jedi hero and a very strong sith master. absolutely cant.
  • Fox?
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I've been playing around with T3 and absolutely love what he brings to a droid team. I've got IG-88 zeta'd, Bb-8 double zeta'd and R2's number crunch zeta'd. With those three, and an HK lead I've been laying waste to NS teams. T3 is still a 3*, but the other four are 7*, however, only Bb-8 is G12. Once I get them all maxed out, including T3's two zetas, they will be a beast.

They will always go first because of Bb-8. Stealthing IG-88, T3 and HK with R2 before they go will allow them to hit their AoE's and the following basic without worrying about counterattacks. If I have T3 going first then he will debuff any taunters and then everyone can wail away on the weakest opponent. Finally, T3's Combat Upgrade zeta causes everyone's crit damage to increase by 8% for each debuff on the enemy. IG-88's special inflicts 3 buffs (ability block, defense down and target lock), HK's inflicts 5 buffs (ability block, speed down, offense down, defense down and Dot) T3's inflicts 2 buffs (crit chance down and offense down) and R2's 1 buff (burning). That's 9 different types of buffs that could possibly be inflicted and, if you time it right, they will have the chance to be applied after T3 removes any defensive buffs so that takes care of any tenacity up.

Building up Bb-8's speed and defenses will be key, as he will be the one not stealthed by R2. Attacking him should be a frustrating endeavor for the enemy. Either they miss and the whole droid team gets health and protection back or they connect and he counters along with R2 which means two more possible debuffs (tenacity down and stun). So far, Thrawn has been the most problematic opponent because he can fracture Bb-8 and then that's pretty much the game. CLS and RTJ are similar with their specials. I imagine Traya would be the same but I have yet to try them against her in arena. If they can be neutralized with ability block or stun then the team has a good chance of winning.

Speaking of Bb-8, his ID counter drops very quickly because of the specials + critical hits being landed.

I plan on building up L3-37 to see if she might work better with that team. I'd probably remove HK and have IG-88 be the lead. That way, everyone is inflicting DoTs when they attack which will increase crit damage. My big concern with including an actual tank is that bb-8 taunts (I regret applying that omega) so I'm not sure how useful L3-37 (or chopper or K2) would be for absorbing damage. Her auto-revive zeta might be worth it though.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    L3 is an amazing tank, heals for a huge amount, cleanses, and is hyper-fast because of her unique. A rex is but a bonus. She is worth levelling.

In glad to hear T3 is good. I haven't tried him yet.
  • Roksteady wrote: »
    I've been playing around with T3 and absolutely love what he brings to a droid team. I've got IG-88 zeta'd, Bb-8 double zeta'd and R2's number crunch zeta'd. With those three, and an HK lead I've been laying waste to NS teams. T3 is still a 3*, but the other four are 7*, however, only Bb-8 is G12. Once I get them all maxed out, including T3's two zetas, they will be a beast.

They will always go first because of Bb-8. Stealthing IG-88, T3 and HK with R2 before they go will allow them to hit their AoE's and the following basic without worrying about counterattacks. If I have T3 going first then he will debuff any taunters and then everyone can wail away on the weakest opponent. Finally, T3's Combat Upgrade zeta causes everyone's crit damage to increase by 8% for each debuff on the enemy. IG-88's special inflicts 3 buffs (ability block, defense down and target lock), HK's inflicts 5 buffs (ability block, speed down, offense down, defense down and Dot) T3's inflicts 2 buffs (crit chance down and offense down) and R2's 1 buff (burning). That's 9 different types of buffs that could possibly be inflicted and, if you time it right, they will have the chance to be applied after T3 removes any defensive buffs so that takes care of any tenacity up.

Building up Bb-8's speed and defenses will be key, as he will be the one not stealthed by R2. Attacking him should be a frustrating endeavor for the enemy. Either they miss and the whole droid team gets health and protection back or they connect and he counters along with R2 which means two more possible debuffs (tenacity down and stun). So far, Thrawn has been the most problematic opponent because he can fracture Bb-8 and then that's pretty much the game. CLS and RTJ are similar with their specials. I imagine Traya would be the same but I have yet to try them against her in arena. If they can be neutralized with ability block or stun then the team has a good chance of winning.

Speaking of Bb-8, his ID counter drops very quickly because of the specials + critical hits being landed.

I plan on building up L3-37 to see if she might work better with that team. I'd probably remove HK and have IG-88 be the lead. That way, everyone is inflicting DoTs when they attack which will increase crit damage. My big concern with including an actual tank is that bb-8 taunts (I regret applying that omega) so I'm not sure how useful L3-37 (or chopper or K2) would be for absorbing damage. Her auto-revive zeta might be worth it though.

L3 will also constantly cleanse IG88, since they are both scoundrels.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I just started a 2nd account on my laptop using an android service (bluestacks) and this droid seems pretty awesome. My other chars are super low level and worthless and T3 was able to beat the entire event for me while going quick enough to allow me to get 3 *s

Also playing on a laptop is awesome.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Didn’t read, but when for iOS?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ok, but... when for iOS??
  • Ezg27
    7 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb what is the deal with the master gearhead zeta? He has 0 def pen til G12 which makes it completely usesless and makes everyone feel ripped off
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    @Ezg27 don't look at the initial defense penetration stat. Look at Armor Penetration and Resistance Penetration. Those are the stats that are affected.

Even the G12 piece that increases it specifically states "+50 Resistance Penetration"
  • Ezg27
    7 posts Member
    Ah okay well they might want to write that in there
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Considering this has been inactive since last year I'm going to close it off.
This discussion has been closed.