Current health of the game

2Next

Replies

• Austin9370 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just a reflection of your guild?

GACs, Geo TB, G13, new stores.....there is a lot to do and I'm enjoying the game more than I have in a long time.

While I love the idea of new content, we definitely didn't need ANOTHER form of currency in this game. Guild event shop is first to have two currencies, which is ridiculous. Credits, crystals, cantina, arena, gw, gat, getx2, shard

And we also have lost some. Only one so far but participation is lower. When participation is down, gear collection, raid/event building, and overall progress for the guild is down. Not to mention morale. This game we all love is slowly turning into a chore.
    I understand a need to make money and churn content for people to have an advantage - that is the whole business - but this business also thrives on the F2P playerbase.

CG needs to proceed with a lot of caution from here, and I mean that as a concerned fan.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    I feel that game is dying for me. It maybe okay for those who pay for everything. I feel i have to leave my guild to be more competitive, to keep up the arena and fleet battles to get your daily crystals i am forced to invest large amounts of money - and even then they bring new up things u have to purchase to keep it up w others. Im kind of tired of this game. I like the characters, but i feel i can't even enjoy those. Loosing the point of playing this game.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    You are drowned in stuff that is hard to do, hard to come by, tedious to do that you are so numb you don‘t feel any accomplishment anymore.

And close to no real dialog between CG and the players. Only more stuff that devalues old stuff (currencies) and nothing to give you a good feeling.

You are not incentivized to spend money to feel better. You are incentivized to spend money to feel less bad.
    Post edited by Nurgle on
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • I've seen 4 of the top guys on my fleet arena stop playing recently even after getting malak. I was in 195m GP guild that disbanded because 10 of our heavy hitters jumped the gun chasing a few extra stars in Geo TB. But EA are still making lots of money from the game with the introduction of gear 13 and people now spending money gearing up a faction that has been dormant for a couple of years so I'd say the game is in healthy enough state and it's just a case of long term players getting fed up of constantly chasing their tail or who have just become bored of the game.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    I think the legacy phones are also causing a large issue. Im playing on an older galaxy and I can no longer reliably open the app. Cant get in for midday bonus, have trouble opening the app for raids, and it crashes mid energy burn or when i open the stores. Then you know more trouble opening after crash. So thats probably me retiring here soon.

Pokemon wants me to spend upwards of 400 usd for their new games. CG expects me to buy a new phone to play their game. And then I crack open my binders of magic cards from the 90s and think to myself "maybe physical collections are the way to go". All i ever had to do to play the newest magic was crack some packs, and they are way cheaper and sometimes have a return 🤔
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Definitely not isolated. We have had 4 or 5 retire in the past couple months. Large accts. Old accts. About half due to the commitment required now and the other half because of the crappy mirror meta that’s been happening for too long.
  • Not having the same experience here. My guild is by no means 'tip of the spear' but Geo TB and GAC have brought a ton of excitement. We've not lost anyone and neither has the squad or fleet arena shard I'm part of.
  • Eutus wrote: »
    I think the legacy phones are also causing a large issue. Im playing on an older galaxy and I can no longer reliably open the app.

The mods usually close any post made about this. I use an Iphone on the go and an android tablet at home.
    The tablet has never crashed. In the last 8 months or so the phone has reliably crashed if I try to do a tank run or less often if I face Home One in fleet. I spoke with EA help about it and despite the very helpful agent nothing was resolved with the phone. More to come I am sure, off to work!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • vilos122
    13 posts Member
    My guild has lost 3 people since the new TB. 1, our previous guild leader was fed up after all of the Old Republic content. He loves clone wars but was too burnt out to care now. We lost 1 for unknown reasons, and 1 more due to wanting to move on to other things. Most of our guild is F2P or dolphins at most.

Myself I have been in a bit of a rut. The new TB is exciting, but as others have said in posts that the battles are a bit long.

I am hopeful for the future of this game, but I have written off spending until CG calms down on the huge paywalls so we will see how that goes.
  • Trending towards the negative IMHO

Geonosis TB is a good challenge for long time players.
    Grand Arena Championships was a missed opportunity.
    Almost a full year of a prescriptive squad arena meta (Traya > The JKR 5 > The DR 5) is a bore.
    Almost six full months of a prescriptive fleet arena meta is also a bore.
    Randomness in obtaining quality speed secondaries has an outsized impact on ability to compete.
    Developer apathy towards closing TM loops in premier raids encourages bad behavior.

• Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Ever since JKR released there has been constant grumbling in my guild. As the diversity fled arena, the grumbling turned into anger/frustration, and finally into retirements. Not people leaving my guild, people leaving the game entirely.

The first to go was a whale who had been with me since I started playing. Was sad to see him go.
    The second had also been with me since near the beginning, but was ftp.
    Then there was a third, fourth, fifth, etc. All leaving the game, not moving to another guild. Both whales and ftp were leaving, so it wasn't unique to one or the other.

We've had four leave in the last five weeks alone! Though two of them were recent joins and I'm not sure if they left the game or simply moved guilds. Being down four members is unprecedented for our guild! Before JKR, we NEVER lost members. We removed some, but never had one leave of their own accord.

So I'd say the state of the game is very poor. CG killed the diversity of the meta, which killed the various PvP modes. GAC is nice, but I'd be a lot more excited for it if we had the diversity of meta we had before JKR released.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    I am super hyped with recently unlocking DR, the new TB and super super hyped for GAC. Gear 13 adds a new grind, but am excited for that too.

My concern is that there hasn't been much to do in game lately.

I have stopped simming GW and am using the geonosian squad under brood alpha. That squad definitely has potential. Yes, excited about that too.

Suggestion to people having negative experiences right now. Forget about arena. Now, take this advice with a grain of salt. I think the best I have ever done is finish 30th. However, instead of trying to crack top 50 I just crack top 100. The loss of 50 crystals is worth the lessened aggravation.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    They need a new raid. They can add all the new gear walls they want, but without content for guilds to work towards the game is stale.

Content for guilds to work towards... perhaps content that would unlock a new character? And provide currency to unlock a new capital ship? Hmmm... where might that content exist outside of raids... 🤔
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    Vectorman wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just a reflection of your guild?

GACs, Geo TB, G13, new stores.....there is a lot to do and I'm enjoying the game more than I have in a long time.

While I love the idea of new content, we definitely didn't need ANOTHER form of currency in this game. Guild event shop is first to have two currencies, which is ridiculous. Credits, crystals, cantina, arena, gw, gat, getx2, shard

And we also have lost some. Only one so far but participation is lower. When participation is down, gear collection, raid/event building, and overall progress for the guild is down. Not to mention morale. This game we all love is slowly turning into a chore.
    I understand a need to make money and churn content for people to have an advantage - that is the whole business - but this business also thrives on the F2P playerbase.

CG needs to proceed with a lot of caution from here, and I mean that as a concerned fan.

Believe it or not, i say this with little to no emotion, just how I see it.

Geonosis was great, in concept. Our guild was right on the edge of being eligible for it. I'll say the complaints mentioned above have been mentioned. Specifically people hate how long the meta has dragged on. Personally, i've been around 20ish months and right now, in my shard between 400 and 100, it's about 90% revan teams with the overwhelming majority JKR. Does make for a boring PVP aspect i'll agree.

However, we were right edge. Two top members were poached for a regional guild, which, if they fit that region makes sense. That just opened the gates for others to quit, which they are doing. We've gone from being on the edge of Geonosis and HSTR, to not really close, as in 1M away to 18M. Factor in Geonosis and yeah, it's great for the larger guilds i'm sure, but those in our situation have little hope of getting there anytime soon. In the meantime, we fall behind in shards because the others get to move on. We can't save or lvl 2 guild tokens, because we get none. It leaves a bitter taste of a handout to a segment and it's just going to push us farther back. If we can't progress, it becomes, 'why am i doing this?'. The answer was originally because it was fun. Well, when you lose the hope segment because those around you have access to more due to being in larger guilds, the answer becomes something else. You start thinking 'maybe it's time'.

Factor in, as well, that over the last few months, if you're F2P, you've lost other things as well. HM's down from 8 to 5 (this IS NOT a discussion over what it used to be or that it was minutely referenced as temporary once), nearly all events that were 2 days were cut back to one, Credit Height being cut back was a big one, etc. Again, it's not a complaint, it's a statement of what happened. Factor all that in, then toss in that it was done to benefit whales and those already easily eligible for Geonosis and HSTR and the resulting feeling is, they don't care about anyone not in that group.

Forget credit heist, but the way things went for me, personally, under the 8 HM's made me enjoy things a lot more. I felt i was finally progressing at a decent rate. Just this morning, though, you get the **** of things like an ofer on Juhanni, Carth, and Canderous. I get it happening on one, but all three is a special kind of kick in the balls, you know? it's the type of thing that makes you think, why am i doing this again?

You want to keep people around? They want to see progress. They want to feel like they're getting somewhere. In all honesty, i don't feel like i'm making lots of progress the last couple months to be honest. Between trying get ready for dark revan, whoever came up with the gearing for ewoks was a special kind of evil. That's just brutal.

I get wanting to keep whales spending, but there's not game without the rest of the members either. The game dies just as much without them as without any whales and i don't get the impression anyone cares about any player not forking out a paycheck a month.

Simple take, keep it fun and moving for everyone. Right now, it's not moving that way.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    It's definitely an interesting time to say the least... but its not all bad. My guild merged and our power grew 30 mil, yes we lost some members and even a good buddy (who got me in the guild) didn't make it. It ****, but i was able to get my alt account in a 140 gp guild that is merging anf growing, and brought some friends along too. Before I had one good acct in a good guild. Now that one is in a great guild and my Alt and friends are in a spectacular guild that is willing to basically carry me to relevance. Just gotta swallow the pill and make the most out of it.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    You realize GAC isn't even implemented yet, right? They had a single exhibition round for testing purposes.

They will then have another 5 weeks of the content prior to the official start.
    Just my opinion, but I know enough to strongly suspect they have no idea what they're doing with the relationship between matchmaking and ranked competitive play. They've also demonstrated they do not have the ability to communicate fundamentally important changes like "how many squads you need to place".

Maybe the pieces of the "single exhibition round" that I found disheartening are changed, but between a lack of communication and history of execution issues - I'm not optimistic.
    Arena has always had a meta since inception. It will never change. The best team will always be copied.

Agree to an extent, but the single team prescription has been far more pronounced since people started 7 starring Traya. I'm thinking back to right around the EP rework when there were three or four legitimate teams in arena. Then it became Traya -> JKR -> DR. Certainly other teams could climb, but needed to overcome kit with exceptional and smart modding and were going to fall precipitously.
    Speed is a 3.5yr old topic that's not going to change. Farm more mods to increase your probability of top end mods. Regardless, you'll have better mods to spread throughout your collection.

Not really my point, but true. The more mods you farm and splice, the more likely you are to have better mods. I was more talking about the randomness in obtaining 20+ mods. Why do some accounts have 30 15+ mods, 6 20+ and 4 25+ mods while others will have 75 15+, 10 20+ and 0 25+ (numbers clearly made up, but the ratio of 10/15/20/25 is wildly inconsistent across accounts)?

The more lottery tickets you buy, the more likely you are to win the lottery - but you're still very unlikely to win the lottery. That said, you're in a much different position than those that do win the lottery, regardless of how many tickets they bought.