Seeking advice for how to utilize FO in GA

I am a low GP player, 630k with all FO G10+ and 7*. That being said most of my power lies in my first order teams and I use them as my front line defence. But with only 8 characters I need tips on good ways to split them up, and characters to throw in to the mix. Any info will be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Worth mentioning that up until this point I have run
    1)Phasma, FOO, FOTP, Kylo, FOST (this team has roughly 72k power)
    2) ZKRU, FOX, FOSF, Rex(like 6* G7), Assaj (7* G9) (about 66k power)

My purpose for this is that I hope my opponent doesn't know enough and is scared by full FO synergy into attacking the second team which also shows less power, but ZKRU with FOX and FOSF alone are quite the team to overcome dispite looking easy. (Assuming my opponent kept their best team on defense) last time I did this team 2 got 4 defenses and they did not even try to attack team 1

Sorry if this is too much info, just sharing my train of thought so anyone can help me tweak it
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I can't offer much on this, but kudos to you for asking advice beforehand, instead of just complaining after.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Btw, if you post your swgoh.gg account, someone might take a look and offer help. If you dont have one, you should! Good luck.
  • Naver666
    292 posts Member
    I Think way back then i used the kylos under palpatine...can't remember how effective that was and is probably not compareable to what you face nowadays.
    Some used them with barriss too
  • Byre67496 wrote: »
    Worth mentioning that up until this point I have run

My purpose for this is that I hope my opponent doesn't know enough and is scared by full FO synergy into attacking the second team which also shows less power, but ZKRU with FOX and FOSF alone are quite the team to overcome dispite looking easy. (Assuming my opponent kept their best team on defense) last time I did this team 2 got 4 defenses and they did not even try to attack team 1

Sorry if this is too much info, just sharing my train of thought so anyone can help me tweak it

Hey,

A slight bit of background on me, I have done a ton of testing with first order, use them for nearly everything. Depending on your situation I would try to reserve first order for offense. They hit insanely hard compared to most groups, you can usually run 4 instead of 5 or several 2 person squads if it's 3v3. The goal is to get FO-X as fast as you can. Get your SF-TFP and FO-TFP up there as well. Either use a speed set on your fox or use health. You want to focus on health, speed, offense, crit chance secondaries, health +, crit damage triangle, speed arrow. Circle can be either health or protection, depends on your testing. Here is my .gg if you want to review my FO squad.

https://swgoh.gg/p/965316931/

Ok, so.... I'd recommend.

Offense: zKRU, FO SFTFP, FO-X, FO-TFP (4vs5 squad or add FOO)
    Defense: Phasma lead, FOST, etc.

Phasma has a universal lead, so you want to use her with the non-FO squad because her bonus still applies to them. She stacks advantage, but FO-TFP, SFTFP, FO-X, KRU generally gain advantage regularly. The goal is to feed FO-X and get him to hit as many times as possible. You want to force him to assist with SFTFP, use FO-TFP to stun or delay the other squad, and use kru to stun the biggest threat and/or remove taunt. Use your Fox to keep taking huge chunks of damage and you'll be fine. You'll get a nice boost to your banners, have a very nice, offensive squad to use when you need a strong attack.

Feel free to ask me anything.

-nabokov
  • The best First Order Team is composed of KRU, Kylo, FOO, FOX, FOST.

Get FOO as fast as possible, he should be the the first to go. Give turnmeter to Kylo with "Marching Orders", then use "Lashout" with Kylo. KRU, FOX and FOST should now be at 100% turnmeter or ideally close to 100%.
    I prefer KRU going and using "Halt", afterwards FOX, where you can chose, depending on the situation, to either use the basic or the special. (I usually use the special ability to remove buffs and/or turnmeter, but it can be beneficial to save it for 1 turn, you'll get the hang on that.) Either way, both give turnmeter to the rest of the team on a critical hit.
    Lastly use FOST's taunting ability which again grants the whole team turnmeter. FOO and Kylo will go again fast, with "Pinning Shot" giving more turnmeter to your team (under the condition it removed an enemy's turnmeter) and in the best case Kylo has reset his cooldowns and can use "Lashout" again.

So the ideal starting turnorder would be: FOO->Kylo->KRU->FOX->FOST

This specific turnorder requires some careful modding but then it gives the in my opinion best results.

Phasma and the pilots can go with other characters to go up against weaker teams or to finish an enemy team off.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    The best First Order Team is composed of KRU, Kylo, FOO, FOX, FOST.

I highly disagree. That is the most common team, definitely isn't the best. SFTFP feeds turns to FO-X, TFP deals a ton of damage. Officer is necessary and the 5th is always going to be Old Kylo or FOO. That team you mentioned is so easy to kill, everyone walks through them every GA and TW. It has 3 tanks, 1 support, 1 damage dealer. The balance on the team isn't there to be able to actually sustain and counter. You're essentially hoping for a timeout where your Regen keeps you from losing, It won't. Bring something that can actually do some damage, mod em right, and you'll know when you use em which is the "best".

From my last TW. Imagine if I had my 5th geared, leveled up.

yxl51bqo4fi2.jpg
  • nabokovfan wrote: »

I highly disagree. That is the most common team, definitely isn't the best. SFTFP feeds turns to FO-X, TFP deals a ton of damage. Officer is necessary and the 5th is always going to be Old Kylo or FOO. That team you mentioned is so easy to kill, everyone walks through them every GA and TW. It has 3 tanks, 1 support, 1 damage dealer. The balance on the team isn't there to be able to actually sustain and counter. You're essentially hoping for a timeout where your Regen keeps you from losing, It won't. Bring something that can actually do some damage, mod em right, and you'll know when you use em which is the "best".

yxl51bqo4fi2.jpg

Ok fair point, I thought OP asked for a offensive team.
    Still this team holds the best results for me on offense.

But then again this team when placed on defense in TW once held for 23 battles and two TWs ago for 15.

• I also use First Order in Grand Arena. Here's some tips that have helped me.

1. The team ... zKRU, FOO, FOX, FOST, Thrawn.

With this team, I usually make short work of Bastila lead Jedi, Nightsisters, Rebels, Phoenix, and many other teams. It also frees up the rest of my FO to be used as a backline defense team under Phasma lead.

2. Tactics ... Crowd Control and Turn Meter Removal.

With this team, use KRU and Thrawn to control key enemies, such as Bastila, Jolee, taunters, and the like. Use FOX and FOO to remove turn meter. Use KRU, FOX, and Thrawn to remove enemy buffs. Use FOO and Thrawn to speed up your team. KRU and FOST will be your taunters.

3. Heavy Hitters ... KRU, and FOX

These two are going to be your biggest damage dealers, especially FOX. Thrawn can do good damage also.

With this team, I have taken on a wide variety of teams. The only ones that I have problems with are Treya, Grevious, Revan, and Darth Revan.
  • Here is what you do. Smack yourself for getting kylo. Then restart your game and focus on a cooler group.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    nabokovfan wrote: »

yxl51bqo4fi2.jpg

The same team used to take down the most common FO team will take this team down only faster and have more protection and health left at the end.

OP, I almost don’t want to give advice since you’re still developing. Right now, for me FO is a C team at best. We use it as cleanup most times. I have thrown it on defense in GA the last few times and kicked myself last time because I had the perfect situation to use it but couldn’t because it was on defense. I had to cleanup a drevan team without drevan and SiT. Other teams, at this point, are better suited than FO for defense and offense.

That being said, I would love to suggest to work on those other teams. However, using my crystal ball I’m willing to bet more FO toons will be coming out towards the end of the year, start of next year. Maybe even some Knights of Ren. The landscape for FO could change by the time you get whatever you work on between now and then. Choose a path and stick to it. If you choose to go with FO I can offer some modding advice. (Lord knows the other guy needs it as well)

Either way, at your level FO is a good team to have if you know where and when to use them. I wish I could tell you that but I’m not at your level.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    Byre67496 wrote: »
    Worth mentioning that up until this point I have run

Hey,

A slight bit of background on me, I have done a ton of testing with first order, use them for nearly everything. Depending on your situation I would try to reserve first order for offense. They hit insanely hard compared to most groups, you can usually run 4 instead of 5 or several 2 person squads if it's 3v3. The goal is to get FO-X as fast as you can. Get your SF-TFP and FO-TFP up there as well. Either use a speed set on your fox or use health. You want to focus on health, speed, offense, crit chance secondaries, health +, crit damage triangle, speed arrow. Circle can be either health or protection, depends on your testing. Here is my .gg if you want to review my FO squad.

https://swgoh.gg/p/965316931/

Ok, so.... I'd recommend.

Offense: zKRU, FO SFTFP, FO-X, FO-TFP (4vs5 squad or add FOO)
    Defense: Phasma lead, FOST, etc.

Phasma has a universal lead, so you want to use her with the non-FO squad because her bonus still applies to them. She stacks advantage, but FO-TFP, SFTFP, FO-X, KRU generally gain advantage regularly. The goal is to feed FO-X and get him to hit as many times as possible. You want to force him to assist with SFTFP, use FO-TFP to stun or delay the other squad, and use kru to stun the biggest threat and/or remove taunt. Use your Fox to keep taking huge chunks of damage and you'll be fine. You'll get a nice boost to your banners, have a very nice, offensive squad to use when you need a strong attack.

Feel free to ask me anything.

-nabokov

Never thought of using phasma lead for the filler toons but I will have to try, I found your information very helpful so thank you very much
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    I Think way back then i used the kylos under palpatine...

I'm a bit of a fan of Pal, Vader, Thrawn and both Kylos :)

But then I'm crxp at this game lol.

• nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    sying wrote: »
    The same team used to take down the most common FO team will take this team down only faster and have more protection and health left at the end.

If you choose to go with FO I can offer some modding advice. (Lord knows the other guy needs it as well)

I really think you need to understand why I have them modded the way I do, instead of assuming I don't know how to mod. I have my FO squad modified to be able to hit hard, 25-35K basics. I have them modded to be split up, for 3v3 combat, and be able to take out almost anything in a 4v5 format. I don't use them for defense, because of how strong they can be on offense. They definitely aren't a third tier team. Do some more testing, try out what I've suggested, then let me know. Put up your .GG, let me see what you have and how you have them modded.

Very often people gloss over characters because of what others say, because of what is on youtube, popular ranking sheets. Grand Arena forces you to use what you have. I have used what I have and maxed it out. It isn't anything to scoff at, I guarantee you.... I can take out squads you'd be surprised at with my FO. I don't have a test account to be able to verify and reliably verify, statistically with what I've witnessed in battles. It's experience, and experience is definitely subjective. Looking forward to seeing how the final Zeta and adding FOO changes my squad.
  • Took out a Darth Revan squad in GA today, they had 240 speed BSF, my FO is around 200.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    sying wrote: »

If you choose to go with FO I can offer some modding advice. (Lord knows the other guy needs it as well)

I really think you need to understand why I have them modded the way I do, instead of assuming I don't know how to mod. I have my FO squad modified to be able to hit hard, 25-35K basics. I have them modded to be split up, for 3v3 combat, and be able to take out almost anything in a 4v5 format. I don't use them for defense, because of how strong they can be on offense. They definitely aren't a third tier team. Do some more testing, try out what I've suggested, then let me know. Put up your .GG, let me see what you have and how you have them modded.

Very often people gloss over characters because of what others say, because of what is on youtube, popular ranking sheets. Grand Arena forces you to use what you have. I have used what I have and maxed it out. It isn't anything to scoff at, I guarantee you.... I can take out squads you'd be surprised at with my FO. I don't have a test account to be able to verify and reliably verify, statistically with what I've witnessed in battles. It's experience, and experience is definitely subjective. Looking forward to seeing how the final Zeta and adding FOO changes my squad.

I’m sorry. I guess since you posted a photo of them on defense I assumed you use them on defense.

Silly me.

I’m telling you, at a higher level they aren’t used as much. Yes, they win some matches. We use other teams that win the same matches but more consistently. We don’t put them on defense because everyone knows how to beat them.

Google is your friend if you want to see how mine are modded. I’m not hard to find.
  • My advice is to pick a different squad
  • thedrjojo
    952 posts Member
    Took out a Darth Revan squad in GA today, they had 240 speed BSF, my FO is around 200.

So you found a slow bsf...
  • Phasma lead gives a 20% chance to call an assist to FO and 10% all else.

KRU gives 25 speed and 25% crit damage, 15% TM on crit to a team that has crit up 90% of the time.

I don't know what kind of crazy **** data you have that shows Phasma is better on offense than KRU, but I there would never be a day that I believe a 20% chance to call a random assist is better than 25 speed 25% CD and 15% TM on almost every hit of the team.

I call bulle sheet.
  • Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    edited July 2019

Original Poster, as to your original question, how best to split them up.... well, you obviously have your two leaders in KRU and Phasma. Honestly, you can’t really go totally wrong with any five FO under KRU, so experiment in GW and have some fun. Of those two leaders, Phasma has a better universal lead for Frankenstein teams, and I’ve played extensively through Galactic War with fun teams under Phasma. I don’t know who you have geared and leveled, but here are some ideas (assuming 3 FO under Phasma + 2 more)

Ewok Scout and Ewok Elder are great under Phasma. EE gains turn meter on Basic attack and grants TM to other allies on basic, and ES removes TM on basic attack. Those are powerful mechanics that really add up when assists are frequently called, plus EE heals and cleanses your team and ES actually hits pretty hard.

Geo Soldier and Sun Fac work great under Phasma. Geo Soldier gains 50% TM on basic when he crits (tons of advantage under Phasma), and Sun Fac taunts, counter attacks, and dispels on his basic. Again, powerful mechanics on basics that add up when they’re called to assist. Also, GS has his own assist special attack, just adding to the carnage.

Old Daka and Asajj Ventress work well together under Phasma. Both these characters stun on their basic attack, and you can VERY quickly stunlock and opposing team. Daka has revive and heal, and AV dispels as well.

I hope this helps. Here’s a photo of my KRU, I take some pride in my FO teams. I’m currently running KRU, FOST, Zylo, FOX, FOTP as a defensive team in TW/GA and using Phasma, sfFOTP, FOO, Geo Sol, Sun Fac as an offense team with lots of luck.

o5o9kxfpr7a3.png

2u12015bvulx.png

qag4e1gct4jd.png

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    My two teams:

zzKRU, zKylo, FOX, FOO, zFOST for defence depending on rosters. Still have my original arena mods on them.

Phasma, FOTP, Wampa, TFP + Tank for Offense in TW/GA versus Rebels. Still haven't settled on the best tank that isn't used elsewhere yet.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Has anyone zeta FO tie pilot? Thoughts? Anyone think it's great? Anyone regret it?

I've stocked up about 50 zetas and I'm unsure who to zeta next. Thinking about doing his just to improve my FO team. But I'm not sure it sounds very zeta worthy.
  • I forget all the time what KRU lead is but I know Phasma's. I am always shocked to here how Phasma's zeta lead is trash. A 60% chance for a FO to call assist seems like a huge damage increase as opposed to 20%. Then that assist gets advantage I think. I would think a really fast zPhasma FOO FOSFTP FOFTP FOX would be the best offensive PvP team, mod completely for CD and speed because they are all going to have advantage.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    And FO can't be critically hit while they have advantage under zPhasma.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Teague wrote: »
    Has anyone zeta FO tie pilot? Thoughts? Anyone think it's great? Anyone regret it?

I've stocked up about 50 zetas and I'm unsure who to zeta next. Thinking about doing his just to improve my FO team. But I'm not sure it sounds very zeta worthy.

I have it and it is not a bad zeta in itself. The problem is that FOTP is replaced by FOE in a FO squad so he is not used as much. Same with zphasma, it’s a great lead, it’s just that Krum’s is better (and also that phasma doesn’t bring anything to an FO squad apart from her lead while Krum is a good toon as well as leader).

I use zKrum (L), FOE, FOO, zFOST and zKylo and think it works very well. I usually use it against the OR squads and it is basically an auto win.