This meta is so bad that it takes all the fun out of the game

I can't stress this enough but metas that revolve around speed are just plain annoying. One extra point of speed on a certain character can basically decide the battle before it even started.

The problem is you feel helpless and don't know what to do because adding gear doesn't solve the issue when your issue is mods. Even more so when you've farmed an endless amount of mods and every time you upgrade speed doesn't go up. You spend crystals, farm more mods, get nothing, then you must wait another 24 hours for the refreshes to reset and go again, meanwhile day after day you lose battles because you're one speed slower than the opponent and day after day you can't get a mod to match theirs.

Replies

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Usefully, this doesn't mention any characters so can be reposted every 6 months

• In all honesty the speed things is a little overdone. Speed speed and more speed isn't tactics or finding varieties of combinations to set your team of toons apart from everyone else. I really enjoy how they made droideka more hard hitting and valuable by being slower. It's a great attempt at subverting the speed meta. Sometimes I wish they'd just put a cap on how fast toons can get just to make people figure intriguing combos buy then I have tooms faster than some others and it helps me with PvP and get conflicted. But just having an advantage isn't really fun either.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    was there any fun left for you to begin with?
    fwiw, you don't need the best mods to win in arena.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sure there was fun in the beginning but it's kinda stale now. PvP is important for things like crystals. I do ok in arena. Consistently in the top 50. But the most fun parts are PvE, for me at least and that might be against what the majority feels of course. Geo territory while difficult has been the best thing to happen IMHO in quite a while.
  • There’s an in-game achievement for starting 100 complaint threads. Baldy is chasing his 3rd reward with his 3rd username!

The problem is he’s trying to fight fire with fire. There are ways round the speed meta, like using GMY to get tenacity up, but it sounds like he’s just trying mirror matches when he’s outmodded.

But, since he’ll never post his swgoh.gg account, we can’t offer advice on how to counter the meta.
  • leef wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    There’s an in-game achievement for starting 100 complaint threads. Baldy is chasing his 3rd reward with his 3rd username!

The problem is he’s trying to fight fire with fire. There are ways round the speed meta, like using GMY to get tenacity up, but it sounds like he’s just trying mirror matches when he’s outmodded.

But, since he’ll never post his swgoh.gg account, we can’t offer advice on how to counter the meta.

Seeing his swgoh.gg account would be amazing!

I'm the most hated person in this forum you think I'll reveal my account? When the game shuts down I will

I think you're one of the more entertaining posters on this forum. Annoying at times? sure, but that doesn't make me hate you at all.
    I'm also relatively sure i know your ingame name, which kinda makes your posts even funnier since you're not doing bad at all. One could even argue that you're doing pretty good, well above average that's for sure.

I've said it before in my posts I'm consistently getting top in HSTR so I guess I'm doing good by most people's standards, even tho I think the rewards are trash and I never get the pieces I actually need. I have not said my in game name to anyone so idk how you know it but out of curiosity you can PM it to me
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Let's stop it with calling out other users here please.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »

Are you an actual EA employee or did you just put that in your name? I'm curious what your opinion is on this topic
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »

Are you an actual EA employee or did you just put that in your name? I'm curious what your opinion is on this topic

If you check a person's profile it tells you their role under the username. Rtas is a forum mod (for a few forums), not a developer for this game.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    GR actually benefits from being slower than opposing DR/Malak teams. Something to consider.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • There's good and bad to it. For the most part, players that spend more energy farming mods have better mods. But, the top end unicorns that define arena success appear whenever and don't necessarily correlate to the level of effort spent on mods. I'm sure you've all seen examples of people with multiple 25+ mods but relatively few 20+s compared to the opposite. I understand and share OP's sentiment towards it. After finally getting one of those mods you need, not having to swap mods during your climb feels luxurious.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'm bummed that I got tagged (twice!) and I can't read the posts.

Anyway, this meta is great. JKR mirrors took forever, you had to make sure you made no mistakes, and try doing that while sneaking in 10 battles at work. DR mirrors take 1-2 minutes and I can even work while doing it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Usefully, this doesn't mention any characters so can be reposted every 6 months

Lol you already forgot the jkr meta?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    There’s an in-game achievement for starting 100 complaint threads. Baldy is chasing his 3rd reward with his 3rd username!

I'm the most hated person in this forum you think I'll reveal my account? When the game shuts down I will

I think you're one of the more entertaining posters on this forum. Annoying at times? sure, but that doesn't make me hate you at all.
    I'm also relatively sure i know your ingame name, which kinda makes your posts even funnier since you're not doing bad at all. One could even argue that you're doing pretty good, well above average that's for sure.

I've said it before in my posts I'm consistently getting top in HSTR so I guess I'm doing good by most people's standards, even tho I think the rewards are trash and I never get the pieces I actually need. I have not said my in game name to anyone so idk how you know it but out of curiosity you can PM it to me

I mean if you did post it, people could help you out.

Also I’ll ask one more time, what do you like about this game?
  • Nihion wrote: »

The only thing that can help people out in this meta is RNG and getting high speed mods which is not up to the player by any means. This is why this meta is just bad, mods rule everything and mods are RNG so RNG rules everything. It's just a mess and day after day not getting better mods is a punch to the gut.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

A valiant effort, but all for naught.
  • TVF wrote: »

Idk why you all care so much about the answer.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    It's only natural to wonder why someone who seems to hate the game keeps playing it, and to wonder if there's parts of the game that the person legitimately enjoys in order to balance it out.

TBF you are far from the only person here who is either unwilling or unable to answer the question. And of course it's your right to hate the game and still keep playing. It's not our place to say it isn't. It's just kinda odd. I have to assume there's stuff you enjoy. Do you like your guild? Do you like TW? It's just curiosity that keeps us asking the question.
  • It's just a mess and day after day not getting better mods is a punch to the gut.

Well he must enjoy getting punched in the gut because he says he keeps farming mods when he knows it will be a wasted effort /shrug?

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

The only thing that can help people out in this meta is RNG and getting high speed mods which is not up to the player by any means. This is why this meta is just bad, mods rule everything and mods are RNG so RNG rules everything.

The funny thing about RNG is that the more mods you farm and slice, the higher chance of having better mods you have.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

The only thing that can help people out in this meta is RNG and getting high speed mods which is not up to the player by any means. This is why this meta is just bad, mods rule everything and mods are RNG so RNG rules everything.

The funny thing about RNG is that the more mods you farm and slice, the higher chance of having better mods you have.

The more lotto tickets you buy the better your odds too.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

What a poor comparison.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

What a poor comparison.

But nah
  • Waqui wrote: »

I spend all my energy exclusively on mods, I haven't farmed slicing mats in a long time, idk what else a person has to do
  • TVF wrote: »

What a poor comparison.

Actually I feel like I have a better chance to win the lotto than to get a +20 mod, I haven't seem those since the 2.0 update
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

What a poor comparison.

Actually I feel like I have a better chance to win the lotto than to get a +20 mod, I haven't seem those since the 2.0 update

Your feel is wrong though.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Idk why you all care so much about the answer.

Because you’ve never answered it. And only haters can’t answer the question.