Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Great matchmaking
    All my opponents have a g13 malak and i have just a 6* malak.
    3 of them with a full g13 Drevan squad. They need just to set the Drevan squad on defense.
    I already lost the whole GAC. 👍
    The GP difference is between 100k and 300k (troops)

Lol - you're better off than the dude in my bracket that has no Malak vs. a guy who 7 g13 (including a 7* Malak). It should be a "close match" :D

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Trojo
    41 posts Member
    So...it says I didn't join on one of my accounts...that means no GA for the month?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Eh, I see once again CG shows how little they care about us and didn't change the matchmaking systems back to what it was like with GA, and I am a Div 4 player going up against Div 1-2 players again.
  • Adios
  • Reasonable matchmaking anybody? eh... never mind. I forgot that F2P means cannon fodder for the whales...
  • Is there any update for the people who missed out on the Bronzium upgrade rewards last GAC due to the bug with the feat being missing? It affected me, and I was hoping it would have been resolved before the start of the GAC today.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Reasonable matchmaking anybody? eh... never mind. I forgot that F2P means cannon fodder for the whales...

This is me. I'm FTP against 7 massive whales. All have 7* malak, g13s everywhere. I don't stand a chance.
  • i7b59uca98rb.png
    btub7ix4ecxq.png
    You have to stop the inter-division matchmaking. These folks are placing five defenses which is unfair to everyone else in the division setting only four.

Plus, how are there folks with 1000 already?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Great matchmaking
    All my opponents have a g13 malak and i have just a 6* malak.
    3 of them with a full g13 Drevan squad. They need just to set the Drevan squad on defense.
    I already lost the whole GAC. 👍
    The GP difference is between 100k and 300k (troops)

Lol - you're better off than the dude in my bracket that has no Malak vs. a guy who 7 g13 (including a 7* Malak). It should be a "close match" :D

Same here I have no Malak no DR opponents both on g13 - does not even make sense to give it a try LoL
  • I just filled my squad slots in GAC. Division 4. I got 540 points for setting all defenses. There are 2 players that are also in division 4, with much less GP, but they are listed with 1000 points each. How is that possible?
  • Just uninstalled
  • If I am in division 2 I should only get matched with division 2 players.... ridiculous that k only get to set 6 teams because one of the 8 is from D3. That means that none of us have the same potential for earning points (we lose the opportunity for 180 [points for 2 additional teams set on defense] + up to 128 points [ max offensive score for 2 perfect wins] my guess is you loase 60 points in conquer bonus (first time in div 2 so I can't confirm) that is a total of 368 points per round. x3 =1104 that is a lot of points taken off the board. @CG_Carrie when we are ranked and receive rewards based on our position within the division it isn't fair if one player has a much higher potential score. If this carries on through 6 different sets there is a differential of 6,624 points.
  • Armyofone wrote: »
    If I am in division 2 I should only get matched with division 2 players.... ridiculous that k only get to set 6 teams because one of the 8 is from D3. That means that none of us have the same potential for earning points (we lose the opportunity for 180 [points for 2 additional teams set on defense] + up to 128 points [ max offensive score for 2 perfect wins] my guess is you loase 60 points in conquer bonus (first time in div 2 so I can't confirm) that is a total of 368 points per round. x3 =1104 that is a lot of points taken off the board. @CG_Carrie when we are ranked and receive rewards based on our position within the division it isn't fair if one player has a much higher potential score. If this carries on through 6 different sets there is a differential of 6,624 points.

6k that's obviously enough to make a difference if someone reaches the next league.

I'm checking in here a few times a day to look for an update on this broken progression system that's based on rng of what division my opponent is in.

When do you think the devs will actually address this?

1. This week
    2. This month
    3. August
    4. Never

I'm hoping for 1 or 2 but afraid it may be 3 or 4...
  • Medix
    1 posts Member
    Will I be able to join for round 2? For some reason I checked this GAC out, looking at the feats and everything, but I didn't click the join button.
  • Vaco
    15 posts Member
    Ok next fail: iam division 4 (2.6 gm) and all my enemys are division 3 (3.3 gm+). Can soneone explain me this matchmaking? Ok they have no revans and i got both but common... They can fill easy All places with g12 toons and still got enough for attack Phase.
  • Medix wrote: »
    Will I be able to join for round 2? For some reason I checked this GAC out, looking at the feats and everything, but I didn't click the join button.

I don’t think so but good question.
  • catac
    11 posts Member
    Unfair matching up round 2.. :( character GP 2.1m to 1.6) (both revan teams - 0 revan) no chance to win, I hope my oppenent defence set will be fantastic as CG's fantastic matchmakings
  • Nice matchmaking. EA are you serious. There are only trainees who code this Game. This Game lose a lot player again with this ****.
  • Alohomora
    45 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Please cancel this GAC. Improve your matchmaking to make it fair and remove those extra 1000 & 2000 points.
    Stop these inter division matches.
    Post edited by Alohomora on
  • They need to fix the matchmaking ASAP. People in the same division get an unfair advantage by being able to place more defenses and potentially getting more points during the attack phase. They can't seriously expect us to play a PvP mode with GLOBAL leaderboards, where some players inherently have an INSURMOUNTABLE point advantage over others, thus claiming the top spots. Just make it so that players ONLY play against people in their division. I'm sure that no matter how good or bad you are, there will be enough people in your division to choose from to give you a good matchup. The way it is right now is UNACCEPTABLE, plain and simple.
  • The matchmaking is ridiculous. We just had a guy in our guild quit the game because he’s matched up against 7 guys with 700K-1M more GP than him. I’m matched up against a guy with all the same elite toons as me... who has 300K worth of additional toons. So it’s “fair” on the top 5-6 matchups, but he’s going to have amazing teams going up against my scraps.

When you finish exhibition and start the real thing, just base matchups on GP or even start date, and then have it adjust in the future based on wins and losses (losers go down, winners go up). Eventually you’ll end up with the best of the best playing each other, but they’ll be doing it in kyber division instead of unfairly pushing really great competitors down while the winner of the “no meta toons” brackets will move up. It makes the ranking system a joke. It’s like if the NCAA tourney started out with the 1 seeds playing each other, 2 seeds playing each other... and 16 seeds playing each other. And then you ranked the 1 seeds that lost lower than the 16 seeds that won. Simply a horrible way to run a tournament.
  • Masch23 wrote: »
    Nice matchmaking. EA are you serious. There are only trainees who code this Game. This Game lose a lot player again with this ****.

This is why I just deleted this game yesterday after playing every single day since December 2016. I am free.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Trojo wrote: »
    So...it says I didn't join on one of my accounts...that means no GA for the month?

Just for the week.
    Medix wrote: »

You will be able to join week 2.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    Please explain how I as a division 2 player is paired against all division 1 players. My opponent has 5.4m gp and has every character at gear 12 and 9 gear 13 toons. I have a 4.1m gp and 70 gear 12 toons, how the hell is this fair matchmaking??????????????????????? @CG_SBCrumb

Yep... similar here...in 2 brakets so far i had 14x division 1 players and i am division 2... Sounds right...

Same here too. Seems I'm in a wrong bracket. Tell me, are you guys usually good in GA?