Minimize opponent score

Hypothetically, let's say a player didn't care about their score, but wanted to minimize their opponent's. Does posting a single team serve that function, or has scoring been adjusted to give max points for empty battles? (In which case it would still impact ability to complete feats)

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Vombatidae wrote: »
    ]let's say a player didn't care about their score, but wanted to minimize their opponent's

Hypothetically, this would be extremely childish and anyone doing this should be banned from future GACs. This is about as close to griefing as you could get in this game and should not be tolerated.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Hypothetically, let's say I was a terrible person and wanted to ruin the game for someone else for no personal gain. How would I go about being just the absolute worst?

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I prefer asking for a friend to hypotheticals.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I prefer asking for a friend to hypotheticals.

Polling the audience is my choice.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Would the game auto set the rest of your defense? Or is that only if you don’t set anything
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Bouu wrote: »
    Would the game auto set the rest of your defense? Or is that only if you don’t set anything

So far it’s only if you set nothing.
  • The best way to minimize their score is to post your very best teams on defense so they can't clear the board and get those points...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Hypothetically, let's say a player didn't care about their score, but wanted to minimize their opponent's. Does posting a single team serve that function, or has scoring been adjusted to give max points for empty battles? (In which case it would still impact ability to complete feats)

The "best" way is to set a defense in which your opponent cannot clear a single team.

However, if you do what you describe, it will give only points for the single win, and then the conquer bonus for each territory. They will win the round and get an additional 1k GAC points. They will miss out on feat progress and extra points from winning on offense, as well as credits.

Before the first real GAC, CG really needs to do something about this.
  • Vombatidae wrote: »

2ha5orn5a1jt.jpeg
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    ]let's say a player didn't care about their score, but wanted to minimize their opponent's

Hypothetically, this would be extremely childish and anyone doing this should be banned from future GACs. This is about as close to griefing as you could get in this game and should not be tolerated.

Players will do it and they will get away with it. So there's that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The easiest fix for this would be automatic victory of zones undefended. I don't know why this isn't the case.
  • The easiest fix for this would be automatic victory of zones undefended. I don't know why this isn't the case.

Someone is getting screwed either way. If you give them max points then it’s unfair to people who are competing against those guys in the rankings.

I honesty don’t see any good way to make league advancement based on points earned in battle. I just hate it.

Someone is getting screwed either way. If you give them max points then it’s unfair to people who are competing against those guys in the rankings.

I honesty don’t see any good way to make league advancement based on points earned in battle. I just hate it.

At that point you are really parsing hairs for your perfection of fairness. The amount of unfairness that is introduced into the system would not be positively propagated, as the in defending player wouldn't positively progress and fair competition would like check the very few people that received some benefit in this fashion. It is thus a bit self-policed in that fashion.

Your concern for fairness in this small % of cases is not warranted.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    My opponent actually did this to me.. so I can confirm you get points to zones cleared and points for max victory. You just don’t get credit for cleared territories
  • Bouu wrote: »
    My opponent actually did this to me.. so I can confirm you get points to zones cleared and points for max victory. You just don’t get credit for cleared territories

CG should just put it in the algorithm that the playing opponent gets the total win as freebies. You can't cheat and pick your partners. The percent occurrence of this has to be below 10%. But whatever. Instead they would rather have 10% or such of their GAC players feeling cheated.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    I would love to get the credits (money) and progress towards feats. Also you lose out on the championship score. You only get championship score for your defense, the one squad you defeat, and the territory that squad was in (about 240 + 540 for the defense I set) instead of my round score of just under 1,600.. oh and then championship score for a win (1,000)
  • Lol, I actually did mean hypothetically ... I have no plans to do that; just checking on how broken the scoring system is.