Is money all that matters to CG?

Prev1
Grand Arena Championship was championed as a great new event. It is nothing but a who’s who of ATMs. There is no incentive for me to play. I’m able to win one battle if I’m lucky and they mess up their defense. I’m outmatched by every opponent. Couple this with reducing event duration, I will never matter in GA. Getting an omega for a seven day event is beyond laughable. Fix this **** and quit being greedy.

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I'm free to play. I won my last GAC. I've gotten second or first in most GAs prior to that.

You can perform well without extensive spending. You can build your roster to a more competitive state. You can improve your tools and tactics.

If you're consistently getting last place in GA, I can assure you it's not because you're consistently matched up against "whales." Not everyone who has things you don't is a whale. Not everyone with more solid tactics than you is a whale.

In other words, you are this meme:

hrof9i8magzh.png

Now, post your roster and folks can give you some tips to improve. Post some matchups that give you trouble and folks can give you advice. But this ain't a big evil corporation/noble victimized F2P sitch.
    Still not a he.
  • So every single matchup for you has been even in GAC? I had no issues with GA. I won half the time or more, which is exactly what CG wanted according to their posts. This is not the case in GAC. I have the lowest GP in both 8 player matchups. This equals less teams for me to counter with. I have no Revans, Malak, Padme or Traya. Over half my opponents do, both times now. My abilities are not the issue, the matchups are.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Yes, money is all that matters to them. They're a business, not a charity.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    SiuanPamic wrote: »
    So every single matchup for you has been even in GAC? I had no issues with GA. I won half the time or more, which is exactly what CG wanted according to their posts.

No, CG wanted more even match-ups, and that's what they gave us.

I have no Revans, Malak, Padme or Traya. Over half my opponents do, both times now. My abilities are not the issue, the matchups are.

This is nothing new. You had half a year to adjust and focus on unlocking legendary/heroic characters. Why didn't you?

• Waqui wrote: »
    So every single matchup for you has been even in GAC? I had no issues with GA. I won half the time or more, which is exactly what CG wanted according to their posts.

I have no Revans, Malak, Padme or Traya. Over half my opponents do, both times now. My abilities are not the issue, the matchups are.

This is nothing new. You had half a year to adjust and focus on unlocking legendary/heroic characters. Why didn't you?

How am I evenly matched? The entire point of my post is that I’m not evenly matched. My roster should be reflected in my matchups, not determined by the maximum GP eligible for deployment.
  • TVF wrote: »

Fair play is not charity
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

How am I evenly matched?

I'm not claiming, that you are. Please don't misread my comment, if you really want a serious discussion and not just turn this into a whine thread.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Fair play is not charity

Fair point. I'll allow it. Continue....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

How am I evenly matched?

I'm not claiming, that you are. Please don't misread my comment, if you really want a serious discussion and not just turn this into a whine thread.

I’m sorry. I misunderstood you. I’m fine with even matchups with comparable rosters. I’m not benefiting from that at all. I was before GAC.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Fair play is not charity

My presentation may not be the best, but I would like to see roster matchups. If CG can create formulas to determine matchups based on maximum GP deployment, how is it unreasonable to add our rosters into the mix? Everyone is working towards different goals. I neglected legendary toons to work on toons needed for guild events. Fair play is what I’d like to see, not domination. I shouldn’t expect to lose every GAC because I didn’t “focus” on legendary toons.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2019

How am I evenly matched?

I’m sorry. I misunderstood you. I’m fine with even matchups with comparable rosters. I’m not benefiting from that at all. I was before GAC.

Match-ups are more even now in general than before.

How am I evenly matched?

Match-ups are more even now in general than before.

Lol I am not experiencing this benefit at all.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Fair play is not charity

My presentation may not be the best, but I would like to see roster matchups. If CG can create formulas to determine matchups based on maximum GP deployment, how is it unreasonable to add our rosters into the mix?

12 rounds of mirror matches every GAC? No, thank you. I'd rather loose now and then.
    Everyone is working towards different goals. I neglected legendary toons to work on toons needed for guild events. Fair play is what I’d like to see, not domination.

It's only fair, that players, who focused on unlocking legendary/heroic characters benefit from it. Since you want fair play:

Why are you complaining?
    I shouldn’t expect to lose every GAC because I didn’t “focus” on legendary toons.

You shouldn't expect to be matched with players if equal performance in this first round. You will later.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    So every single matchup for you has been even in GAC? I had no issues with GA. I won half the time or more, which is exactly what CG wanted according to their posts. This is not the case in GAC. I have the lowest GP in both 8 player matchups. This equals less teams for me to counter with. I have no Revans, Malak, Padme or Traya. Over half my opponents do, both times now. My abilities are not the issue, the matchups are.
    First off, I have only been matched once in GAC that I can speak to, and so have you. The first exhibition was aborted before it played out, which means we can't make meaningful commentary on how that would have panned out. We cannot fully speak to this round until it is played out, though we can speak to the first fight.

So you're talking about a sample size of four fights. Three from last GAC plus today, which is still in progress. That's not enough to make sweeping commentary on the mode. In GA, my matches are generally fine. So far in GAC, my matches have been reasonable. Some more challenging than others, same as with GA.

More notably, you say you're losing to "whales," then go on to list Traya, both Revans, and Padme. I am free to play. I have Traya. I have both Revans. And though I do not have Padme, there are quite a few older players who had leftover strong Separatists from back in the day and managed to get her. Some off of the raw power of a highly invested Asajj.

"Whales" have nothing to do with this.

You have chosen to not pursue useful units when the opportunity was given to you. You could have Traya by now if you'd chosen to get her. You could especially have Kevan right now if you'd chosen to get her; they've come around four times by now. And Devan was reasonably achievable free to play the second time around.

You've made bad choices about your roster. You can make good choices about your roster going forward to rectify this.

Running into more of these units is not the matchmaking's fault. Now that the second Devan event's come around, there are far more Darth Revans floating around. More people unlock Traya every day. We've had three Kevan events so far. Whether or not the matchmaking changed, you'd run into more of these units in Grand Arena because there are more in circulation.

Grand Arena is heavily focused on building and utilizing the tools to deal with common teams. You don't want to work toward Traya or Revan or Revan? Fine. What plan have you come up with to deal with them?

Palpatine can beat Darth Revan sans Malak. Grievous can beat Darth Revan with Malak. Talzin Nightsisters can beat Jedi Knight Revan. Qi'ra/Nest/Hoda can beat Padme. Thrawntroopers with Magma can counter the triumvirate.

You can counter these toons without having them yourself. But have you have to choose to build usable tools. If you don't, you're gonna get beaten.

The matchmaking does not care who you have. It just cares about the GP of your units. Build counters. Deploy them.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    So every single matchup for you has been even in GAC? I had no issues with GA. I won half the time or more, which is exactly what CG wanted according to their posts. This is not the case in GAC. I have the lowest GP in both 8 player matchups. This equals less teams for me to counter with. I have no Revans, Malak, Padme or Traya. Over half my opponents do, both times now. My abilities are not the issue, the matchups are.
    First off, I have only been matched once in GAC that I can speak to, and so have you. The first exhibition was aborted before it played out, which means we can't make meaningful commentary on how that would have panned out. We cannot fully speak to this round until it is played out, though we can speak to the first fight.

So you're talking about a sample size of four fights. Three from last GAC plus today, which is still in progress. That's not enough to make sweeping commentary on the mode. In GA, my matches are generally fine. So far in GAC, my matches have been reasonable. Some more challenging than others, same as with GA.

More notably, you say you're losing to "whales," then go on to list Traya, both Revans, and Padme. I am free to play. I have Traya. I have both Revans. And though I do not have Padme, there are quite a few older players who had leftover strong Separatists from back in the day and managed to get her. Some off of the raw power of a highly invested Asajj.

"Whales" have nothing to do with this.

You have chosen to not pursue useful units when the opportunity was given to you. You could have Traya by now if you'd chosen to get her. You could especially have Kevan right now if you'd chosen to get her; they've come around four times by now. And Devan was reasonably achievable free to play the second time around.

You've made bad choices about your roster. You can make good choices about your roster going forward to rectify this.

Running into more of these units is not the matchmaking's fault. Now that the second Devan event's come around, there are far more Darth Revans floating around. More people unlock Traya every day. We've had three Kevan events so far. Whether or not the matchmaking changed, you'd run into more of these units in Grand Arena because there are more in circulation.

Grand Arena is heavily focused on building and utilizing the tools to deal with common teams. You don't want to work toward Traya or Revan or Revan? Fine. What plan have you come up with to deal with them?

Palpatine can beat Darth Revan sans Malak. Grievous can beat Darth Revan with Malak. Talzin Nightsisters can beat Jedi Knight Revan. Qi'ra/Nest/Hoda can beat Padme. Thrawntroopers with Magma can counter the triumvirate.

You can counter these toons without having them yourself. But have you have to choose to build usable tools. If you don't, you're gonna get beaten.

The matchmaking does not care who you have. It just cares about the GP of your units. Build counters. Deploy them.

The first one may have been canceled, but I am still able to use them as an example. That is 21 opponents with 100% of them having more GP than me. 60-70% of them having legendary. Again, my roster should be considered with matchmaking. I don’t expect to bulldoze anyone and hasn’t been the case for me. I should also not expect to be bulldozed. This is the flaw with strict unit GP matchup. My guild is also not doing HSTR. Just as my guild is unable to do the Geo TB without taking a huge loss in benefits from the other TBs. You are making a great argument for my issue. This seems like an easy observation for someone who is experiencing zero problems from this setup.

Fair play is not charity

My presentation may not be the best, but I would like to see roster matchups. If CG can create formulas to determine matchups based on maximum GP deployment, how is it unreasonable to add our rosters into the mix?

12 rounds of mirror matches every GAC? No, thank you. I'd rather loose now and then.
    Everyone is working towards different goals. I neglected legendary toons to work on toons needed for guild events. Fair play is what I’d like to see, not domination.

It's only fair, that players, who focused on unlocking legendary/heroic characters benefit from it. Since you want fair play:

Why are you complaining?
    I shouldn’t expect to lose every GAC because I didn’t “focus” on legendary toons.

You shouldn't expect to be matched with players if equal performance in this first round. You will later.

If this is the case then it could have been done already. That is my whole point. 21 opponents in and I am still being outmatched 88% of the time. GA was not this outmatched when it started and I never won every single match every time. My roster should absolutely play a factor, just as it did before GAC. If it’s supposed to work later on, there is no reason it cannot work now.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The first one may have been canceled, but I am still able to use them as an example. That is 21 opponents with 100% of them having more GP than me. 60-70% of them having legendary. Again, my roster should be considered with matchmaking. I don’t expect to bulldoze anyone and hasn’t been the case for me. I should also not expect to be bulldozed. This is the flaw with strict unit GP matchup. My guild is also not doing HSTR. Just as my guild is unable to do the Geo TB without taking a huge loss in benefits from the other TBs. You are making a great argument for my issue. This seems like an easy observation for someone who is experiencing zero problems from this setup.
    "60-70% of them having legendary?" Nani? That doesn't even make sense. I should think everyone would "have legendary" at a point where you're consistently facing Revans and Trayas.

Nothing mandates that you stay with your guild. If your guild is holding you back and you choose to stay, then all consequences of that decision fall on you. No one else.

Traya and the Sith raid have been in the game for nearly a year and a half and have grown progressively easier as things have been released and reworked. What does it take to clear the Sith raid? Every member makes two teams who can do 4% damage to two different phases. That's it. Not a big ask over nearly a year and a half. If your guild is not doing hSith at this point, it's because they choose not to. And you are free to leave. If you've got your two teams, you can probably get in on a 100+ mil hSith guild that does Geonosis TB before the next TB starts.

But you talk about Traya like she's still one of the gods of the game. Fact of the matter is... she isn't. Her kit is a big ball of antimeta that's become sharply less centralizing over the last nine months. It does not make sense to complain about her, or act like she should be a hard cutoff anymore; she's on par with Palpatine these days. And that's the way of all the powerful or dominant toons; they rise and fall. Nightsisters were the meta not that long ago with Talzin as one of the gods of the game. Now, Geonosians beat them. Units rise and fall. Enshrining the S-rank toons in the matchmaking algorithm is not a reasonable expectation.

As these toons become more ubiquitous and as your GP rises, you will run into them more often. That is not a matchmaking algorithm thing. That's just natural drift.

The problem is not the matchmaking algorithm. The problem is you. And that's a good thing! That means you have the power to fix the situation yourself. Build tools. Learn counters. Make better resource management decisions. And your performance will improve.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    "60-70% of them having legendary?" Nani? That doesn't even make sense. I should think everyone would "have legendary" at a point where you're consistently facing Revans and Trayas.

Nothing mandates that you stay with your guild. If your guild is holding you back and you choose to stay, then all consequences of that decision fall on you. No one else.

Traya and the Sith raid have been in the game for nearly a year and a half and have grown progressively easier as things have been released and reworked. What does it take to clear the Sith raid? Every member makes two teams who can do 4% damage to two different phases. That's it. Not a big ask over nearly a year and a half. If your guild is not doing hSith at this point, it's because they choose not to. And you are free to leave. If you've got your two teams, you can probably get in on a 100+ mil hSith guild that does Geonosis TB before the next TB starts.

But you talk about Traya like she's still one of the gods of the game. Fact of the matter is... she isn't. Her kit is a big ball of antimeta that's become sharply less centralizing over the last nine months. It does not make sense to complain about her, or act like she should be a hard cutoff anymore; she's on par with Palpatine these days. And that's the way of all the powerful or dominant toons; they rise and fall. Nightsisters were the meta not that long ago with Talzin as one of the gods of the game. Now, Geonosians beat them. Units rise and fall. Enshrining the S-rank toons in the matchmaking algorithm is not a reasonable expectation.

As these toons become more ubiquitous and as your GP rises, you will run into them more often. That is not a matchmaking algorithm thing. That's just natural drift.

The problem is not the matchmaking algorithm. The problem is you. And that's a good thing! That means you have the power to fix the situation yourself. Build tools. Learn counters. Make better resource management decisions. And your performance will improve.

Got it. I’ll just ignore the fact that I had absolutely no issue with GA before GAC.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Got it. I’ll just ignore the fact that I had absolutely no issue with GA before GAC.

I have a hard time believing that this was not a problem during GA before GAC, since obviously many players at your GP have those characters:
    I have no Revans, Malak, Padme or Traya. Over half my opponents do, both times now.

Match-making is not the issue here. Your lack of focus on unlocking key characters is.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Fair play is not charity

Why are you complaining?

If this is the case then it could have been done already. That is my whole point. 21 opponents in and I am still being outmatched 88% of the time. GA was not this outmatched when it started and I never won every single match every time. My roster should absolutely play a factor, just as it did before GAC. If it’s supposed to work later on, there is no reason it cannot work now.

21 opponents so far in GAC? Wauw!

Most of the match-ups in the current complaint threads are actually far more even than some of the match-ups I saw in GA. It seems like matches are more even in general now than under the previous system.

Your roster does play a factor. Not having key characters unlocked plays a factor just like it did in GA before GAC, and in TW before GA. Don't blame matchmaking for your lack of key characters.

Leagues were only just introduced. Give the system time to work it's magic and settle.

I have a hard time believing that this was not a problem during GA before GAC, since obviously many players at your GP have those characters:
    I have no Revans, Malak, Padme or Traya. Over half my opponents do, both times now.

Match-making is not the issue here. Your lack of focus on unlocking key characters is.

Lol seriously? You have a hard time believing that for months now I’ve been playing GA without issue and now I’m going to make up a story that I hate GAC? I actually really enjoy the strategy of GA, especially when I was properly matched. I even lost matches from 1-4 points. That is a great matchup. I find it hard to believe CG cannot fix this issue. As you say though, I guess I’ll have to wait a couple months to be properly matched again.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Lol seriously? You have a hard time believing that for months now I’ve been playing GA without issue and now I’m going to make up a story that I hate GAC?

Yes, I have a hard time believing that not having key characters was never a problem before.
  • Yes, I have a hard time believing that not having key characters was never a problem before.[/quote]

Okay, it truly hasn’t been an issue. I’m not even 2 million GP. All of my opponents mirrored me in GA. Some of them had legendary, but our rosters were comparable. I am not discounting players for unlocking legendary. I want them as well as the next F2P player. I just don’t have them yet and GA was always evenly matched for me. Strategy was a component versus my opponents in GAC looking at my roster and seeing I have no legendary. I do not see the point of this change. I find it hard to believe that tons of people had matchmaking issues before GAC.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, I have a hard time believing that not having key characters was never a problem before.

Okay, it truly hasn’t been an issue. I’m not even 2 million GP. All of my opponents mirrored me in GA.

Ok. Consider yourself lucky then. Some players under 2 million GP have both Revan(s) and Padme. It's not common, no, but still they are out there. You've just been lucky to not be matched against them.
    ... and GA was always evenly matched for me.

Consider yourself even more lucky, then. I have seen some very un-even matchups (still fair, though, but that's a different story), both in my favour and against me. My favourite was my alt with (back then) 18 g12 characters beating an opponent with 53 characters (Lucky for me he had no HMF, and ships were included).
    I do not see the point of this change. I find it hard to believe that tons of people had matchmaking issues before GAC.

From what I see here in these complaints discussions, the matches, that people complain about, are still far more even than some of those, I have seen in the past, and which others have complained about under the previous system.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited July 2019

Fair play is not charity

Caring about your perception of fair play is though.

They do what they can to make as many people feel it's fair as possible, with an emphasis on spenders. Because the bottom line is more important to them than what some of the forum thinks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I find it hard to believe that tons of people had matchmaking issues before GAC.

That's the funniest thing on the forum today. Would you like me to link you to the GA megathread that was full of nothing but complaints about how horrible the matchmaking was from the first day GA started?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that tons of people had matchmaking issues before GAC.

That's the funniest thing on the forum today. Would you like me to link you to the GA megathread that was full of nothing but complaints about how horrible the matchmaking was from the first day GA started?

I wouldn't call it horrible. Matches could be far less even in GA than now in GAC, but the match-making in GA was completely fair in the sense that building a stronger roster (stronger for GA) would always increase your chances of winning.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I wouldn't call it horrible. Matches could be far less even in GA than now in GAC, but the match-making in GA was completely fair in the sense that building a stronger roster (stronger for GA) would always increase your chances of winning.

Of course you wouldn't call it horrible. You were the one person who stuck with that enormous thread defending the matchmaking against all complainers. But the OP apparently thinks that because he was happier getting easy matches back then, everybody was happy. That thread has hundreds of pages of evidence otherwise.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Of course you wouldn't call it horrible. You were the one person who stuck with that enormous thread defending the matchmaking against all complainers. But the OP apparently thinks that because he was happier getting easy matches back then, everybody was happy. That thread has hundreds of pages of evidence otherwise.

Again (and as previously stated in multiple threads):
    The GA match-making was fair. Even and fair are two different things. Many of those, who complained back then got those two things mixed up.
  • I'm sympathetic with your current experience of matchmaking. I really like the change to more competitive and even matches overall although, at a guess it, seems you have the same type of roster as my alt account (which was inactive from just before JKR release until a few weeks back).

If you have a narrowly focused roster with 50 or so g12s and alot of g1 lvl1s but neither Revans like my alt that's about the worst situation for the current matching. I still won the week exhibition using a JTR team vs the JKRs I faced. This time out I'll have to try and beat a Darth Revan with my EP lead triumvirate and doesn't seem likely I'll win that one but I'll give it a shot and in the meantime I'm 100% chasing the meta teams I missed out on while the account wasn't active.

This is the statement that every time I see it really really perplexes me:
    I neglected legendary toons to work on toons needed for guild events.

First, any serious answer to the question "what should I farm that would help my guild the most?" should be "the best current meta PvP team" so that you have more resources from arena to farm other things that will help your guild.

Second, in what list of characters to farm for guild events is JKR and DR not the top of (or very close to the top of if you want to argue sep droids and geos are currently the top of the list). If your guilds members had farmed a JKR squad each you'd have been clearing the STR months ago (you need just over 10 for P1, 5 for P2, 15 for P3 and a few NS teams and the rest of your rosters for P4). Darth Revan is one of the best characters to have for Geo TB (if only for filling platoons) and definitely needed to be competitive in TW.

Third, what meta/legendary characters exactly are not awesome in PvE and guild events and what characters "need" to be farmed for guild events that are not good in PvP/GAC? Rogue One is potentially the only thing I can think of and that's only getting you potentially one extra star in phase 6 LSTB anyways.

I know plenty of people who'll farm what they like for fun and not care about arena and GAC, that's 100% cool and a personal choice, don't go round blaming your guild and PvE events for it though.