Way to break grand arena with malak

Mzee
1777 posts Member
edited July 2019
So I kept my Malak team for offense. I managed to kill Hk47, and sith trooper. His fallen was faster than mine, which makes all the difference. The rest of his team took out my CLS team and Jedi Knight revan team, which are maxed out with 12+ gear without a sweat. My CLS team got 0 turns after Han shot first, and my JKR team got no bonus turn meter so yoda got one turn only, and Revan got 1 turn only. All my teams were full 12+ with good mods.

Even though he messed up a lot with a total of 7 holds across my teams, no point in me even doing anymore battles cause of a single team, which is ridiculous. All because his fallen bastille is 2 speed quicker than mine, and I had 3 gear 13s, and him 2 on that team.

Way to break the game when a single TRIO takes out 2 meta teams without letting them get a turn. Nice going...
Post edited by Mzee on

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Now Malak took out my entire gear 12 +3 or 4 Padme team after killing the other 2. How do you manage to break the game this bad with balance?

A single mod or 2 should not have so much impact on the outcome of GA by itself. That is when balance is badly messed up. ALl because 1 character has 2 more speed or so than yours. At least with JKR, I had no trouble winning mirrors if I was slower cause I could mod Jolee to be very tanky, and yoda to have high offense. Doesn't matter with Darth Revan unless you mod Fallen for slow with high tenacity even if you have more gear 13s. All down to whose fallen goes first.
    Post edited by Mzee on
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Getting beat /= broken game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    TVF wrote: »

You missed the point. 2 speed difference or so should not decide the outcome of an entire GA. I had 7 holds across my other teams so if it was down to this single team I likely would have won without much issue since I had prepared appropriate counters.

Anyways, this thread can probably be deleted as it is not constructive, and was mostly venting. The game really should not be designed this way though where half a team left can take out the next strongest teams without letting them get a single turn. unfortunately, it is, and I wish in the future balance was better, but probably not likely since this game is a few years in already. Still waiting on that rock/paper/scissors they keep talking about with Malak...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Malak is rock....and paper....and scissors. One toon to rule them all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • You made your first mistake when you didn't place Malak on defense.
    There's nothing broken about a bad strategy.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »

You missed the point. 2 speed difference or so should not decide the outcome of an entire GA. I had 7 holds across my other teams so if it was down to this single team I likely would have won without much issue since I had prepared appropriate counters.

Any close competition is determined by a very small thing. Why shouldn't 2 speed difference decide a GA?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

Any close competition is determined by a very small thing. Why shouldn't 2 speed difference decide a GA?

You're right - two speed difference on an otherwise outmatched roster (as evidenced by 7 defends) should totally determine the outcome of an entire GA.

I think there are more fun things that should be included maybe a timely dodge that makes the difference between finishing off DR and having him go next and regain buckets of health - those are great fun. Maybe an opening shock that gets resisted on SIT or Malak that keeps them gaining taunt - or multiple CBM resists on squads that have zero added tenacity and multiple stacks of fear, let's have more of those. Because low probability, negative actions that completely sway the outcome of a match/GA make for extremely satisfying game play!!! I think we need more of them.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    If my team has Michael Jordan (circa 1996) and your team doesn't, I'm probably going to win no matter what the rest of your roster looks like.
  • TVF wrote: »
    If my team has Michael Jordan (circa 1996) and your team doesn't, I'm probably going to win no matter what the rest of your roster looks like.

I understand you're a prolific author, but I fear reading comprehension is problematic. I'd point out what I mean, but that would require comprehension of the written word.

I get it, nuance is difficult, it makes people think harder about things and challenges their ability to put the world into tidy little boxes of good/bad right/wrong, etc. "Devil is in the details" and all that. Much easier to opine with a single sentence and feel better about all the knowledge you just dropped.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    They placed a team that could hold.

You placed teams that could not hold, but took multiple attempts to topple.

They win fair and square.
    Still not a he.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They placed a team that could hold.

You placed teams that could not hold, but took multiple attempts to topple.

They win fair and square.

Agreed - especially since both rosters had virtually the same teams at their disposal.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member

I understand you're a prolific author, but I fear reading comprehension is problematic. I'd point out what I mean, but that would require comprehension of the written word.

I get it, nuance is difficult, it makes people think harder about things and challenges their ability to put the world into tidy little boxes of good/bad right/wrong, etc. "Devil is in the details" and all that. Much easier to opine with a single sentence and feel better about all the knowledge you just dropped.

Well look at this master class in dismissal. I'll just move on, thanks for your time.