Is money all that matters to CG?

2Next

Replies

• I'm sympathetic with your current experience of matchmaking. I really like the change to more competitive and even matches overall although, at a guess it, seems you have the same type of roster as my alt account (which was inactive from just before JKR release until a few weeks back).

If you have a narrowly focused roster with 50 or so g12s and alot of g1 lvl1s but neither Revans like my alt that's about the worst situation for the current matching. I still won the week exhibition using a JTR team vs the JKRs I faced. This time out I'll have to try and beat a Darth Revan with my EP lead triumvirate and doesn't seem likely I'll win that one but I'll give it a shot and in the meantime I'm 100% chasing the meta teams I missed out on while the account wasn't active.

This is the statement that every time I see it really really perplexes me:
    I neglected legendary toons to work on toons needed for guild events.

First, any serious answer to the question "what should I farm that would help my guild the most?" should be "the best current meta PvP team" so that you have more resources from arena to farm other things that will help your guild.

Second, in what list of characters to farm for guild events is JKR and DR not the top of (or very close to the top of if you want to argue sep droids and geos are currently the top of the list). If your guilds members had farmed a JKR squad each you'd have been clearing the STR months ago (you need just over 10 for P1, 5 for P2, 15 for P3 and a few NS teams and the rest of your rosters for P4). Darth Revan is one of the best characters to have for Geo TB (if only for filling platoons) and definitely needed to be competitive in TW.

Third, what meta/legendary characters exactly are not awesome in PvE and guild events and what characters "need" to be farmed for guild events that are not good in PvP/GAC? Rogue One is potentially the only thing I can think of and that's only getting you potentially one extra star in phase 6 LSTB anyways.

I know plenty of people who'll farm what they like for fun and not care about arena and GAC, that's 100% cool and a personal choice, don't go round blaming your guild and PvE events for it though.

Definitely not blaming anyone but CG for the change. With the current setup, my only resolve is to focus on legendary. Previously my mods made the difference, good or bad. I get it’s new and there are always things to improve, I just didn’t expect to be matched the way I have every single time. It appears I’m just going to get slaughtered for awhile.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    SiuanPamic wrote: »
    I'm sympathetic with your current experience of matchmaking. I really like the change to more competitive and even matches overall although, at a guess it, seems you have the same type of roster as my alt account (which was inactive from just before JKR release until a few weeks back).

If you have a narrowly focused roster with 50 or so g12s and alot of g1 lvl1s but neither Revans like my alt that's about the worst situation for the current matching. I still won the week exhibition using a JTR team vs the JKRs I faced. This time out I'll have to try and beat a Darth Revan with my EP lead triumvirate and doesn't seem likely I'll win that one but I'll give it a shot and in the meantime I'm 100% chasing the meta teams I missed out on while the account wasn't active.

First, any serious answer to the question "what should I farm that would help my guild the most?" should be "the best current meta PvP team" so that you have more resources from arena to farm other things that will help your guild.

Second, in what list of characters to farm for guild events is JKR and DR not the top of (or very close to the top of if you want to argue sep droids and geos are currently the top of the list). If your guilds members had farmed a JKR squad each you'd have been clearing the STR months ago (you need just over 10 for P1, 5 for P2, 15 for P3 and a few NS teams and the rest of your rosters for P4). Darth Revan is one of the best characters to have for Geo TB (if only for filling platoons) and definitely needed to be competitive in TW.

Third, what meta/legendary characters exactly are not awesome in PvE and guild events and what characters "need" to be farmed for guild events that are not good in PvP/GAC? Rogue One is potentially the only thing I can think of and that's only getting you potentially one extra star in phase 6 LSTB anyways.

I know plenty of people who'll farm what they like for fun and not care about arena and GAC, that's 100% cool and a personal choice, don't go round blaming your guild and PvE events for it though.

Definitely not blaming anyone but CG for the change. With the current setup, my only resolve is to focus on legendary. Previously my mods made the difference, good or bad. I get it’s new and there are always things to improve, I just didn’t expect to be matched the way I have every single time.

Consider yourself lucky if this is the first time you encounter players with Revan(s) and Padme.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that tons of people had matchmaking issues before GAC.

That's the funniest thing on the forum today. Would you like me to link you to the GA megathread that was full of nothing but complaints about how horrible the matchmaking was from the first day GA started?

I wouldn't call it horrible. Matches could be far less even in GA than now in GAC, but the match-making in GA was completely fair in the sense that building a stronger roster (stronger for GA) would always increase your chances of winning.

Of course you wouldn't call it horrible. You were the one person who stuck with that enormous thread defending the matchmaking against all complainers. But the OP apparently thinks that because he was happier getting easy matches back then, everybody was happy. That thread has hundreds of pages of evidence otherwise.

I was happier getting fair matches, I never said I got easy matches. I’ll be honest and admit I didn’t read about previous issues from GA matchmaking. The reason I paid attention this time is because people from other guilds I’ve talked to outside of this forum, as well as multiple people from different threads are saying the same thing. I’m gathering that everyone with legendary is not having my issue.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    I'm sympathetic with your current experience of matchmaking. I really like the change to more competitive and even matches overall although, at a guess it, seems you have the same type of roster as my alt account (which was inactive from just before JKR release until a few weeks back).

Definitely not blaming anyone but CG for the change. With the current setup, my only resolve is to focus on legendary. Previously my mods made the difference, good or bad. I get it’s new and there are always things to improve, I just didn’t expect to be matched the way I have every single time.

Consider yourself lucky if this is the first time you encounter players with Revan(s) and Padme.

Definitely not the first time and no one dominated my GP in the original GA. Previously most of my opponents had a couple thousand more GP. Current setup is over half my opponents with legendary and all of them with more GP (tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I find it hard to believe that tons of people had matchmaking issues before GAC.

That's the funniest thing on the forum today. Would you like me to link you to the GA megathread that was full of nothing but complaints about how horrible the matchmaking was from the first day GA started?

I wouldn't call it horrible. Matches could be far less even in GA than now in GAC, but the match-making in GA was completely fair in the sense that building a stronger roster (stronger for GA) would always increase your chances of winning.

Of course you wouldn't call it horrible. You were the one person who stuck with that enormous thread defending the matchmaking against all complainers. But the OP apparently thinks that because he was happier getting easy matches back then, everybody was happy. That thread has hundreds of pages of evidence otherwise.

Again (and as previously stated in multiple threads):
    The GA match-making was fair. Even and fair are two different things. Many of those, who complained back then got those two things mixed up.

Why do you keep arguing this to me? It has absolutely nothing to do with my point, which is that OP is 100% wrong in claiming that everybody was happy with matchmaking back then.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

The GA match-making was fair. Even and fair are two different things. Many of those, who complained back then got those two things mixed up.

Why do you keep arguing this to me?

Read, what you quote. You're called the GA match-making horrible. I disagree. I discussed it.
    Would you like me to link you to the GA megathread that was full of nothing but complaints about [...] the matchmaking [...] from the first day GA started?

There you go. Fixed it for you.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Definitely not the first time ...

Ok, so since you had no problems in GA (your own words), being matched with players with more legendary/hero characters than you is not a problem. So, what did you mean by:
    My roster should be reflected in my matchups, not determined by the maximum GP eligible for deployment.

Are you just complaining about differences in total roster GP? Something that doesn't reflect how strong your roster is in GA?

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You've made bad choices about your roster. You can make good choices about your roster going forward to rectify this.

I'd advise against this as the penalty for doing so is facing rosters with similar GP in their top X squads, but significantly deeper benches from which to draw, sometimes containing less common teams that require lower frequency counters. But hey, a 140% difference in toon GP is fair and results in a great matchup every time.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Why do you keep arguing this to me?

Read, what you quote. You're called the GA match-making horrible. I disagree. I discussed it.
    Would you like me to link you to the GA megathread that was full of nothing but complaints about [...] the matchmaking [...] from the first day GA started?

There you go. Fixed it for you.

I said that people complained about the horrible matchmaking. That means those people, who were complaining, were calling the matchmaking horrible.

If you had ever paid attention to my posts you would know full well that I was right there along side you arguing against all of those people in that thread. If you aren't even going to pay enough attention to who you're talking to recognize that, then at least don't compound the insult by reading things into my statements that I very obviously didn't mean.
  • Liath wrote: »

Why do you keep arguing this to me? It has absolutely nothing to do with my point, which is that OP is 100% wrong in claiming that everybody was happy with matchmaking back then.

Lol I was being a smart ****. I assume there were issues with matchmaking and now I’m experiencing them. I made that statement because they posted it was hard to believe I hadn’t had issues. I’m not going to post a discussion to lie about my experience with GA.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You've made bad choices about your roster. You can make good choices about your roster going forward to rectify this.

I'd advise against this as the penalty for doing so is facing rosters with similar GP in their top X squads, but significantly deeper benches from which to draw, sometimes containing less common teams that require lower frequency counters. But hey, a 140% difference in toon GP is fair and results in a great matchup every time.

Please elaborate for me a bit more. I believe you’re speaking of the issue I’m experiencing.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Is money all that matters to CG?

YES. Everything they did in past year was towards monetizing the game as much as possible and turning players into high spending whales.

You will hear the same from most YouTubers.

I used to spend but as a member of guild helping new players, we are recommending not to spend any money on the game because it is terribly expensive for what you get and value is only very short lived. Hope more players will take the same stance and help new players not to make the same mistakes.