When does lock in actually occur in GAC?

When my matchup was determined and defense setting phase started, evening of wed. july 10, my opponent did not have jkr. But had the necessary toons ready for the event starting on july 11, 9am. Said jkr now turned up in defense. I thought lock in occurred prior to matchmaking. It evidently does not. So when does it occur?

Replies

• twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    Did he set JKR after the lock in or is he just showing up in his inventory after because he was able to unlock him?
  • turgutasfalt
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    As i said, he did not have jkr activated when he was matched up with me. I personally checked his roster, made a dsr bot comparison showing a distinct lack of jkr, and then a freshly hatched g7 jkr with lead zeta under bastila lead was set in defense. Lol.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    as far as i know rosters are set in once you can see your opponent (aka defense day). so from what you say with revan on defense that would mean their is a wording error and hes not on defense but "in his current roster, usable only outside of GA"
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    As i said, he did not have jkr activated when he was matched up with me. I personally checked his roster, made a dsr bot comparison showing a distinct lack of jkr, and then a freshly hatched g8 jkr with lead zeta under bastila lead was set in defense. Lol.

can you show the defense/bot comparision?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Lock occurs at the very time you are able to start setting up defenses and not when you apply to the event.
  • Options
    Luckily, he set it in defense, so i can show it. There is no way to show what was used in offense.
    I could also copy paste the bot comparison, if that helps.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    Luckily, he set it in defense, so i can show it. There is no way to show what was used in offense.
    I could also copy paste the bot comparison, if that helps.

yes please do..
    also i just thought with the bot comparison it also depends on when swgoh.gg was last updated. you could have seen it when revan wasn't actually their
  • Options
    I'm also curious about this, since the person I am facing, when inspected is running a cls, han, chewie team. I attacked him with my cls, han chewie. His speed in order of cls, han, chewie are 244, 148, 180. Mine are 249, 237, 217.

We have all the Zetas and yet his han got shoots first off on my han FIRST, and systematically tore me a new one and yet I have higher speed and better mods on all the characters
  • Options
    tn7jlsg4239p.png
  • Options
    8hgmbjdn0ow7.png
  • Options
    duqclsrnwchn.png
  • Options
    as you can see the bot comparison happened jul 10, 23h49. showing no revan. prior to this i personally checked the roster as well
  • Options
    i also just now reached out to my opponent asking when he activated jkr
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    I'm also curious about this, since the person I am facing, when inspected is running a cls, han, chewie team. I attacked him with my cls, han chewie. His speed in order of cls, han, chewie are 244, 148, 180. Mine are 249, 237, 217.

We have all the Zetas and yet his han got shoots first off on my han FIRST, and systematically tore me a new one and yet I have higher speed and better mods on all the characters

han shooting first doesnt matter for speed. its a coin flip. the rest i cant say other then maybe a stun messed you up
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    as you can see the bot comparison happened jul 10, 23h49. showing no revan. prior to this i personally checked the roster as well

intresting but still it does depend on when swgoh.g updated....otherwise idk intresting question
  • Options
    so i must have personally overlooked the g7 jkr when checking his roster. possible.

AND he must have activated jkr after the last sync with swgoh.gg but prior to matchup. possible. meh
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    so i must have personally overlooked the g7 jkr when checking his roster. possible.

AND he must have activated jkr after the last sync with swgoh.gg but prior to matchup. possible. meh

just saying the swgoh.gg is a possiblity. not likely but possibly.

i would like to know the real answer at this point though, as the current evidence does show somethnig weird happening
  • Options
    i would certainly not activate jkr for months then put a lead zeta on him, and force him into defense under bastila. makes total sense.
  • Options
    maybe my opponent will answer. btw i don't think there is cheating involved.
  • Options
    Sometimes swgoh.gg takes a while to update.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Which Han shoots first is a coin toss independant of speed.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

How would one even cheat that? Don't forget lock occurs much later then when the event starts, a day later. And you can only make sure what he has by directly browsing his roster at that time.
  • Options
    DSR bot does not pull from GG, it pulls directly from the API. DSR bot will show more info that GG will because GG requires a profile be setup on it whereas DSR does not.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

How would one even cheat that? Don't forget lock occurs much later then when the event starts, a day later. And you can only make sure what he has by directly browsing his roster at that time.

i have no idea how one could cheat. I am not forgetting anything here. i want to know if the system works as intended, i.e. lock in prior to matchmaking, or if it is still tight like a sieve.
  • Options
    My opponent declined the invitation to chat, so there will be no info from him about when he activated revan.
    The way he modded and developped his roster i guess it is possible that he completed the jkr event prior to match up, and then forgot to activate him until shortly prior to lock in. Then i totally was not capable of filtering for jedi and recognize the jkr. Not that i face this char in arena 5x per day for months and scan for it cuz relevancy. Then the bot missed sneaky pete revan as well.

Ergo, lockin works as intended. Thanks for listening.
  • Options
    This happened to a guild mate of mine. GAC locked, JKR event came about and they unlocked but were still able to set on def. Seems like a bug to me.
  • Options
    lol
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Lockdown occurs either when the player goes to GA page and opens it or when he restart the game (gets the initial page).
    If he stayed with game open and didn't open his GA page, he can do it.
    They're moving to lockdown to the moment players aplly for GA, but it will be 2 weeks from now.
  • Options
    Some folks are reporting that they were able to put malak on defense.... and the event is already well past the join period so yea