Grand Arena - Not Option to Join & Devs Response

Ugluk199
295 posts Member
edited July 2019
I have seen several people in my guild have started there next grand arena. In mine I can see the feats but never got the option to join? Are some people starting at different points. I checked multiple times but never had the option to join
Post edited by Ugluk199 on

Replies

• Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    p25klthilnwl.png
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Everyone starts at the same time. If you are not in the first Attack Phase by now then I am afraid you are not in the GAC.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    See you in 6 weeks!
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    See you in 6 weeks!

This is not helpful at all. Apparently others are having the same issue, see thread here. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1912020#Comment_1912020
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    See you in 6 weeks!

What a ****, I love it!
  • After having a conversation with EA support, this is all I was given u7fz0fp4y8ey.png
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    And you were expecting what exactly? That they would re-start the GAC for everyone so that you could join?
  • @Ugluk199 the screenshot you posted above will have had a big green button saying “join” for the 24hrs signup period.

My gut says you didn’t press it.

As with everyone else who has this complaint.

The mistake most of the others are making is that they could see feats, could see leaderboards so they assumed that meant they’d joined. But these things can always be seen, whether you’ve clicked join or not.
  • You didn't join. And the customer support is from EA not CG.
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    And you were expecting what exactly? That they would re-start the GAC for everyone so that you could join?

Not at all, that’s not my intention. My intention is to make this problem known so that it doesn’t happen to other people in the future and if it indeed is a bug that it can be fixed before the next set of Championships.

To everyone saying I joined. I never had the option to. I joined the exhibition round of championships fine, but I never had the button. It was only the screen that we all say previously that said to check back for the next championship
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    uw2ccx2nkpby.png
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    See you in 6 weeks!

That's not true, you can join next week.
    Ugluk199 wrote: »
    See you in 6 weeks!

This is not helpful at all. Apparently others are having the same issue, see thread here. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1912020#Comment_1912020

The other people are claiming that they hit the join button but didn't get to participate. You aren't claiming that. Based on the OP you never even went in to hit that button during the 24h it was there.
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    See you in 6 weeks!

See you in 6 weeks!

The other people are claiming that they hit the join button but didn't get to participate. You aren't claiming that. Based on the OP you never even went in to hit that button during the 24h it was there.

Well, at least I will be able to join next week. I went into championships while it was there and ever since I got the notification to join (there was a red button outside just like last grand arena), but when I went in there was no option to join like last time. I checked back everytime I opened the app, but unfortunately nothing.

Thanks for clarifying that I’ll be able to join next week though
  • Quick clarifying question. Are you level 85? I think I recall there being something about level 85 being Auto joined, but not lower levels. Can't tell you where I saw that though.
    For what it's worth, I didn't have a join button, and I was automatically joined.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Shyaldeth wrote: »
    Quick clarifying question. Are you level 85? I think I recall there being something about level 85 being Auto joined, but not lower levels. Can't tell you where I saw that though.
    For what it's worth, I didn't have a join button, and I was automatically joined.

There is no join button for GAC, you are automatically joined. There is a join button for each individual week's GA. If you are currently participating in a GA, you hit it, possibly without even noticing.

This is just like the people who say they never had a join button for TW. Maybe it's true, but somehow there has yet to be a post showing "I don't have a join button" while that join button should actually be there. It's always people posting screenshots like the OP's well after the fact showing that it's not there, when it wouldn't be there for anybody because they already missed the window.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I love how CS trolls some people by sending them to the forums and other people by giving them a temporary 7* Negotiator.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    There is an issue submitted in Bug Reports about others having the same issue

I would bump that thread stating you are also experiencing it

EA_HighCommand is pretty active and flags bugs so the more people post in that bug report thread the quicker they will notice

I’ve never seen them compensate for bug reports (maybe they do?), and sometimes they flag and investigate a bug but take months to resolve it
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    Shyaldeth wrote: »
    Quick clarifying question. Are you level 85? I think I recall there being something about level 85 being Auto joined, but not lower levels. Can't tell you where I saw that though.

I am level 85 yes, I can remember clicking in last grand arena when it started but I believe I was auto joined as well. From what I remember last time, when I got a notification grand arena was starting, when I clicked in it had a certain amount of hours until it was starting.
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    There is an issue submitted in Bug Reports about others having the same issue

I would bump that thread stating you are also experiencing it

EA_HighCommand is pretty active and flags bugs so the more people post in that bug report thread the quicker they will notice

I’ve never seen them compensate for bug reports (maybe they do?), and sometimes they flag and investigate a bug but take months to resolve it

Thank you for your help, I will do that!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    See you in 6 weeks!

Have CG stated that you can join a GAC in progress?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    See you in 6 weeks!

Have CG stated that you can join a GAC in progress?

No, they stated that everybody eligible is automatically signed up for GAC. Which they are. And that you need to join the individual GAs. Which is exactly what I said.
  • The only problem here are **** who can't admit they never hit the JOIN button.

PEBKAC
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    The only problem here are **** who can't admit they never hit the JOIN button.

PEBKAC

Lol u right that’s 100% what I’m getting at good job u win gold medal and 8* Malak
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/209007/grand-arena-championship-crash-and-sign-up-issues#latest

Thank you to the devs for posting about this, I really appreciate it. If you are having any problems, please report them here.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/209007/grand-arena-championship-crash-and-sign-up-issues#latest

Thank you to the devs for posting about this, I really appreciate it. If you are having any problems, please report them here.
    Thanks for the heads up Ugluk. We are trying to gather more information about this issue. We haven't been able to identify a cause as it's happens so intermittently and our data of course doesn't show affected players joining. Head over the the AnswersHQ link above and share whatever information you can
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We are continuing to review the Grand Arena Championships for any issues during this exhibition. We’ve received reports of crashes during battle and players unable to enter Grand Arena. We are investigating further and are looking for more information.

If you experience either of these issues, please head over to this thread on Answers HQ and post the following information:

• What issue you are having?
    • Your Ally Code
    • Your phone model and firmware
    • When did you sign up for this Grand Arena?
    • Please send any screenshots or videos of the problem occurring
This discussion has been closed.