Why are ppl using weakest hero in leader slot????

This is very frustrating as a new player. I have lost several matches because ppl are putting their weakest heroes in leader slot. I hope this is addressed in the next update.

Replies

• If you are referring to PvP matches, then it is likely to mislead you into attacking a team that appears weak based on the lead, but then get trapped into a heavy synergy team that is hard to overcome. I actually use this tactic myself sometimes.

If you are referring to the standard missions, and the ally helper, then I would just suggest you add new people to your friends list.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    TimLeo87 wrote: »
    If you are referring to the standard missions, and the ally helper, then I would just suggest you add new people to your friends list.
    I'll occasionally put someone underpowered in there, because my best characters are the ones everyone has and so can't be chosen as team-ups anyway.

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • This is something that should be changed. It needs to be more like Galactic War. Once you click on the team, it should display the opponents team.
  • Nah arena match ups should stay a mystery, otherwise there's no risk if you can see what your up against and what you need to counter. And plus you'll lose places in the arena so easy and fast, you could drop from 200 to 2000 just because people know what they are up against. You can only fight 5 times whereas you can be attacked as many times as people wish. Regaining your position will become incredibly difficult let alone getting higher.
  • Salutations,

It may be, your cosmic problems can be dwindled into the simple story of a dark, yet brilliantly luminescent fish, the Anglerfish. It's dim bioluminescence lures in others, believing they have found a small, stray prey to sate their urges, but only to be devoured by the wide, and volatile, vitriolic maw of the beautiful, dissonant anglerfish.

The idea is to realize this. Instead of choosing the icon that may be the weakest, choose those that are obviously strong, even if it may be stronger than you. I myself have built up the wonder of Boba Fett far better than the others, though not lost to the garlic. In my party, I keep two strong entities, the others I manage later.

May The Force be with you.
  • Thanks everyone. As a new player coming from HODA I trying to understand the interface differences. Now that I've played a little more the power meter has help greatly. It's odd the dev's used health in HODA but use power in the game.
  • I knew your name was familiar red lol I remember you from HODA
  • Leader hero is often chosen for his skill that he gives the team. It might make sense to put a weaker 3 or 4 star hero as lead simply because their skill benefits the synergy of other strong charachters on the team.
  • This is something that should be changed. It needs to be more like Galactic War. Once you click on the team, it should display the opponents team.

No. I hope they don't do this ever. The ranking system as it is now would be even worse with no hidden factor(People would snipe even easier).

It is a valid strategy and you are falling for it
  • I'm not falling for it. I'm annoyed by it.
  • Is there a set way to ensure a specific hero is the one showing for allies to choose? I feel like I have a set one out there, but then someone tells me its a different hero.. or is it somewhat randomized as to what appears for you to choose from?
  • bump on DrearMunky's question
  • I have this idea that, if you take your light squad through a mission your leader will be available for light ally squads, vise versa for dark. Then you have catina will take your most powerful hero/villain . But I could be wrong
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • So far as I am aware, the character that shows up for other players to use, is the last leader you used in that game mode. So one each for light side battles, dark side battles, challenges and cantina battles.
This discussion has been closed.