G13 Darth Maul

Prev13
Has anyone taken their Darth Maul to G13?

I’m thinking about doing it for some reason.. he got a huge protection bump... does double damage to Jedis... applies a AOE daze...power of hatred mechanic supercharges him, he might be great for Geo TB waves...

Replies

• Then do it, why do you wait for others' approval...?
  • Not waiting for others approval, just trying to see if anybody else has done it...
  • I’ll let you know how he turns out...
  • You can use swgoh.gg to find the top players for each unit, here’s the link to darth maul.

https://swgoh.gg/stats/top-characters/speed/?f=Darth Maul

From looking I can’t see anyone who has taken him to g13 yet, your reasoning seems good so I’d say go for it
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    The best way to play the game is to play with the characters that you love. If Maul is one, by all means go for it.
    (I put Dooku and Sidious zetas on a year ago because I like the characters. ) I’m also intrigued by Sidious G13. Because of his zeta, he could be very healthy.
  • I’m going for it!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I didn't do it, but I also noticed he's one of the ones getting a good bump, he already received a good bump on readjustments and became a part of my traya team. Let us know how it goes.
  • KueChael wrote: »
    The best way to play the game is to play with the characters that you love. If Maul is one, by all means go for it.
    (I put Dooku and Sidious zetas on a year ago because I like the characters. ) I’m also intrigued by Sidious G13. Because of his zeta, he could be very healthy.

This is definitely not the best way to play. Most of my favorite characters really stink. If you like losing this is the best way to play. I'm a big Ugnaught fan even if I g13 him it isn't going to help his play ability much.
  • I’m going to G13 all my Sith...
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »

This is definitely not the best way to play. Most of my favorite characters really stink. If you like losing this is the best way to play. I'm a big Ugnaught fan even if I g13 him it isn't going to help his play ability much.

Actually the best way to play is however the hell you want to.

If your favorite characters were Jedi (like me) it worked wonderfully for the last year. But most of the people playing - aren't doing everything they can go get to top50 Arena. We play for Fun, and fun can be however we make it. If you like the competive nature more then great, do that. But don't act like you have the "best" way, because my "best" is way more fun to me than chasing GD seperatist droids.
  • Sith > everything
  • Sith > everything

False

Empire > everything
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member

Oh ya? I don't love KOTOR so I haven't had those chars which means I don't have JKR, Dreven or Malak. I don't like the new Disney movies so I haven't gotten First Order which means I haven't gotten BB8 which means I haven't gotten JTR. I also think the BH ships are dumb so I don't have Han's ****.

I do however like PvP and raiding. How much fun do you think I'm having?

He didn't say anything about fun. He said it's the best way to play. Honestly if you have an issue with that many of the characters then why even play the game? We all have parts of star wars that aren't our favorite (mines the Phoenix team) but we farm them anyway because they're a part of star wars and necessary for the game
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    You can use swgoh.gg to find the top players for each unit, here’s the link to darth maul.

https://swgoh.gg/stats/top-characters/speed/?f=Darth Maul

From looking I can’t see anyone who has taken him to g13 yet, your reasoning seems good so I’d say go for it

You can also use swgoh.gg to find the number of people who have taken a character to g13

https://swgoh.gg/characters/data/g13/

4 people have done maul.
  • Four of the smartest people in the game....
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »

Actually the best way to play is however the hell you want to.

If your favorite characters were Jedi (like me) it worked wonderfully for the last year. But most of the people playing - aren't doing everything they can go get to top50 Arena. We play for Fun, and fun can be however we make it. If you like the competive nature more then great, do that. But don't act like you have the "best" way, because my "best" is way more fun to me than chasing GD seperatist droids.

I get the whole play who you like thing, but keep in mind OP came here asking for advice. That wouldn't matter to someone who didn't care about actually winning sometimes.
  • I mean if you can win with a character that you like that’s the best case scenario...
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

Actually, it is the worst way to play this game.
    You will get yourself into unending funnel of loosing arena - loosing crystals gain - loosing advantage to keep up on arena...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

You will get yourself into unending funnel of loosing arena - loosing crystals gain - loosing advantage to keep up on arena...

Actually there's no "right" way to play this game. You just have different goals.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Faffyd
    38 posts Member

Not everyone plays to keep up

Most of my guild don’t rush for the next best characters, not many are high ranking in arena , about 33% have jedi rey, less have chewie and 3p0 ,we only have 8 players with Revan and 4 with darth Revan and I think 1 with Malak, about 13 or so don't even have raid Han

of course we like to win tw and ga but no one is too bothered if we don’t, the enjoyment comes from taking part and trying new things to try and beat an opponent , it’s all very casual

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    TVF wrote: »

Actually there's no "right" way to play this game. You just have different goals.

Not true.....haven't you read the forums? There are 100 ways to play the game right and everyone else is wrong
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

Not true.....haven't you read the forums? There are 100 ways to play the game right and everyone else is wrong

I got my 7* Negotiator how about you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

I got my 7* Negotiator how about you?

Yes, I complained about the cost of mod swapping and was compensated with the Negotiator and a 7* Wat Tambor
  • I've been behind for a year and am barely catching up in arena and fleet. If you are in the top 10 on your shard and can afford the divergence then I say go for it, G13ing maul shouldn't pull you out of top 10. Putting G13ing maul as your 1st priority however, sounds like a bad idea.
  • I already have my DR, HK47, BSF, and Sith Marauder all G13..
    I’m Malak ready...whenever they decide to bring him back..
    So I’m going to G13 Maul, Traya, Nihilus, Sion, and Thrawn..
  • Do it! Maul is easily one of my favourite characters both in the game and star wars in general. I'll definitely be taking him to g13 myself but sadly there's a couple of toons I have to do first out of force of necessity.
This discussion has been closed.