Google Play Login Issue: Possible Work Around

Prev134
Hi Everyone,

We are aware of an issue where players' Google Play accounts are not being displayed when prompted to log into their account. We are actively looking into this problem and working on a solution. While we work to provide a fix, please try these steps to see if this addresses the issue. We are also aware that this won’t address the issue for everyone, but should for some amount of players. Reportedly, players seeing this condition on one device can still login to their account in our game on a different device. If you have access to another Android device, please try to access your account to ensure the problem is only on the device where you originally saw this problem.

ISSUE: When prompted to log into Google Play account, no accounts on device are visible.

STEPS TO ADDRESS
  • Enable 'auto sync' for 'Google Play Services': 'Settings' > 'Accounts' > 'Google' > Your Account > 'Google Play Services' > Check & Sync All
  • Clear 'Google Play Games' cache and data: 'Settings' > 'Application Manager' > 'All' > 'Google Play Games' > Clear Cache & Data
  • Clear 'Google Play Services' cache and data: 'Settings' > 'Application Manager' > 'All' > 'Google Play Services' > Clear Cache & Data
  • Uninstall 'Google Play Games' updates: 'Settings' > 'Application Manager' > 'All' > 'Google Play Games' > Uninstall Updates, Clear Cache & Data
  • Restart phone.
  • Clear 'Google Play Store' cache and data: 'Settings' > 'Application Manager' > 'All' > 'Google Play Store' > Clear Cache & Data
  • Clear 'Download Manager' cache and data: 'Settings' > 'Application Manager' > 'All' > 'Download Manager' > Clear Cache & Data
  • Enable 'Download Manager' AND/OR 'Downloads': 'Settings' > 'Application Manager' > 'All' > 'Download Manager' AND/OR 'Downloads' > Enable (If Disabled)
  • Update 'Google Play Games': 'Play Store' > Search 'Google Play Games' > 'Update' (if available)
  • Restart phone.
  • Attempt to authenticate with Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

Please let us know if this issue did or did not work for you. Thank you for your patience.

Replies

• It didnt work for me. I did all the steps in that exact order. And it logged me into the lvl 2 acct that the game made me create. It made go through tutorial to be able to try to investigate if i could recover my acct in game. But i just cant find my account anywhre
  • Same here. Having the same issues as stated. Tried all the steps in order on my phone. Also tried on my tablet and still no go.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    xCapGamesx_Motz,
    I do not have a button for google login in SWGoH setup menu. EA customer service have written - it is because you initial login as guest with selecting child's age. Next version of game will let you change the age and it will draw a login button in setup menu.
    Do you have any info , when it will be possible to do ? Without it I am not able to do any purchases.
  • @Solid_PR @rimsey - Sorry to hear this did not work. I will relay this information to our team to understand why this is not working for you.

For anyone running into this issue, could you please directly send me your:
    • Device
    • OS level/version
    • Google Play Services Version
    • Name of the account being used

With this information, we will work with our partners at Google to dig into the root cause of the issue.

@Tomek - I'm looking into the issue of being able to change your age. Hopefully, I will have an answer for you soon.
  • zaza
    48 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    omg I cant log in either and i have close to 2000$ invested in this account my screen name is zaza on android i can't find the step you suggested ( phone noob ) i just tried out mortal kombat X and there was no problem my account was still there as always!!! help please!

everyday i finish 1st in my network and im now building barris since I can't beat yoda with my five 7* jedi i have so i will be investing more in order to do that and now this process is compromise y this and yoda challenge is only 6 day long so what the hell
  • zaza
    48 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    edit i realised i can still log in on my old samsung s4 mini phone but not on my brand new S6 is that an indication of something i should try?
  • zaza
    48 posts Member
    id : r4n8o0WbsSWSXMxZtXW4Z0Q picked up on my s4 that can still conect my real starwars account if that helps

• @Tomek - I'm looking into the issue of being able to change your age. Hopefully, I will have an answer for you soon.

I have the same issue in my Nexus 7 tablet.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Mattercito
    70 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Same issue here.

Im logged to my Google Play Store account but when i start the game it says i have to create a new id, it didnt show my account so i cant log in to it.

:(

EDIT: Solved it. I disabled the Google Play Store and enabled it again. Now i have an older version and then i could log in to my google account.
    Post edited by Mattercito on
  • @Solid_PR @rimsey - Sorry to hear this did not work. I will relay this information to our team to understand why this is not working for you.

• Device
    • OS level/version

With this information, we will work with our partners at Google to dig into the root cause of the issue.

@Tomek - I'm looking into the issue of being able to change your age. Hopefully, I will have an answer for you soon.

It worked for me after i continued. I got first on the lvl 2 acct since it was unavoidable. Then i hit the options and tried to sign to google play. It asked me to create a name. I put in a random name and suddenly my main lvl 70 acct logged in.
  • Rock5566
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I tried that as it didn't work..I've uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times cleaned out swgoh cache and rebooted phone Samsung galaxy s5 I can't seem to get the game to launch beyond the loading cantina screen..all my phone apps are up to date any suggestions? I can't even get a new account to start either tried that
  • What worked for me was I went through the tutorial, and when I got the option to get to Settings, I closed out the game and killed the process. Opened up the Play Games app (green gamepad icon) and it prompted me to create a Gamer ID. I did. Opened the game back up and chose the option to sign into Google Play Games with the new random name it gave me. Game reset and started back up, and it again prompted me to log in to Google Play Games. I selected the option to do so, the Google Play Games "logging in" overlay appeared (looking slightly different), and I was back into my account and updated to where I had been, complete with old, not-so-random random name. Don't know how much of that was necessary, but that's what I did and it worked.

Looks like Google updated their Play Games app, and something along the line got borked. Times like these I'm glad I'm F2P. If I'd put money into this game, I'd have probably had a stroke before I even got to the point where I logged back in...
  • Same problem here. It didn't work for me neither.
  • Tried the steps advised, no luck on SGN 10.1 (2014) Android 4.1.2
  • Ugh I also can't log in says connection error... Really... How do we go by and get steps to start reimbursement steps if this isn't fixed this is a time sensitive game and every day you lose geound...
  • Submitted ticket
  • Having the problem and nothing working. How do i log a ticket?

I use an LG3. Android. Google play version 3.6.27
  • Update: I'm able to login now, thank you!
  • Randel
    17 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    For those who don't have a second device I recommend "BlueStacks App Player" for the computer, if you're able to use it. I can neither login on my phone nor on a friend's phone. BlueStacks App Player helped a lot actually. After doing the tutorial everything is back normally.
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    Dave_Vadar wrote: »
    Having the problem and nothing working. How do i log a ticket?

I use an LG3. Android. Google play version 3.6.27

I'm having same issue as this guy
  • Every time I start the game it takes me to the tutorial and won't load my account.
  • @Reese: Are you the Reese from my server? If so, I have only met one other from the server named Tritium
  • Why does this game not support Facebook login, sync, and restore system like EA SIMCITY BUILD IT? This game is very uncomfortable for saving and restoreing the account.
  • Same problem here.

I play in a LG G3 stylus cell phone
    I was on level 70
    My username was 3mu3rt3s
    Ally code was 452 692 991

Hoping for a solution.
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    Any update on this?
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    ...this makes me sad
  • orbi
    27 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Happened to me as well today.
    I chose a random name in the registration process and got logged in into my main again.
    But no arena sniping today since it happened right before payout time :(
    Post edited by orbi on

• Device
    • OS level/version

Lg p880
    Latest version
    Wen Qualto
    Player id Bg_gj_pjgQPWZm0mv0D_dgw
    @xCapGamesx_Motz
    the cake is a lie
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    I'm assuming this isn't getting fixed because of Google, right?