Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• keknoby
    93 posts Member
    did the grand arena championship re-use the defense settings i have set the first day ?
    or shall i set my defense manually every day ?
  • keknoby wrote: »
    did the grand arena championship re-use the defense settings i have set the first day ?
    or shall i set my defense manually every day ?

@keknoby Great question, and if it does reuse them, do you get the points for setting defenses? I would think so, but....past is prologue
  • jjjwar
    17 posts Member
    So what is the point of me going up against someone with 1 million more gp than me? Makes no sense.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    I don't quite understand the divisions - why have them?
    Are they used for anything? Rewards are the same, and they get ignored in matchmaking anyway.
    I thought they'd have divisions, and within each one they'd work out over the championship weeks who had the better list/ability (broad would end up fighting in carbonite/bronzium, while focused progress up to kyber).
    But now they seem irrelevant - we have 4 in div4, and other 4 in div3 this GA.
    Love to see common team slots at least per division - missing a lot of points in some matches compared to scoreboards it seems. Can have a flawless victory and still be hundreds of points down in the 'division' ladder.
    All a bit confusing so far.
    Guess its early days, and things may change still. Hopefully.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Wimma wrote: »
    I don't quite understand the divisions - why have them?
    Are they used for anything? Rewards are the same, and they get ignored in matchmaking anyway.
    I thought they'd have divisions, and within each one they'd work out over the championship weeks who had the better list/ability (broad would end up fighting in carbonite/bronzium, while focused progress up to kyber).
    But now they seem irrelevant - we have 4 in div4, and other 4 in div3 this GA.
    Love to see common team slots at least per division - missing a lot of points in some matches compared to scoreboards it seems. Can have a flawless victory and still be hundreds of points down in the 'division' ladder.
    All a bit confusing so far.
    Guess its early days, and things may change still. Hopefully.

If you check league climbing structures you'll find out they are employed in a way that compansates the difference between defense slots. You are low gp and have 5 slots? I have 8, I can possibly earn much more banners than you. On a single division where everyone melts into one won't have a chance to earn as much as me. Besides they constrict you to a competition in your division, i.e. veterans fall into div1-2 and maybe 3. So if you are not one as such, your final placement won't be against veterans. So it's not useless.

And yea it causes a cross-division problem where people in the same division are able to earn more banners than the rest of the others. I don't see cross-division problem as a fairness problem of the matches themselves, it's a problem for those competing within the same division and the banners they are capable of earning.
  • Will I ever be able to complete my kenobi quest or is normal GA over and I wont be able to complete the quest. I only need one more to complete it☹️
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    I'm in a massive whale group for the second championship running. Can't compete with 7* g13 malaks, GG, badstilla, drevans. I'm 4.1, FTP. All 7 are at least 600k more. I'm the only one with zero g13s and the only one without 7* malak. In normal ga I never finished below 2nd. Feel like I'm being punished for being good at it. I'm not one to complain but this matchmaking is massively unfair.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    I'm in a massive whale group for the second championship running. Can't compete with 7* g13 malaks, GG, badstilla, drevans. I'm 4.1, FTP. All 7 are at least 600k more. I'm the only one with zero g13s and the only one without 7* malak. In normal ga I never finished below 2nd. Feel like I'm being punished for being good at it. I'm not one to complain but this matchmaking is massively unfair.

Sounds like you're missing how it works. 😉
    Work on your hard counters, get them into your top 80 and you'll be undefeated like me
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    I have the lowest GP in my bracket. My current opponent has one third of my GP as an advantage, and twice as many zetas.

A friends guildmate is up against someone with one million GP advantage, and their opponent is very focused with all the meta teams.

Weeeeeee
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    I have the lowest GP in my bracket. My current opponent has one third of my GP as an advantage, and twice as many zetas.

A friends guildmate is up against someone with one million GP advantage, and their opponent is very focused with all the meta teams.

Weeeeeee

Anither person who can't read how it works.. 😆 weeeee
  • hedeboe
    10 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I am again playing against much better players. All with G13, 7star Malaks. I don’t even have Malak yet. It’s a certain 8 place. No reason to setup teams at all. Whats the point with this. Should it not be equals matched? Not fun for the others either, facing my walkover team.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    hedeboe wrote: »
    I am again playing against much better players. All with G13, 7star Malaks. I don’t even have Malak yet. It’s a certain 8 place. No reason to setup teams at all. Whats the point with this. Should it not be equals matched? Not fun for the others either, facing my walkover team.

I only have 1 g13 so far, and I don't have Darth revan or Malak.. I'm undefeated. That's not a good excuse. 😊
    The top gp matching is pretty on point so far, so maybe you should actually give it try instead of bemoaning your expected defeat.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Seems like they need to expand the 'scope' of the match making algorithm to take into account not 100% of teams needed, but 135%/140% of the 'top teams' needed (8 slots/10/etc.) to try to stop these gross matchups where someones middle roster destroys yours and gives them a huge advantage.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I'm honestly amazed at the amount of GA ( and now the inferior Gac) that has been won by IPD for me.

That one shot team wide damage is just so helpful. No wonder they want us to not do Hoth.
  • Where is Banshee and General Grevious?? As an NS user where are they???
  • Sydre
    14 posts Member
    8kku7un4o0ia.jpg A tie ending in a loss based on GP is stupid
  • Caren
    44 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    So in the first round of GAC, I faced a player called ”Southce6510 on Discord”. In the second round of GAC, I’m facing the same player. Same ally code. I thought we were not going to face the same people twice? Here is the results of that battle: vvo2bn6phlkp.jpeg
    Here is today’s opponent: wj1h2up3kfvu.png

• So two GACs under the new matching system and people like me are getting boned SO hard. I went from 1st or 2nd every time to 7th or 8th guaranteed. And no amount of better strategy or better mods can help. Let's break this current **** fest down ey?
    My GP is 3.2mil. My opponents are 3.7, 3.8, 3.8, 3.8, 3.7, 3.6, & 3.8. Meaning an average GP discrepancy of 500k.
    "But they're only counting toons" Fine
    2.08 to 2.3, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.25, 2.17, 2.4. Meaning an average toon discrepancy of 200k.
    "But they only count the Top X amount of toon GP" Fine.
    Yes, my current opponent and I are "evenly matched" as our Top 70 GP is both at 1.4mil. What this DOESN'T take into account is the rest of my opponent's roster is 300k deeper. Meaning they're much more likely to have all those secondary characters they need to unlock all the big legendary characters. You know, the ones you only need to get to 7* and g7-9 and that's it. The ones that absolutely don't get accounted for in the new matching system.
    I may have 2-3 really good A type teams, but every single one of my opponents has 4-5. And in GA, that's pretty much insurmountable. Every single match, it's almost guaranteed there'll be one or two teams I simply can not counter. Because everything needed for that counter team, is in that not accounted for part of my opponent's roster. A roster I have no business facing because they're clearly on a different level than me. I've no issue with losing to someone who I'm on par with cause they had a better strategy or better mods or RNG was just on their side. But losing because I'm outmatched in every way with zero hope of winning a single match? Why should I even play the game at that point? But I know, I know. The "system is working as intended" and we're "evenly matched". Mickey gotta get that cheddah yo.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    So two GACs under the new matching system and people like me are getting boned SO hard. I went from 1st or 2nd every time to 7th or 8th guaranteed. And no amount of better strategy or better mods can help. Let's break this current **** fest down ey?
    My GP is 3.2mil. My opponents are 3.7, 3.8, 3.8, 3.8, 3.7, 3.6, & 3.8. Meaning an average GP discrepancy of 500k.
    "But they're only counting toons" Fine
    2.08 to 2.3, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.25, 2.17, 2.4. Meaning an average toon discrepancy of 200k.
    "But they only count the Top X amount of toon GP" Fine.
    Yes, my current opponent and I are "evenly matched" as our Top 70 GP is both at 1.4mil. What this DOESN'T take into account is the rest of my opponent's roster is 300k deeper. Meaning they're much more likely to have all those secondary characters they need to unlock all the big legendary characters. You know, the ones you only need to get to 7* and g7-9 and that's it. The ones that absolutely don't get accounted for in the new matching system.
    I may have 2-3 really good A type teams, but every single one of my opponents has 4-5. And in GA, that's pretty much insurmountable. Every single match, it's almost guaranteed there'll be one or two teams I simply can not counter. Because everything needed for that counter team, is in that not accounted for part of my opponent's roster. A roster I have no business facing because they're clearly on a different level than me. I've no issue with losing to someone who I'm on par with cause they had a better strategy or better mods or RNG was just on their side. But losing because I'm outmatched in every way with zero hope of winning a single match? Why should I even play the game at that point? But I know, I know. The "system is working as intended" and we're "evenly matched". Mickey gotta get that cheddah yo.

Legendary toons have nothing to do with gp. Basically, your lack of focus on legendary toons is your problem, and/or the easily obtained counters to them. Instead, you upgraded other toons to the point where your top 80gp matched a player with much more focus on GA/ tw. it was bind to happen. That's nobody's fault but your own.
  • Thats a normal GAC match for me
    7m577a5puaxs.jpeg

I know i will lose again all 3 rounds cause i haven't the characters, the mods and the highend gear to beat my opponents g13 Malaks 🤷‍♂️ But honestly i don't care.
    CG said, GAC is or should be a challenge... and yes they are absolutely right, it's a super challenge for me to try to beat my opponents 1000$ squads with my F2P squads.
    Do i have a fair chance? No. But it is ok. 👌
    You can't have everything, but i have fun on offense and i can try a lot of things on offense.
    And my opponents? I don't think so cause i set just the weakest characters i have on defense 😝
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Legendary toons have nothing to do with gp. Basically, your lack of focus on legendary toons is your problem, and/or the easily obtained counters to them. Instead, you upgraded other toons to the point where your top 80gp matched a player with much more focus on GA/ tw. it was bind to happen. That's nobody's fault but your own.

You've got such a ridiculously myopic view on things. The matchup is clearly weighted against TheMefisto account, and there isn't anything he can do about it.

Sure, he picks what he farms, and such... but the guy has an advantage of the width of his account versus MeFisto.

You're basically saying, "Its your fault that your opponent had the opportunity to develop longer/more toons than you did. You just need to figure out a counter to that stupid."

That's just wrong.

This is the kind of unleveled playing field that will lead players that previously loved Grand Arena to lose interest and eventually leave the game.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    jjjwar wrote: »
    So what is the point of me going up against someone with 1 million more gp than me? Makes no sense.

without a roster comparison this post makes no sense.... He can have 2 million more GP than you and you could still crush him if he CANNOT beat one of your teams with 120 toons...

not saying this is the case but GP does not always mean it's a mismatch..... If i have 1.3 MILLION more ship GP than you who cares
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

You've got such a ridiculously myopic view on things. The matchup is clearly weighted against TheMefisto account, and there isn't anything he can do about it.

Sure, he picks what he farms, and such... but the guy has an advantage of the width of his account versus MeFisto.

You're basically saying, "Its your fault that your opponent had the opportunity to develop longer/more toons than you did. You just need to figure out a counter to that stupid."

That's just wrong.

This is the kind of unleveled playing field that will lead players that previously loved Grand Arena to lose interest and eventually leave the game.

That's not what I said at all, I said having specific legendaries isn't a factor. Without a dsr comparison, he's only worrying the discrepancies in total or toon gp basically. The other guy is likely complaining in the forums for the opposite reason, he has all g12s asked this guy has every zeta. The whole point is that top 80 gp is a match, so you can look at both sides and complain about something, really. His matchup looks no different than mine, but since I have mostly counter teams, I view it as a challenge, but beatable. That's all
  • "For the first time ever in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, we are introducing global leaderboards, so you’ll finally be able to answer the question: “Do you have what it takes to be the greatest in the galaxy?”"

So at the end of most current GA battle (before players had time to deploy defense for the next round), 2 of the top 10 at the Chromium level (highest league reached so far) in Division 2 have CLS as their most recent meta and 2 had JKR. The 2 running CLS didn't have JKR nor Treya and none of them had DR, Malik, Padme, nor Brood. None of them have geared droids either.

So in a game that is primarily about collecting, gearing, and modding the best characters and supporting teams, how are these players considered "to be the greatest in the galaxy?" The old match making system had it's problems, but it was a far better system IF the goal is to reward the best players. This isn't a game of skill, it's a game of strategy and roster building. This match making system isn't leading to a leaderboard that reflects who the best players in their division are.
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Hi, I'd like to report a bug. I did not get the chance to join the last GA. I don't know why, because I was able to join the one before it, but for some reason, I was not given the option to join. I know this because I check SWGOH at every meal.
  • CG and EA, if you read posts just want to let you know I gave GA a chance with new matchups. Now after playing and trying you putting me at <3m up against almost 4m go teams I will no longer spend a single dollar on your game. I don't have the depth needed to compete and I'm being blown out. Thanks for ruining the game for me and congratulations on loosing a paying customer/gamer.
  • Dramgon
    86 posts Member
    Add me to the list. Come on GA, how hard can this be. My overall GP is 3.9 million - 2.3 in characters and 1.6 in ships. GA has been pretty great up until my last battle. Thought I might be able to overcome my opponent, but he one shotted everything I had after leaving some good defense up. After being bummed out about the loss, I looked back at his GP, and there is the issue. 4.4 million GP. How was I supposed to win.

Total character GP - Mine, 2,322,629 His, 2,661,475 - Difference 338,846.

I don't mind going up against some challengers that have 20, 30 or even 50k more character GP then I do, but almost 340K difference is a really big gap. Others have reported even larger gaps then that.

I've won all my battles up until this points, was trying to compete for a top 100 spot, just to watch all my dreams get crushed by an opponent I should have never faced.

Kiss Kyber goodbye....

Why do I buy anything form this game?