SWGOH > MSF re:youtubers

Boba_The_Fetter
3393 posts Member
edited July 2019
OK I wanna preface this by saying that star wars galaxy of heroes (SWGOH) is WAY better than marvel strike force (MSF) for many reasons.

https://youtu.be/wMNDl1cRWwg

If you watch the video you will see the two biggest youtubers in SWGOH and MSF compare the two games and I can not sit idely by while they talk down on SWGOH and praise MSF.

First off, MSF is far more p2w than SWGOH. I have played both games since infancy and I guarantee you MSF is a far larger cash grab than SWGOH. Do not be swayed by the fact that MSF is in an earlier stage of the life cycle than SWGOH.

Secondly SWGOH has far more DIVERSE game modes and although it does focus on making money, it does so in a way that you live through sagas of the star wars universes.

MSF consists of only money making methods. It is based solely on taking as much cash from you as possible and it's game mechanics are agregously more predative from stark tech to red stars to how they manage orbs and rewards of any nature.

The YouTubers are clearly upset with the status quo as per the game changer developments and have a clearly biased opinion towards promoting MSF.

SO I urge anyone who watched the video to think twice about changing game or if you spend to urge you to stay here because MSF is a much larger sink hole and far less worth it than SWGOH.

Replies

• I don’t think they are trying to sway players from one game to the other.
  • Oldeuboi wrote: »
    I don’t think they are trying to sway players from one game to the other.

Agree with this. IIRC, the Game Changer program effectively prevented them from creating content for other games, including MSF. Now that the program has dissolved, all the Yourtubers are free to create whatever content they want on whatever topic they please. Highly doubt any non-SWGOH videos are trying to sway the player base away from this game.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    I wouldn't know. Tried to download MSF on my samsung: "Marvel Strike Force is not compatible with this device. Tried to download it on my ipad2: "Marvel Strike Force is not compatible with this device". Then tried it with my ipad4: "Marvel Strike Force is not compatible with this device". Great. A new game that can't be played on any devices.

Anyway, I like the Star Wars universe more, so I'll survive without it.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Both games have their flaws, and both games have their good points. I’ve played both since launch ( was in beta for MSF) and I enjoy both. MSF does have more to do and I do wish that some on the things on their would make their way towards swgoh. One thing is dark dimension. I think that mode would fit great in swgoh. It would give us something to do when everything else is done.

And another thing they do that would help out here.....They REFRESH the stores, they don’t get beyond stale like the ones here. Biggest pet peeve about swgoh.
  • I'd bet they're talking about Strike Force only as a way to get under CG's skin. It's mostly posturing trying to light a fire under the developers. As someone who has played both, I can't imagine anyone who isn't obsessed with Marvel switching to that game and finding it a sanctuary.
  • AhnaldT101
    140 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Yeah I don't think you heard the part that we said SWGoH is better than MSF lol Galaxy of Heroes is far better than MSF but there is a lot of stuff SWGoH could learn from MSF and that is the point we were making. To say SWGoH can't learn or take anything from MSF to be better is very ignorant. SWGoH is awesome but it has its own flaws. We aren't trying to tell people to stop playing this game, quite the opposite frankly and there is nothing wrong with wanting to talk or play other games. I think its important to keep an open mind and consider that other games might have some good aspects about themselves that is worth incorporating into this game. Hope that clarifies things for you since it seems like you kind of misunderstood the commentary a bit.
  • play games without microtransactions already ....

**** u know modern games are bad when no microtransactions is the selling point for a game lol
  • I wholeheartedly can not agree with this post to be frank. I have been playing both games for quite some time, and I will share my 3 main points on why MSF is superior to SWGOH.

>:) First off, in swgoh it is mandatory to take a toon to 7 stars and G13 (minimum) before you can even utilize that character. The grind is painful, and at times I find myself gearing/farming 10 plus toons at a time just to keep up with the Joneses. If a character is not aligned to the above info, they are rendered useless, period.
    In MSF you can enjoy the game with all of the toons you have regardless of their star power or gear. This advantage in MSF allows the player to enjoy all of the game modes immediately. In MSF you do not have to wait until your whole 5 toon squad is maxed before you can use it in raids, TW, or TB unlike swgoh.

B) Second point is farming/shards. Swgoh is brutally painful in this regard. For an example, I have been farming the Mandalorian squad for the past few months, and every single day without refreshes, I find that on average I get 1 shard per 5 rolls. In MSF they constantly throw large amounts of shards to the masses. I constantly find myself getting awarded 25-50 shards on toons for doing basic dailies and events, and this not only makes it fun, but it also keeps the game progressive as you can use the unmaxed toons in all game modes. I am constantly unlocking new toons in MSF, and it does not take much to make them useable in every single game mode.

:* Lastly is the graphics. Do I really need to elaborate? MSF is barnone and hands down superior in this regard. Swgoh developers are lazy, and are honestly not capable of creating a graphicly fun experience for the end-user. The game has been stale for years, and the developers refuse to introduce nice graphics, cut scenes, or innovative game modes (can we get a new raid??!!). In MSF the graphics are explosive, the characters special moves are drastically different, and I am never disappointed with their capabilities and desire to impress their audience.

In closing, they are both fun games perspectivally. But at the end of the day swgoh has fallen asleep at the wheel, and they refuse to do anything about it. Statistactlty MSF is a superior game, and I look forward to all of their new game modes, graphics, and events (unlike swgoh).

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Summer of 2019, good times.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I wholeheartedly can not agree with this post to be frank. I have been playing both games for quite some time, and I will share my 3 main points on why MSF is superior to SWGOH.

>:) First off, in swgoh it is mandatory to take a toon to 7 stars and G13 (minimum) before you can even utilize that character. The grind is painful, and at times I find myself gearing/farming 10 plus toons at a time just to keep up with the Joneses. If a character is not aligned to the above info, they are rendered useless, period.
    In MSF you can enjoy the game with all of the toons you have regardless of their star power or gear. This advantage in MSF allows the player to enjoy all of the game modes immediately. In MSF you do not have to wait until your whole 5 toon squad is maxed before you can use it in raids, TW, or TB unlike swgoh.

B) Second point is farming/shards. Swgoh is brutally painful in this regard. For an example, I have been farming the Mandalorian squad for the past few months, and every single day without refreshes, I find that on average I get 1 shard per 5 rolls. In MSF they constantly throw large amounts of shards to the masses. I constantly find myself getting awarded 25-50 shards on toons for doing basic dailies and events, and this not only makes it fun, but it also keeps the game progressive as you can use the unmaxed toons in all game modes. I am constantly unlocking new toons in MSF, and it does not take much to make them useable in every single game mode.

:* Lastly is the graphics. Do I really need to elaborate? MSF is barnone and hands down superior in this regard. Swgoh developers are lazy, and are honestly not capable of creating a graphicly fun experience for the end-user. The game has been stale for years, and the developers refuse to introduce nice graphics, cut scenes, or innovative game modes (can we get a new raid??!!). In MSF the graphics are explosive, the characters special moves are drastically different, and I am never disappointed with their capabilities and desire to impress their audience.

In closing, they are both fun games perspectivally. But at the end of the day swgoh has fallen asleep at the wheel, and they refuse to do anything about it. Statistactlty MSF is a superior game, and I look forward to all of their new game modes, graphics, and events (unlike swgoh).

Well it's easy to critique a year and a half later. At the time MSF was a joke. I have however changed my mind. MSF is in a much better place at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.