Which reinforcement ship is best post update?

Olddumper
3000 posts Member

Which reinforcement ship is best post update? 56 votes

Vader
12%
ShaunyveeKyJoe_CoolthomssiFREEDOMfromSwitcherooMugami_Chinzano1xrayxtals 7 votes
Phantom II
37%
leefVertigoOlddumperBamWrathKiritoismynameSnowlock2017PowerPeteYKMisfitKutalionSRBBobaFetaCheeseK33p3r_ofthe_C00LFirebrigadeHanikan_SolowalkerRon_ONeal35DaPowerfulJediDarthSolmanMaslyna882Sithlord1230flaviobarrosBrashSchwartz 21 votes
Plo
10%
Zombie961Cesare_SwiftgordonjonesCahhmaktMoroveusRoopehun 6 votes
Other
39%
SarcodinodiangeloBlackIrishleefTooLPseudotWoodrowardDorianBladeJDK82DarthGugelSectionRatioSalatious_ScrumShokK33p3r_ofthe_C00LQuendiXBubbaFettCalastarNil0Vendi1983Garm_Halcyon 22 votes

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Other
    ow snap, was wondering why 2 people voted for the phantom, but fully maxed "covert strike" may very well be a gamechanger haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Sun Fac is pretty good with a (potential) double stun right out of the gate, and you don't even have to use reinforcement mats to get it.

But yeah Phantom looks amazing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I fought a guy with the Phantom maxed yesterday. Worked great, BUT the AI called some other ship instead of the Ghost. Still a very good ability.
  • Other
    I think Lando's Millenium Falcon may qualify as a solid "best" option right now. I do love the Phantom II ability when fully maxed, but the LMF brings a lot of potential to the table to not just screw someone over, but do a lot of quick damage.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    I fought a guy with the Phantom maxed yesterday. Worked great, BUT the AI called some other ship instead of the Ghost. Still a very good ability.

I'm working on the Phantom pilots and I don't even think I'll bother with Ghost.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ghost and phantom got me in top 20 in 1.0. I think they will be good with Akbar in 2.0 but have not upgraded Akbar enough to test yet.
  • Sun Fac is very good as your first reinforcement.
  • The big problem with reinforcements right now is you will only be assured of using the one with maxed reinforcement mats on offense. The AI may not select your one with the mats.

I ran my team on auto and it picked the same reinforcements in the same order both times, even with differing placement. This is as-advertised. I have Reaper, SF, FOTP, and Scimitar in reinforcements. It picked SF, then Scimitar. I'm going to keep experimenting, but this leads me to believe you might have limited ability to manipulate your reinforcements. It's risky, but if you limit the number of reinforcements, you may be able to drive the AI a little.

It would be interesting to see if the AI automatically picked your reinforcement with the strongest reinforcement abilities first.

Anyone have more data they are willing to share?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Phantom II
    The big problem with reinforcements right now is you will only be assured of using the one with maxed reinforcement mats on offense. The AI may not select your one with the mats.

I ran my team on auto and it picked the same reinforcements in the same order both times, even with differing placement. This is as-advertised. I have Reaper, SF, FOTP, and Scimitar in reinforcements. It picked SF, then Scimitar. I'm going to keep experimenting, but this leads me to believe you might have limited ability to manipulate your reinforcements. It's risky, but if you limit the number of reinforcements, you may be able to drive the AI a little.

It would be interesting to see if the AI automatically picked your reinforcement with the strongest reinforcement abilities first.

It does not. I run a maxed Vader off the bench and I had to drop boba because he jumps the gun.
  • Other
    Olddumper wrote: »
    The big problem with reinforcements right now is you will only be assured of using the one with maxed reinforcement mats on offense. The AI may not select your one with the mats.

It does not. I run a maxed Vader off the bench and I had to drop boba because he jumps the gun.

Me too, I dropped Boba and Sun Fac because I wanted Ghost as my first reinforcement.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Phantom II
    I've got to say that the top 3 are so OP that other is wrong. If you are thinking SF, he should be a starter. 1 extra stun isn't worth the wait. His ship is just awesome and wrecks from the start.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Phantom II

Me too, I dropped Boba and Sun Fac because I wanted Ghost as my first reinforcement.

SF is worth a start. Best starting comps for thrawn or tarkin are either geos or SF TFP Biggs with Phantom and vader screaming in behind the tanks.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I swear they put up a post somewhere a few days after 2.0 released explaining the reinforcement AI a little better, but no matter where I look I just can't find it.

All I remember--assuming I didn't come up with it in a fever dream or anything--is that the AI determines if you have greater or fewer ships than your opponent, then if you have fewer it will bring in a defensive ship (Boba, Scimitar, etc) to keep your fleet alive, and if you have more it will bring in an offensive ship (Poe, Vader) to press your advantage. I don't know what it does if you have the same number of ships, though. Maybe it calculates health and protection and defaults to more or less again?

But, and this is VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE, I'm going off of a half-remembered post that I can't find anywhere any longer. So take it with a hefty dose of scepticism.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Other

SF is worth a start. Best starting comps for thrawn or tarkin are either geos or SF TFP Biggs with Phantom and vader screaming in behind the tanks.

Will try this starting line up later. Haven't seen how the AI works SF.
  • Plo
    Plo Koon but not as the first reinforcement
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Phantom II
    Cahhmakt wrote: »
    Plo Koon but not as the first reinforcement

Plo Koon is a great second reinforcement imo. First reinforcement he isn't enough of a threat to the other team, but coming in 2nd he can really save your team and screw up the enemy.

Cassian's U-Wing is also a great reinforcement. Not sure if it's worthy of being the best, but being able to dispel all buffs from every enemy is great, while also being able to inflict offense and defense down on a target which can help you neuter their offense or burn through a tankier attacker like Slave I, which just seems to be the AI's favorite ship to bring in.

I also think Clone Sergeant's ARC has a great reinforcement ability simply because you can dispel his taunt only to have it pop right back up as long as he still has protection.

As far as Vader goes I think he's rather important to have in the starting lineup because he's just so useful right away. His reinforcement ability is great, but usually I'd rather not wait until my capital ship's second turn to get him into the battle.

I would say the Phantom's fully upgraded reinforcement ability is the best, because it allows you to flood the battlefield with ships faster, and having the at least 1 ship advantage for a fully capital ship turn is really quite good. I feel like a large chunk of the battle really happens right after the first reinforcement comes in, and being able to pull in a second reinforcement right away can be extremely game-changing.
  • AZgo
    11 posts Member
    Take a look on the order priorities picked by AI: https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Ship_Reinforcement_Order_Priority_List
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I hate it when people necro year old threads.

BUT if I am right in the old tbread, then I dont hate it as much. Phantom still best all around reinforce in game. Cassian is situationally awesome against Falcon, but Phantoms is best in every fleet.
This discussion has been closed.