Should I activate Yoda now or wait for 7*?

Valent_Antona
1034 posts Member
edited March 2016
Just completed the 5th level of the Yoda Event. Wondering if I should activate him now, or wait until I have completed and can get him at 7*
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!

Should I activate Yoda now or wait for 7*? 51 votes

Activate at 5*
90%
bleeaauuhWWJDlNonemoBenr3600RandallbenacrowDarth_MangoHalBdkredsoxwalkyourpathSlevinBurgerJiggywiggyGobear5555ReyiaEl_DuderinoinfectiouszombieDingleTingleZatoAmaltheaMikymate 46 votes
Activate at 7*
9%
Dajackalfleurdelis3Toonnyjaygarrett1986Coriantum 5 votes

Replies

• Activate at 5*
    There's no reason to wait... It costs 100 credits...
  • Activate at 5*
    Might as well activate him now and start gearing him up
  • Regardless of activating him now or waiting until 7* you will have to spend the exact same amount of credits. if you wait until 7* when you activate he'll only pop at 100 and then you'll be at 185/85 shards and have to pay the 1.5mil to max him. I activated mine at 5*. threw the droids into him to pump him to 70 and then threw on enough gear to have him at 1 piece from tier 9. I like him so far.
  • Sounds like a plan. So I have one more toon to distract me from my main goal now :).
  • FatherToast
    243 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Activate at 5*
    There is no reason not to activate him unless you can't spare 100 credits. The reason some people leave characters unactivated is in hopes of pulling that character from a card - this is because when you pull a character you already have, it is converted into only 7-13 or so shards, much lower than the amount of shards it takes to unlock.
    Since Yoda is not and will not be available in cards, that is not a possibility.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Activate at 5*
    Activate him. He is almost good enough for my 25.5k power arena team at 5* and gear 7; I tried him once in arena and just barely scraped by with a win. At 5* and gear 9 he will be a beast. And the sooner you unlock him the better because, even with somewhat easy farming, he still needs 50 purple eyeballs to get to IX. I have been using a 12 hour overnight energy build up, plus two refills, plus all three 45 bonus energy rewards for a few days and I am about 2/3 to 50 so expect to spend an entire week using all gear energy toward farming only him just to reach IX, and god knows how long after that to fully max his gear IX stuff.

Edit: only use him for offense. The AI is **** and ALWAYS uses his buff stealer first even though there is nothing to steal lol. If the AI gave him foresight to begin with he would be Poe-like strong!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Activate at 5*
    He is good at 5*, enough to be competitive in arena with QGJ lead IF you gear him up and level his abilities.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Sounds good everyone thanks for the input! I activated him and started leveling and gearing. I have a 7* Sid promotion happening tomorrow and after that I'll focus on getting Yoda arena ready.
  • Activate at 5*
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Activate him. He is almost good enough for my 25.5k power arena team at 5* and gear 7; I tried him once in arena and just barely scraped by with a win. At 5* and gear 9 he will be a beast. And the sooner you unlock him the better because, even with somewhat easy farming, he still needs 50 purple eyeballs to get to IX. I have been using a 12 hour overnight energy build up, plus two refills, plus all three 45 bonus energy rewards for a few days and I am about 2/3 to 50 so expect to spend an entire week using all gear energy toward farming only him just to reach IX, and god knows how long after that to fully max his gear IX stuff.

Edit: only use him for offense. The AI is **** and ALWAYS uses his buff stealer first even though there is nothing to steal lol. If the AI gave him foresight to begin with he would be Poe-like strong!

Is that right with his AI???? I've never faced Yoda in Arena but use him always (6*) since last event. I'm gutted if the AI doesn't use the ability block first. :(
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Activate at 5*
    Even if he's not ready for arena he's still fun to use in GW at 5*. Just unlocked mine and did my GW. Giving everyone foresight every match :D he's really fun to play with. And after all, isn't that the point of a game
  • Activate at 5*
    Activate so you can start gearing and leveling him up prior to the next event. That way when you get 7* you will have him good to go.

Good luck!
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • I used him today for the first battle or two in GW. He's only gear V and level 48 at the moment. But was still cool to learn his skills!

I'm still focusing on my NS team as primary but when all is said and done I'll have a decent Jedi squad to back them up!