What should I buy?

Prev1
I've decided to drop $50 on this game to help the devs and me. Should I buy heroine starter bundle that has barris and ahsoka or 20 data pack pulls(mega packx2, data packx1). Im lvl 35 and my only healers are counciler and talia.

Replies

• Nah buy crystals for refills, refresh and chrono packs
  • Barris just got a massive nerf and the other two units in the Heroine pack have bugged abilities that still haven't been fixed. I'd spend the cash on a couple of 8-packs and energy refills, personally. Once you unlock Galactic Wars, you can easily farm shards for Luminara (the best healer in the game).
  • Thanks for the input. Hope i get lucky on the 8 pack pulls. Need another light and darkside healer or GW is gonna be really hard im guessing. This game is very simular to Heroes Charge lol.
  • Just buy crystals and get some chromiums
  • i would just buy energy to get more exp and maybe a 8x Bundle once if u really need a character. but this is all RNG.
  • Yeah im gonna buy 2 8x bundles and use the rest on energy for abit.
  • Crittik wrote: »
    Yeah im gonna buy 2 8x bundles and use the rest on energy for abit.

I think this is smart.
  • ChaseKillz
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Why not get something that is guaranteed that you want from any of the packs. I don't understand gambling half your money for scattered shards then energy refilling. When you can get something like the droid pack for 20 then buy the $20 crystals and then energy refill (I don't remember how much the droid pack actually is)
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Buy everything!
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Gambling on packs is fun, energy is efficient. If you can use the force however I'd go with packs :)
  • Crittik wrote: »
    Yeah im gonna buy 2 8x bundles and use the rest on energy for abit.

I second this
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Crittik wrote: »
    I've decided to drop $50 on this game to help the devs and me. Should I buy heroine starter bundle that has barris and ahsoka or 20 data pack pulls(mega packx2, data packx1). Im lvl 35 and my only healers are counciler and talia.
    Legit chrons packs are beyond garbage. I just pulled bobba from a bronze pack that was free and better than anything I've pulled from chrons packs. (Minus tie pilot shards )

I would not spend 50$, instead buy the 21x100'crystals if you get that offer or 7x165 Pack. Just farm arena and everything else and you'll be 100% better than having s bunch of 1* random characters from chrons. Also, the bariss pack is good and gives you crystals back but bariss is nerfed hard so not worth 50 for sure. I would just buy the crystals over time and refill your energy a bunch of times. This will make you level a lot faster and give you gear.
  • ChaseKillz i totally understand what you are saying. Thats why i was having a hard time with me decision. Im lacking good extra healers, but i cant afford to spend more than $50 right now. I need crystals for energy refills so i can get to lvl 40 as quick as possible for GW. Spending the rest on 8x packs will have to be ok for now.
  • I purchased several packs before I learned not to. All I ever got were lots of shards for characters. That and some characters I already had which converted to shards. It's very rare for anyone to pull an Old Ben or a Lando from Chromium packs. I feel the packs are very overpriced. I'd go with crystals. Then use them with moderation to farm for the characters you want.
  • Honestly 8 packs have the chance to be really good, it's just gambling. I've bought 8 packs and got amazing characters and other times not. They are more beneficial early on than later in the game when you are looking for specifics
  • FakeRobbo
    179 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    For every 8 pack you usually pull 1-3 full characters which is game changing for a new player starting out or if you're not looking for any 1 character specifically!
  • FakeRobbo wrote: »
    For every 8 pack you usually pull 1-3 full characters which is game changing for a new player starting out or if you're not looking for any 1 character specifically!

I would have l;oved your luck.
  • When you're new, the 8 packs are definitely worth it.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    id take the credit hit to buy packs one at a time and avoid the disappearing shards problem with the multipacks if you go the pack route. if it were my money id buy at most 4 chromium and use everything else on energy refills over a week and get some serious gear pieces. them epics are very valuable
  • Im lvl 35 and have been playing for 4 days now. Only 4* i have is mace i pulled from a free pack so far.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Crittic, this from someone who spend 8 times that is...Cromiums are irresistable early on. And the anseer will depend on $50 every how many days. After you learn the math, the most efficient spend is to use 200 crystals a day, and reload Cantina once and regular missions twice. With about 6000 crystals for $50 you can play this strategy for a full month. Get the Dooku bundle as soon as it appears. It may not repeat and you will repent.

The second mist efficient thing to do, is do not try to reinvent the wheel. Focus on character that will leave you on an even field. These include:

Jedi Coucelor
    Talia
    Chewy
    Dooku

Chewy is a mid game character. You'll need him even if you where to unlock other characters.

Short term characters are Resistance Trooper if on iOS or TIE Pilot (iirc) on Android.

Your first struggle is that you want to unlock Cantina and Galactic War fast, but you cannotbuse your money wisely until you can unlock those farmlands. And arena will also not give much early on, so trying tobget Sid there will take ages too.

Remember, the Crystal advise is because refils get your character to higher levels faster. While using the funds to buy a character gives you zero contribution to your level. So your primary focus right now is refreshing energy affordably, which will be the only thing that accelerate unlocking the those places faster. And only then you can speed up shards for key characters fast enough.
  • For $5, get Dooku. That's the best deal in the game. Then get the daily crystal shipment. That's the second best deal in the game. Then make sure you have enough gems to use the 50 crystal energy refills and the 100 crystal cantina refills. You honestly don't need the chromium packs at all but you're definitely going to need the crystals.

Bariss is still good, even after the nerf. She'll be of great help until you get to 55 and have 3 6 star characters that make her suddenly mediocre with her 4 stars. Personally, I don't plan on farming shards for her until I don't really need the energy.

When you're new, chromium is a good deal because you're going to get 4 star characters. I got Darth Maul and Old Ben with 2 8-packs.
  • If I have a budget of 50, I'll just buy the subscription and go for Farmable characters
  • ChaseKillz
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Crittik wrote: »
    ChaseKillz i totally understand what you are saying. Thats why i was having a hard time with me decision. Im lacking good extra healers, but i cant afford to spend more than $50 right now. I need crystals for energy refills so i can get to lvl 40 as quick as possible for GW. Spending the rest on 8x packs will have to be ok for now.

You answered your own question you need heals. Get the heroine pack $50 right on the nose, barriss is still good and she'll fix your healing problems, plus you get like 2 more characters so you're not paying 50 for just barriss

(Side rant)
    It's called the heroine pack not the Barriss pack, and I'm really tired of everyone crying about the nerf, still. You guys sodium levels are too high, everyone who don't want their Barriss I'll gladly take her. (I would feel this way even if I did buy the pack, but I pulled Daka early so I had no need for the pack)
    467-325-146
  • TheVinegru
    366 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    His budget is $50 and that's it. He needs crystals more than he needs Bariss.
  • TheVinegru wrote: »

What are you his father? Lmaoo. I recommended something that was $49.99, that's #1.

#2. It's sounds like from what he told me he wants to unlock his galactic war. But he needs heals, and from what I understand from doing basically all my GW's you need to heal your squad in order to actually finish it.

467-325-146
  • Buy the healer package, its still worth it.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Would use it on refreshes. For campaign AND PvP. And not use it all in 1 day.

The more refreshes you use the more it cost. So refresh daily energy until it gets to either 200 or 400 then stop until the next day when it starts at 50 again. Also refresh cantina for 100 crystals once a day.

Would refresh arena atleast once a day as well. This is something a lot of people dont look at. You can climb up in top 100 in just a couple days doing 10 fights a day, then you get more crystals daily for you PvP rank, along with arena currency to get your sid.

I got to the top of my bracket by doing exactly what I'm telling you to do, now I'm maxed lvl, rank top 5 at the very least every day in arena, and really just collecting crystals ( up 4.2k right now ), with no desire to buy packs. I use about 200-300 a day on refills farming gear and that's it ( while getting 500 a day ).
  • I have had good returns (maybe unusual luck) on the 8xChromium packs. For every two 8 packs I seem to get 1 4* and 2 3* characters. Especially if you are new, most likely you will get new characters so that it won't convert into a much smaller amount of shards.

My very first pull I got a Sidious and Fisto, with the second pull being mostly 2* or below. A few weeks later I got Ima, Cad Bane, Qui-Gon and Daka between the 2 8 packs. This week I got 2 more packs and while the first set gave me repeats of Fisto and Qui-Gon, I got a new Maul and Luke in the second. So granted its a small sample size, seems you get at least one 4* and one 3* for every 16 Chromiums. At $20 per pack, its been paying off more than if I bought the Droid or Heroine packs.

Of course, there will likely be diminishing returns as the roster fills out...now watch I've probably jinxed myself and won't see anything but ewoks and jawas the next time I open Chromiums, lol.
  • ChaseKillz wrote: »
    TheVinegru wrote: »

What are you his father? Lmaoo. I recommended something that was $49.99, that's #1.

#2. It's sounds like from what he told me he wants to unlock his galactic war. But he needs heals, and from what I understand from doing basically all my GW's you need to heal your squad in order to actually finish it.

He said he isn't spending more than $50. So if he gets Bariss he gets no crystal. Given the choice between Bariss or crystals, I choose crystals. Bariss is one character. Crystals apply to the entire game.