Jawas wrecks Geo reworks (hilarious)

Prev13
Rafini
299 posts Member
was on youtube and found this video from today and wow.. i guess the next rework will be jawa scavenger hahaha. https://youtu.be/-vkuAxmft0c

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    That’s one of the coolest theory crafted counters
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Pretty solid accidental find.
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    Its seems very buggy.
    A guild mate from me pointed that out:

Jawa scavengers ability says: whenever a jawa ally takes damage a 50% chance of applying a detonator.

How than does it come that one geo multi assist attacks are applied way too much detonators?

Check the video and amount of detonators carefully.

Hope this gets fixed quick.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    JDK82 wrote: »
    Its seems very buggy.

8e9.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jellyglob
    45 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Seems very RNG dependent and relies on jawa scavenger not dieing.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    JDK82 wrote: »
    Its seems very buggy.
    A guild mate from me pointed that out:

Jawa scavengers ability says: whenever a jawa ally takes damage a 50% chance of applying a detonator.

How than does it come that one geo multi assist attacks are applied way too much detonators?

Check the video and amount of detonators carefully.

Hope this gets fixed quick.

Could it be that the Geos are hitting more than they should? My jawas vs other teams are not doing this.
  • My gear 11 Jawas are not useless! Now I really can't wait to take them to G12.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Ahnald's video is up. One of the key points is how the Detonators applied are building far too fast then what they should. 1 attack turns into 8-10 detonators on all characters. Seems like a MASSIVE bug to me.
  • Nerf Jawas!
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    Ahnald's video is up. One of the key points is how the Detonators applied are building far too fast then what they should. 1 attack turns into 8-10 detonators on all characters. Seems like a MASSIVE bug to me.

Yes. It appears that during the swarm attack, the algorithm is applying a detonator to *all* Geos each time damage is registered rather than to just the one assisting - so 50% chance of 6 detonators on each character per swarm rather than just 1.
  • mickyluv
    140 posts Member
    I can't abide those Jawas. Disgusting creatures.
  • You're still going to lose hp/prot and probably a character resulting in +/- 53 banners. Extremely unlikely jawas will pull 55+ banners making it a legit defense.
  • Nerf Jawas!

Hahaha, that is so hilarious.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    :D
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Yeah, this will probably be *fixed* post haste I assume
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    BeralCator wrote: »
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Ahnald's video is up. One of the key points is how the Detonators applied are building far too fast then what they should. 1 attack turns into 8-10 detonators on all characters. Seems like a MASSIVE bug to me.

Yes. It appears that during the swarm attack, the algorithm is applying a detonator to *all* Geos each time damage is registered rather than to just the one assisting - so 50% chance of 6 detonators on each character per swarm rather than just 1.

They are all assisting. Did you mean attacking?

The issue of whether it's a bug or not then is whether an assist is defined as an attack, or if it should just be the character whose turn it is.
  • Man I hope they don't nerf this. Finally a reason to use the Jawas I was forced to farm for MODS!!!!!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »

They are all assisting. Did you mean attacking?

The issue of whether it's a bug or not then is whether an assist is defined as an attack, or if it should just be the character whose turn it is.

But if each character is attacking once then each should get 1 detonator, not 6 right?
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    edited July 2019
    The ability says, "Whenever a Jawa ally takes damage, 50% chance to place a Thermal Detonator on the attacking enemy..."

So it triggers one detonator chance for each of the hits. So I guess the bug is how it counts enemies. I feel like there are 3 valid ways to read this: Character with turn gets six, each character who hit gets one, or each character gets 6.

There's also the question of whether people think the 50% check is working.

ETA: Though I say I think each character getting six is a potentially valid reading, I also feel it's a huge stretch if they ever intended it to work that way, at least after reworking thermal mechanics.
  • Oh man I'm so hopeful for the imminent JAWA meta!!
  • But it's "whenever a jawa ally takes damage", not ' when it is attacked, and "to place a thermal detonator on the attacking enemy". So on each damage all Geo's are considered the attacking enemy.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Oh, and keeping in mind the geos expose a bit now too. So each expose that goes off triggers the thermal chance, which could be what's adding to the numbers.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @crzydroid always impressed by how quickly you're determining the interactions, my friend.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    The ability says, "Whenever a Jawa ally takes damage, 50% chance to place a Thermal Detonator on the attacking enemy..."

So it triggers one detonator chance for each of the hits. So I guess the bug is how it counts enemies. I feel like there are 3 valid ways to read this: Character with turn gets six, each character who hit gets one, or each character gets 6.

There's also the question of whether people think the 50% check is working.

ETA: Though I say I think each character getting six is a potentially valid reading, I also feel it's a huge stretch if they ever intended it to work that way, at least after reworking thermal mechanics.

I mean I have no idea what is intended either, but that's a very generous reading of the language.

If you watch closely at 8:13-8:16 or so of the video, you can see two swarm attacks.
    After the first one, each Geo has 2-3 thermals except Spy (who didn't assist because he was stunned)
    After the second one, each Geo has 6-8 thermals.

I'm pretty sure the 50% chance is WAI, but the way to unique is coded results in a 50% chance of effect to ALL enemies that dealt damage during the turn each time damage is registered to a Jawa ally. I'd anticipate this will be patched to 50% chance to the *damage dealer* each time damage is registered to a Jawa ally, which would result in a much more reasonable 0-1 thermal on each Geo per swam.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Oh, and keeping in mind the geos expose a bit now too. So each expose that goes off triggers the thermal chance, which could be what's adding to the numbers.

The expose comes from Spy's special. This doesn't explain the massive detonator stack even when Geo Soldier takes the very first turn of the encounter and just after his initial attack all Geos already have like 5 stacks of detonators (check Ahnaldt's video at 2:34).
    There is some multi stack going on which can't be WAI.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Low gear 9 or 8 Jawas should kill my High gear 12 paid Geonosians please fix it. My Geonosians where full health and got there tails kick from there very low health Jawas. Thank you for your time on the matter. Love you guys.
    I Lift Alot
  • BeralCator wrote: »

The “Line in the Sand” text when a Jawa ally takes damage... every assist is an attack and dealing damage. 6 bugs attacking is rolling the 50% to each attacking bug per damage hit. It is working as written. So within 6 bugs each taking 2 turns could register 30+ dets.
  • The Hive is one. There is no individual. A detonator for one is a detonator for the Hive!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    The Hive is one. There is no individual. A detonator for one is a detonator for the Hive!

this is a solid irrefutable point.... and if hive mind activated this team should stand...

in fact.... it should take for all other debuffs like this..... mass deathmark !!
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    There are so few uses for Jawas in this game, that I, for one, hope they remain a viable counter to the Geonosians and nothing gets changed as a result of this.

I mean, let's not go crazy here, the Geonosians are all FTP farmable from very accessible areas, they're all easy to gear (maybe not GBA, I haven't unlocked him yet), and a lot of people already have decent ones thanks to 3/5 of them being pilots.

Geonosians are almost easier to get than Jawas, more people probably have Geos than those who have Jawas, and those who do have Tatooine's finest, probably only ever took them to G8 or whatever was needed to unlock the Crit Damage mods.

This isn't the new Legendary/Hero's Journey meta squad being countered by Phoenix or something everyone already has, it's one team being beat by another that's just as accessible. If people want to build up Jawas just to take down Geonosians, I don't see how that's any different than farming Troopers to beat Nightsisters. In fact, it's better because right now, countering Geonosians is pretty much the ONLY thing Jawas are useful at. It's nice that they finally have some reason to be in this game again.

Also, I love Jawas.