Gear Crunch

TheUnchosenOne
581 posts Member
edited July 2019
Now I'm fine with the G12-G13 paywall. I mean, the Devs gotta get paid. Except, keeping the older paywall is what is still annoying me and my guild mates. I'm mainly talking about stun guns.

Yes this is another complaint thread but I'm trying to bring this old idea back.

Rework Mace Windus Challenge. I mean this is the gear you get from it,

d5dcjsg4aljl.jpg

This is without a doubt the most useless challenge in the game (no wonder Mace is featured on it lol)

So why not add 1-3 or 2-4 Mk V Stun Guns to the challenge. Carbantis are basically the same thing but they have a challenge. Plus considering the fact that the 10 energy stun gun node was removed from fleets this should help too.

Yes stun guns are in shipments but they're incredibly hard to find and carbantis are in them too.

Replies

• Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    This simple change would be great, would solve the pointlessness of maces challenge and ease the shortage just enough to make a difference.
    Sadly you’ll probably get told you’re managing resources wrong
  • Get ready for the “git gud” people...or even better - “I’m FTP and have 60 G12, 6 g13 because I manage my resources better than you.”
  • Get ready to hear that there is no paywall.
  • Get ready to hear there is no catch up as you face only those on your server who joined at the same time as you, ignoring TW and GAC.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    So there are a lot of ways to make the gear crunch alleviated between reworking the challenges and adding a gear splicing mechanism where thousands of old gear pieces could suddenly become even slightly useful, BUT I doubt any of that will ever happen since reworking the gear in such a way would greatly increase inventory GP and speed up player advancement negatively affecting the Devs time to roll out new content and keep up with end game players.

There's always a race between player and developer. The developers allowing the player to advance only so much before they move the goal posts again to keep the player base invested. Any alleviation of those goal posts negatively impacts the developers schedule and longevity of the game.The only reason devs might go back on this adage is if the player base is getting too frustrated to continue playing.
  • I have an even better idea: make more toons require gear that comes from the mace challenge. Instead of needing 200 stun cuffs and carbs, make it 100 of each and 200 mk 4 stun guns. That would still ease off on the gear gates for lower tiers without requiring any changes to the challenges (which probably won’t be changed, because new players need that gear at some point it’s just that you don’t need a lot so you accrue way more than you spend).
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    Now I'm fine with the G12-G13 paywall. I mean, the Devs gotta get paid. Except, keeping the older paywall is what is still annoying me and my guild mates. I'm mainly talking about stun guns.

Yes this is another complaint thread but I'm trying to bring this old idea back.

Rework Mace Windus Challenge. I mean this is the gear you get from it,

d5dcjsg4aljl.jpg

This is without a doubt the most useless challenge in the game (no wonder Mace is featured on it lol)

So why not add 1-3 or 2-4 Mk V Stun Guns to the challenge. Carbantis are basically the same thing but they have a challenge. Plus considering the fact that the 10 energy stun gun node was removed from fleets this should help too.

Yes stun guns are in shipments but they're incredibly hard to find and carbantis are in them too.
    The explicitely removed Stun Guns from Fleet Battles to keep that paywall ;-)
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    I agree with all of the OP's comments. Sadly I know that means jack. A new tier to all the challenges with better gear would be nice.
  • Agreed. I feel like the stun gun crunch has gotten worse with the addition of g12/g12+ to the shard shop and removal of stun guns from the fleet nodes. The drop rate sucks to begin with, but now I have to decide what shard shop purchases I make instead of instantly buying any stun gun that shows up.

I’m actually waiting to upgrade a character to g12 until I get enough stun guns...I already have enough of all other materials.
  • I agree woth the op. Reworking the mace challenge to add stun guns would be great. I think adding a tier would be best though. That way they could still allow newer players to do the old tier if they need the other gear more.

They could even set the difficulty at g12 so you still have to grind a little bit at first but then it gets easier once you have your first team done.

While we're at it they could add the kyrotech pieces to a challenge since we need like a billion of them and I assume we'll need them on every new character going forward.

And before I get the git gud comments, I'm ftp and have like 40 g12 and 4 g13 so I know how to focus. But it would be nice to get the non exclusive part of g13 faster.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    OK I'm in.
    Sadly, you manage your gear wrong.
    I’m FTP and have 60 G12, 6 g13 because I manage my resources better than you.
    There is no Paywall and no catch up, git gud...

Ha ha yes!
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm normally in the "git gud" camp, but given that virtually every character needs multiple stun guns (I was surprised and delighted to find that Poggle actually requires none at all during my Geo gearing frenzy), it seems pretty goofy that there still isn't a more reliable source for them than the shard shop. If we ever got them from challenges, though, I wouldn't expect it at least until we get level 90 and a new tier of challenges.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Clickbait. Would have never opened yet another Mace Challenge thread. :(
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • While I agree with you let's be real a minute. Taking stun guns off of fleet mode doesn't do anything to you. Fleet is being used to farm Anakin's ship, B1 and Nest. Anything else is a waste of that energy
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    While I agree with you let's be real a minute. Taking stun guns off of fleet mode doesn't do anything to you. Fleet is being used to farm Anakin's ship, B1 and Nest. Anything else is a waste of that energy

I'm farming B1 and Ani's ship.

But once I'm done with those, would I be better served farming gear or Gauntlet Starfighter?
  • Stun guns are pretty attainable though. The developers are making you choose though. Spend crystals to get the guns or save crystals to get new toons. They just won't let you hoard without making a sacrifice somewhere else.

I personally hoard. I spend 300 a day on Brood Alpha refreshes and hoard the rest. I will occasionally spend the hoard to finish toons or g13 pieces. 34.5k crystals and counting for next meta lol
  • Nasdadjr wrote: »
    Stun guns are pretty attainable though. The developers are making you choose though. Spend crystals to get the guns or save crystals to get new toons. They just won't let you hoard without making a sacrifice somewhere else.

I personally hoard. I spend 300 a day on Brood Alpha refreshes and hoard the rest. I will occasionally spend the hoard to finish toons or g13 pieces. 34.5k crystals and counting for next meta lol

I hoard too. I do spend 450 to 500 a day though on brood alpha and for the 3 cheap energy refreshes and to refresh a node or two. And now that fleet energy is cheaper i may use some crystals to finish nest, anakin's starfighter, and b1 quicker. But i get close to 1000 crystals a day from arenas and dailies so have 18k saved for next meta. Had to spend some to finish off getting my arena team to g13 though.

But after brood alpha, I may slow down the cantina refreshes again.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Get ready for the “git gud” people...or even better - “I’m FTP and have 60 G12, 6 g13 because I manage my resources better than you.”
    I'm ftp, I've got 71 g12 and 9g13 and I've been saying for years that as they introduce new pay walls or gear gates the old ones need to be opened up a bit.

At this point carbantis guns and cuffs should be trivial, same thing with gold eyeballs. Make us grind for kryotechs and gear 12 parts not this stuff that's been around forever.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    While I agree with you let's be real a minute. Taking stun guns off of fleet mode doesn't do anything to you. Fleet is being used to farm Anakin's ship, B1 and Nest. Anything else is a waste of that energy

But once I'm done with those, would I be better served farming gear or Gauntlet Starfighter?

Gauntlet is great.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Sparrow wrote: »
    Get ready for the “git gud” people...or even better - “I’m FTP and have 60 G12, 6 g13 because I manage my resources better than you.”
    I'm ftp, I've got 71 g12 and 9g13 and I've been saying for years that as they introduce new pay walls or gear gates the old ones need to be opened up a bit.

At this point carbantis guns and cuffs should be trivial, same thing with gold eyeballs. Make us grind for kryotechs and gear 12 parts not this stuff that's been around forever.

This is not the reality that the average player is experiencing, but I agree on this.
  • I just want stun guns to drop! Lol
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Gauntlet is great.

I'm not gearing those two pilots. Especially on my shard.