Grand Arena Championships – GP Divisions [MEGA]

Replies

• Best joke ever from EA . Top players from division 2 have 30÷40 g12 chars and i was matched up against players with more than 700k gp.
  • I lost 2 fights ever until this stupid championship. Now i lost twice only in this stage
  • Player from rank 4 have 30g12 , no DR and traya 6* 😀😀😀
  • @CG_SBCrumb - is there only one Division 1 in the Bronzium League or are there multiple “shards” in the game akin to squad arena? I’m wondering what the Global Ranking is really showing...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb - is there only one Division 1 in the Bronzium League or are there multiple “shards” in the game akin to squad arena? I’m wondering what the Global Ranking is really showing...

Only one board for each division.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    The current matchmaking is horrible. The old matchmaking from Grand Arena was much better.

For you maybe if you were benefiting from it... does not mean it was much better...just means it was much better for you
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb - is there only one Division 1 in the Bronzium League or are there multiple “shards” in the game akin to squad arena? I’m wondering what the Global Ranking is really showing...

Only one board for each division.

yes to ensure that 95%+ of the ENTIRE game get's the absolute least amount of rewards possible. Hail to the TIP YO.... Joe "bean" esposito..... "your the best....OHHH YEAH....nothing but CG ever gonna keep you down, your the best....around...."
  • Therion
    81 posts Member
    Could someone who knows for sure please tell me exactly where the boundary between Division 3 and Division 2 is? The game lists Division 3 as 3.1M to 3.79M GP and Division 2 as 3.8M to 4.49M GP. So where, for example, would a player with 3.795M GP fall?
  • I'm not sure where this goes, and honestly don't have the patience to read thru all the posts. I just had a question about GAC. This last round just played (3 of 3), I had a higher GP 4.6K vs 4.1K and we each defeated 5 of each others squads taking 2 1/2 territories on the same number of tries. Yet, he scored more points? The scoring still seems to be off. shouldn't I have won due to the tie and higher GP?
  • CoachA wrote: »
    I'm not sure where this goes, and honestly don't have the patience to read thru all the posts. I just had a question about GAC. This last round just played (3 of 3), I had a higher GP 4.6K vs 4.1K and we each defeated 5 of each others squads taking 2 1/2 territories on the same number of tries. Yet, he scored more points? The scoring still seems to be off. shouldn't I have won due to the tie and higher GP?

If he scored more points than why do you say you were tied?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    CoachA wrote: »
    I'm not sure where this goes, and honestly don't have the patience to read thru all the posts. I just had a question about GAC. This last round just played (3 of 3), I had a higher GP 4.6K vs 4.1K and we each defeated 5 of each others squads taking 2 1/2 territories on the same number of tries. Yet, he scored more points? The scoring still seems to be off. shouldn't I have won due to the tie and higher GP?

If he scored more points then it wasn't a tie? He could have gotten more points by having more surviving/full health/protection units, or by using one or more undersized squads.
  • So this may have been answered in one of the previous questions. Im in Division 5 and need 5 teams on Defence. Before championships i remember there was a chart that said that after you pass 2.75 mil gp you have to put out another squad. Division 4 starts at 2.5mil. So has this been changed to go by Division? or does it still remain the same (I.E. does a 2.5mil player now require 6 squads on Defence as opposed to before 2.75mil)?
  • I don’t believe that GP should be a factor in matchups at all. You match people randomly at first, and then you let their performances dictate who they get matched up with next. You might even just be able to look at championship points alone for matchmaking after a while. You structure events so that they’re long enough to ultimately have the best players squaring off against each other, and you structure rewards so that no one wants to lose on purpose. In other words, let the actual performance in the event dictate matchups... not weakly-associated factors like GP or top 12 to 16 squads.

Yeah, the matchmaking would be VERY rocky to start out with. But eventually, it will sort itself out organically and with little effort. And new players would have trouble at first, of course. But eventually they would settle in, too.

The Divisions are nonsensical and unnecessary—especially when there are so many interdivisional matchups already. And the current format where we’re in a group of eight for each round is much too limiting if matchmaking is an important concern.

But hey, I’m a math guy... not a corporate game guy or a computer guy. Hopefully everything will start to make more sense once we’re through with all of the exhibition.
  • Pauldecebalus
    61 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Indeed thats no sense to make divisions since in all GACs i was the only div 2 player against 7 players from div 1
  • sir_Phantom_Jedi
    410 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    With the old match making I usually went 2-1, I never went 0-3 or 3-0 and there were times I went 1-2; and I really enjoyed it.

Currently I am 0-6 and every opponent I have faced has had a G13 Malak on DEFENSE which I am yet to defeat a single toon on that team (I don't have Malak), I have yet to lose a match by less than 600 points.
    I am 4.6m facing opponents in the 4.8m-5m range
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • I just have a question about GA championship matchmaking. I am on division 8 but my oppenents on GAC are from division 5, 6, 7. Is this a bug? Or is this how it works? Thanks
  • CoachA wrote: »

Most probably he used undersized team to beat on of you defense and because of that he earned a higher banner. That is what i am doing.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Best part of this is the silence IMO.

1) They cannot come out and say "Don't worry everyone its working as intended" Because they don't know yet if it's working as intended....so people get mad

2) They cannot say "it's not working as intended" because people would demand freebee's forever

3) If your still reading this post you'll remember they DID say "it's an exhibition and adjustments will be made based on the data collected...it will all be ok and we are going on radio silence for a month except for major bugs".....

Honestly this will get better over time most likely or it won't....but i think over time it will... hopefully GAC coin rewards get straightened out cause they suck right now for 95%+ of the game (again it's early...but a month is a looooong time to grind and grind to get 8-16 salvage)

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I just have a question about GA championship matchmaking. I am on division 8 but my oppenents on GAC are from division 5, 6, 7. Is this a bug? Or is this how it works? Thanks

Divisions don't matter. Honestly, I'm not even sure why they created divisions in the first place. They just seem to be a confusing idea that is meaningless in terms of how GAC actually functions.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I just have a question about GA championship matchmaking. I am on division 8 but my oppenents on GAC are from division 5, 6, 7. Is this a bug? Or is this how it works? Thanks

Divisions don't matter. Honestly, I'm not even sure why they created divisions in the first place. They just seem to be a confusing idea that is meaningless in terms of how GAC actually functions.

The only function I can see them serving is for reward brackets.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • RunchGwar
    108 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    From our Feature Producer:

[*] Players should never feel incentivized to tank their GP before or during a Championship, since a higher GP division means better rewards.

Was this ever addressed? The rewards in different divisions are still the same, right?
  • Mattjoechew
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    So these are my numbers...
    6stg86idclwt.jpeg

And these are the numbers of who I was “fairly” matched with.
    ijhbxkcg50km.jpeg

So I submitted a ticket because there’s basically no point in me playing this round. Here’s the response:

“Matt, with regards to your issue, I would like to inform you that the issue which you have mentioned it is in game mechanics which we can't change or modify in any way as it is controlled by servers.There is nothing we can do in this.

To recap, I have informed you that the issue which you have refereed if is in game mechanics which can't be changed.

Have an amazing day ahead.”
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    So these are my numbers...
    6stg86idclwt.jpeg

And these are the numbers of who I was “fairly” matched with.
    ijhbxkcg50km.jpeg

So I submitted a ticket because there’s basically no point in me playing this round. Here’s the response:

“Matt, with regards to your issue, I would like to inform you that the issue which you have mentioned it is in game mechanics which we can't change or modify in any way as it is controlled by servers.There is nothing we can do in this.

To recap, I have informed you that the issue which you have refereed if is in game mechanics which can't be changed.

Have an amazing day ahead.”

Mate. Use a bot to see the matchup. Having 500k more total gp means nothing (it might only be 100k more toon) and at over 4mil gp it's not that big of discrepancy not too mention you have a 7* malak and I assume most legendaries. I'm at 1.5mil toon and vsing 2.2mil toon in my last 4 matches, now that's a discrepancy but I've won each one even if it's tough.
  • CG and EA, if you read posts just want to let you know I gave GA a chance with new matchups. Now after playing and trying you putting me at <3m up against almost 4m go teams I will no longer spend a single dollar on your game. I don't have the depth needed to compete and I'm being blown out. Thanks for ruining the game for me and congratulations on loosing a paying customer/gamer.
  • It's just horrible and very disappointed to play GA, I don't have any fun facing team 2 times powerful than mine and loosing. I am focusing on character, that's why my GP isn't too high and I am facing higher division and GP player. Well I hope you will do something for the next championship. Please do something, thank you
  • Posted this in the GAC Mega thread as well, but they need to see how unbalanced and unfair this has been for a lot of us:

I’ve been tracking each GAC rounds since it has switched. And much like many of you, I have been matched up with players out ranking me.

In GA I did really well and was constantly competing for 1st. Then with the change I’ve won 1 phase in a GAC. Even when players I’ve faced are moderately more powerful than me, 200K character power more and 6 zetas gives them 2 more full squads on me.

The worst match up I’ve had the player beat me in character power by 500K and 14 zetas. That’s incredibly unfair. But somehow we had the same Top 80 GP? Which some of my shard and guild mates said was their new measuring tool. This is way out of kilter.

Story of the game. If you’re not a whale and maxing out, you can’t compete. It leaves us with lesser rewards, which just furthers the gap that whales run away with. It shouldn’t be too much to ask that there is a better system for match making. I know things will never be perfect, but this current system is extremely broken.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Arsenic710 wrote: »
    Posted this in the GAC Mega thread as well, but they need to see how unbalanced and unfair this has been for a lot of us:

I’ve been tracking each GAC rounds since it has switched. And much like many of you, I have been matched up with players out ranking me.

In GA I did really well and was constantly competing for 1st. Then with the change I’ve won 1 phase in a GAC. Even when players I’ve faced are moderately more powerful than me, 200K character power more and 6 zetas gives them 2 more full squads on me.

The worst match up I’ve had the player beat me in character power by 500K and 14 zetas. That’s incredibly unfair. But somehow we had the same Top 80 GP? Which some of my shard and guild mates said was their new measuring tool. This is way out of kilter.

Story of the game. If you’re not a whale and maxing out, you can’t compete. It leaves us with lesser rewards, which just furthers the gap that whales run away with. It shouldn’t be too much to ask that there is a better system for match making. I know things will never be perfect, but this current system is extremely broken.

he can have 2 million more GP than you...he can have 50 zetas more than you.... if you have a DR or padme or GG team he CANNOT beat with his entire roster then NONE of those matchup numbers mean squat...

he could have 5 million GP and you 1.5 million GP.... if you have an unbeatable GOD team NONE of that matters.... set your god team save rest for offense you win...

yes matchup numbers matter...but a lot of the time they dont

Prob 80% of the game had hopes of playing great and making Kyber well the reality is only 1 in 8 people if matchmaking works should ever make kyber.....

Most people should end up in Aurodium if they try.... and once there and you cannot make top 500 of Aurodium you should just set one team on D and try to stop a guy or two from making kyber... IF AND ONLY if your remaining matches are unwinnable.
This discussion has been closed.