Isn't it so unfair to release Malak late like this?

Prev134
staa93
posts Member
edited July 2019
Malak was released only 2~3weeks after DRevan event.
But now it passed more than one month after second DRevan event.

It is so unfair. Only those guys who opened Malak early takes it all.
Why shouldn't other guys get same chance to open the same character as before?
Regardless of strength of inventory or money, all the players should have same chance to open new charactor, but they never do that.
So curious how they think and how they manage this game.

Replies

• O.m.g. this is so unfair.

Yeah this game is Pay To Win. They have very little obligation to free players. By nature the game is "unfair" for free players.
    How dare life be unfair to us.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    How is it fair that players who spent money or prepared meticulously for the event don’t get to reap the rewards ? You’re entitled and need to rethink how this game works.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nothing stopped anyone to get Malak the first time...

Back to back to back paywalls.. people were tapped out. Now they have recovered and every meta toon has come.back full circle minus Malak and padame. But all other meta toons right on schedule!
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    edited July 2019
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »

Back to back to back paywalls.. people were tapped out. Now they have recovered and every meta toon has come.back full circle minus Malak and padame. But all other meta toons right on schedule!

Padme should come on schedule as there's a schedule for leg events, Malak event is a special one thus there's nothing as such, so he's not late by any standart.
  • Its not unfair. This was a new event type, so we have no basis for a cadence. Even if we assume that it will be similar to a Journey it is still not late or unfair. CLS didn't return for 140 days the first time, JKR was 105 days between 1st and 2nd runs. JTR has had a gap of 119 days between appearances.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Unfair? Not in the slightest.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    How can be unfair when it isn't/cant be late?

We had no basis for the schedule of this event.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »

Padme should come on schedule as there's a schedule for leg events, Malak event is a special one thus there's nothing as such, so he's not late by any standart.

Yeah he is special alright..meta breaking.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Malak's event is the only one of its kind, requiring two other Journey characters and a high power level to even attempt. There's no precedent. I can understand why you might assume he'd come back after ~3 months like legendaries and heroes do, but it seems like maybe that isn't the case.

When he does finally show up I look forward to the rage threads from people who were on the edge of their seat waiting for him for 5 months, but are somehow still not able to complete the event despite having all the time in the world to prepare.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno wrote: »

Well that's just repeating what's been said a thousand times and doesn't give us anything. Not really worth weighing in for that.

I'll grant you however that it's reasonable given that the question has been asked a thousand times. Not a practical response, but at least a reasonable one.

However, given that the question keeps being asked, over and over again. Perhaps it's a question the community is interested in. Maybe we should give them some information?

I mean it hasn't YET been announced that the event WILL EVER come back (correct me if I'm wrong - was probably announced to the community via a reply on page 48 of thread x and seen by five trolls).

Come on though - we all obviously want info here. Can you throw us a bone? Doesn't have to be the exact date, just some info.

e.g.

Will this event have a cadence (semi regular semi predictable return - or random return).

If so - will it be quarterly, bi-annually, annually.

If CG doesn't want to give up that info - can we at least know when we can expect to learn these answers?
  • My guess is malak will return right after revans 3rd pass
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    CG has stated clearly that they will not give info or heads up on the second release of events like this until a week out. They won’t put it on a calendar or give out info just because people ask over and over.

Also if any event should be every 180 days and not 90 it is Malak.
  • Use the extra time to collect gear and currency for his shards. If you have everything, high five :* Start your next project.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Well that's just repeating what's been said a thousand times and doesn't give us anything. Not really worth weighing in for that.

I'll grant you however that it's reasonable given that the question has been asked a thousand times. Not a practical response, but at least a reasonable one.

However, given that the question keeps being asked, over and over again. Perhaps it's a question the community is interested in. Maybe we should give them some information?

I mean it hasn't YET been announced that the event WILL EVER come back (correct me if I'm wrong - was probably announced to the community via a reply on page 48 of thread x and seen by five trolls).

Come on though - we all obviously want info here. Can you throw us a bone? Doesn't have to be the exact date, just some info.

e.g.

Will this event have a cadence (semi regular semi predictable return - or random return).

If CG doesn't want to give up that info - can we at least know when we can expect to learn these answers?

Kyno doesn't have any of that information, and CG will tell you when they are ready to tell you. Posting the question for the thousand and first time isn't going to make them change their minds on when they give out information about event timelines.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    No, it has not been announced as a returnable event, but I doubt they'd put that much work into it if it wasn't coming back.

No, they can't. That's now how this works.
    e.g.

That's not how any of this works.

As with all of these events, if they don't announce a cadence when they release it, there probably isn't one.

This behavior is not only not surprising, but expected. An event like Malak, we will get the same amount of notice that we got for the first run. When that happens we *might* get information on cadence.

I happen to think we'll get it with the next return of the DR event.
  • I wish he’d never come back.

For once I’d love to have something on this game that not everyone else has or can ever get.

I know I’m not that special so that will never happen.

You folks that keep asking when he will come back and complaining that he’s overdue....better make sure you’re prepared.

People have said how difficult this event is....but unless you’ve tried it before....you have no idea.
  • Life ain't fair either. Everyone should know this by now
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Well that is one way to get CG to respond. Spread that enough and get enough people to believe it and they will have to respond just to combat the misinformation.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Give people no information, and don't be surprised when they make it up themselves. Nature abhors a vacuum.
  • Kyno wrote: »

This cracks me up. The Malak event was just a legendary event with strict restrictions 😂
  • evoluza wrote: »

Such a twisted way of thinking
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

This cracks me up. The Malak event was just a legendary event with strict restrictions 😂

It's a legendary event? Then why does it take 2 legendaries to play it? Which other event have you played that's setup like this?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Such a twisted way of thinking

How is the truth twisted?

Unless you just mean some people are incapable of hoarding and being prepared for anything. Fair point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

It was not a "Legendary with restrictions" (which, btw, is a Journey). It was a Mythic Battle.
  • There have been other events that have gone over 100-120 days between being open. Malak is only on day 97, not exactly a big deal. Maybe when we hit 150 days...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited July 2019