geonosians rework a waste of time

Prev134
Sansacional_10
40 posts Member
edited July 2019
because I say this because CG said that it would not fix the Jawas because they like the interaction then what is the use of having the Genosians in defense of GAC if anyone with jawas threw them in an easy way I agree that the Geonosians have to have something that I defeat them and there are many USEFUL teams that defeat them but the jawas the most useless and pathetic team of the good game after that of the tuskens can be said that for the first time I want them to fix a character leaving his team in ruin.

by the way we do not forget that we are just over half of the month and the road ahead has not been published @cg_sbcrumb
Post edited by Sansacional_10 on

Replies

• because I say this because CG said that it would not fix the Jawas because they like the interaction then what is the use of having the Genosians in defense of GAC if anyone with jawas threw them in an easy way I agree that the Geonosians have to have something that I defeat them and there are many USEFUL teams that defeat them but the jawas the most useless and pathetic team of the good game after that of the tuskens can be said that for the first time I want them to fix a character leaving his team in ruin

You could just not place them on defense? Or you could place them and allow your opponent to sacrifice quite a few banners to take out a beatable team
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Those "useless" Jawas will still need gear, can't apply that many detonators if they die quickly. Gear which players may have to divert from other teams (though I doubt they will). Nice lucky break for those that continued building up their Jawas after farming them for the old mod challenges though.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    because I say this because CG said that it would not fix the Jawas because they like the interaction then what is the use of having the Genosians in defense of GAC if anyone with jawas threw them in an easy way I agree that the Geonosians have to have something that I defeat them and there are many USEFUL teams that defeat them but the jawas the most useless and pathetic team of the good game after that of the tuskens can be said that for the first time I want them to fix a character leaving his team in ruin

Geos used the most useless team how long ago?
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Really annoys me that they’re letting this interaction go. I could imagine the people who spent money on getting brood alpha to 7* g13 will be irritated to know Jawas can win by doing nothing. Halfway invalidated their investment by letting this fly, very disappointed CG but that’s not surprising these days

finally someone who understands why the jawas have to be fixed
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Really annoys me that they’re letting this interaction go. I could imagine the people who spent money on getting brood alpha to 7* g13 will be irritated to know Jawas can win by doing nothing. Halfway invalidated their investment by letting this fly, very disappointed CG but that’s not surprising these days

The primary driver of buying/gearing the Geos is for Geo TB, where the Jawas are not a factor (wait for Tatooine TB). All the jawa interaction means is they are an offense unit, not defense, for TW/GAC
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    second a jawa team can beat revan or malak it will be fixed.... better hope engineer going first spreading TM to jawas don't wreck face :)
  • To the point of Jawas being an easy win again Geonosians; There are lots of teams that are easy wins against other teams (zBastilla vs EP for example). You still need to farm and gear (less so apparently in this case) them. So building a jawa team if you don't already have them means NOT farming and gearing another team that has more uses in the game than defeating ONE team that's also very easy to get and requires no zetas.

As for them preventing people from setting them on defense in GAC, using jawas (over another Geo counter team) might actually work against you in this case. Yes, it saves you from having to use EP or whoever else that counters Geonosians, but you're also going to lose a bunch of toons and the one(s) that remain probably aren't full health/protection. If anything, I would think Geonosians on defense vs a player with decent jawas is a decent trap to set ensuring that if they do it, you have an opportunity to get more banners on your own attacks as long as you can keep everyone alive (nevermind full health/protection).

Maybe it sets you back a bit in TW where surviving units doesn't give you extra points, but here's a thought...don't set them on defense then. Geos are an excellent attacking team that can take down some pretty strong defensive ones. Sounds like a good candidate to keep for offense to me.
  • Past

02a1ggc90l92.jpg

Present

bhyy5z3bbha8.jpg

• I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on this game over the years and I have spent several hundred dollars gearing the Geos(all but poogle are g13) and I have to say I am completely dismayed and appalled at you guys(CG)!! Not sorry to say, if this is indeed left in the game you will NEVER see another dollar of mine!! And I'm sure this will create another exodus.. We have all seen many long time players leave the game permanently recently both from guilds and arena/fleet shard chats and the trend is likely to continue with these type of choices. And I usually and the fan boi on here praising you guys and I have donated money to all of your game day events and friends with cancer on go fund me; so no one need try to make this post out to be like I'm trolling you guys here. This is just another reason to stop spending in swgoh and start looking to other games.
  • So basically, instead of correcting a bug, you rework jawas.

If Jawas needs to be g12/g13 in order to wipe out the bugs equally geared, that's fair and square. Let's see what a reworked beef up jawa team can do against other assist heavy squads !

But if this allows a clearly undergeared jawa squad to destroy the bugs, I don't get it. You won't need to gear them, so there is no strategy, no "who do i gear ?" involved. In this case, you just nerfed Bugs big time for no apparent reason.

To sum up, I hope there was (were?) some testing done :(
  • I agree with this, I put my geos to g13 and it was a huge investment and now an under geared Jawa team can wipe them out without even attacking?? That’s a joke
  • Like why invest in g13 fur the geos? Just for Tb? Undergeared Jawas ruin them on defense I think that’s a poor choice cg all you have to do is rework scav
  • I just did it today with g10 Jawas, some with mods missing because I don’t use them, so I get the irritation.

Jawas are also gear hogs 😕
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Gotta say I’m a little worried. I set geos on defense yesterday before I saw the news about Jawas. My opponent has his jawas around g8-9. Maybe I shot myself in the foot. TBD...
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    second a jawa team can beat revan or malak it will be fixed.... better hope engineer going first spreading TM to jawas don't wreck face :)

Exactly! If this utter annihilation was happening against one of CG's precious money making meta killing squads or characters it'd be nerfed in about an hour (Palp nerf and Malak post release buff anyone?!), but no they're just too lazy to fix a massively big bug so they reword the ability to enforce the bugged mechanic, that is just SICK! @cg_sbcrumb should be embarrassed to be associated with such a ridiculous state of affairs!

...and how much testing do you think they've done on other squads this well also adversely affect? ZERO testing!
    What about when Ewoks do a mass attack? Yup you'll get all 5 Ewoks with up to 5 detonators on every Ewok!
    JKR Direct focus? Yup, up to 5 detonators on all 5 jedi
    Darth Revan's Lacerate attack? Yup up to 6 detonators on DR
    What happens now with things like Burning? Will R2 or Jango etc get hit with 5 detonators every turn that the burning does damage or only on the initial attack? If it is each turn then if R2 and Jango have both applied burning how does it identify who to put detonators on for each burning instance and duration? Similar questions for Plague which damages enemies and also self spreads, so every time it spreads does Talzin get extra detonators applied to her?

You can 100% guarantee they haven't even thought about any of the other interactions, they just can't be bothered to fix a bug and are brazening it out!!
  • This is absolutely garbage news to leave this interaction. It's a bug, and using it is nothing but exploiting a bug. Now the devs are actually encouraging it. There goes any use with regards to TW, GA. What a waste of time and energy to spend gems rushing to get GBA for the lead and then have it crippled for actual game use outside of tb.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Like why invest in g13 fur the geos?

Have you looked at them? They don't have fur!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I also don’t think they even understand the issue with the way it’s working. The problem is that every single attack applies 1 detonator to every single geo per attack, which means 5-6 thermals per attack per geo which clearly can’t be WAI. It should apply ONE detonator to every geo per turn because they are each hitting only ONCE

I think the way they said they are going to reword the ability would suggest that they do, in fact, understand that.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Like why invest in g13 fur the geos?

Have you looked at them? They don't have fur!

They have crushable chitin and they go away like the cockroaches they are.
  • I'm not claiming to be the voice of reason here, but I will at least take the other side. Jawas are long thought to be the worst faction in the game. Not good for anything, not since they removed mod challenge requirements. Now they have 1 use, entirely RNG dependent, where they can take on one team, and win not every time, and you want to take away that use?
    One easy work around is to beef up the tenacity on your Geos. My beloved Jawas live and die by their TDs. High tenacity, no TDs.
    Undergeared Jawas aren't a problem either. G8 and G9 will all die before your Geos blow themselves up. I know. I run Jawas in the arena on an alt. G11 Jawas struggle to take out a G9 Phoenix team.
    Don't nerf my Jawas. They're bad enough already, I don't want to see them get worse. Buff the Geos some more instead. Or do nothing. Jawas are launch toons (or near enough, I don't entirely know), we've known their kits for a long time, it's obvious they're good against assist-heavy teams.
    PS I'm all for giving every Jawa a zeta. But a 50% isn't good enough. 60-70%, much more reasonable.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    What happens now with things like Burning? Will R2 or Jango etc get hit with 5 detonators every turn that the burning does damage or only on the initial attack? If it is each turn then if R2 and Jango have both applied burning how does it identify who to put detonators on for each burning instance and duration? Similar questions for Plague which damages enemies and also self spreads, so every time it spreads does Talzin get extra detonators applied to her?

You can 100% guarantee they haven't even thought about any of the other interactions, they just can't be bothered to fix a bug and are brazening it out!!

AOE attacks already had that possibility if the ability was working as worded.
  • Geos are now a great FTP team that can counter a lot of teams in ga and tw. They give you get 2 and wat. Idc that they can be beat by Jawas. I see that as another win for ftp.
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Exactly! If this utter annihilation was happening against one of CG's precious money making meta killing squads or characters it'd be nerfed in about an hour (Palp nerf and Malak post release buff anyone?!), but no they're just too lazy to fix a massively big bug so they reword the ability to enforce the bugged mechanic, that is just SICK! @cg_sbcrumb should be embarrassed to be associated with such a ridiculous state of affairs!

...and how much testing do you think they've done on other squads this well also adversely affect? ZERO testing!
    What about when Ewoks do a mass attack? Yup you'll get all 5 Ewoks with up to 5 detonators on every Ewok!
    JKR Direct focus? Yup, up to 5 detonators on all 5 jedi

You've got to be out of your mind taking Jawas against any team that's been meta in the last 2 years. Even crazier to waste toons like the Revans on a Jawa team. I've seen G12 Jawas lose in 10 seconds to a full G12 Jedi Revan team.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Just so we are clear. The ability IS being changed to turn the bug into the intent. So basically ANY mass assist is going to pile 5 stacks on everyone? *at 50% chance*

"Whenever a Jawa ally takes damage, 50% chance to place a Thermal Detonator on the attacking enemy that will explode after 2 turns."

to...

"At the end of each turn, Jawa Scavenger has a 50% chance to inflict a Thermal Detonator on all enemies that used an ability that turn for each time a Jawa ally was attacked that turn."