When Are Guilds Coming?

2Next

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    @BentWookie @FashionFett Perhaps this was meant to be moved to "Guilds" and not "Guides"???
  • Perhaps but it may not belong in the Guilds section either, if that is the case. My understanding of the Guilds section is that it is for advertising groups of players that wish to join together, in anticipation of guilds.

This thread is inquiring about when guilds will be introduced. It was launched in General Discussion. Could whoever moved it please move it back?
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I can tell you from my experience that the Guild feature is a "do or die" for EA/CG right now. There are plenty of high profile players on the edge right now, just about ready to abandon this game for other things along with many members of my Guild TNR, and we have almost 200 members. I'd love to hear from other Guild leadership here along with other well-known players on this post to verify what I say here is the not only the truth, but to add more perspective...

@aspenstar, @Ascansio, @Naecabon, @Qeltar, @SamSausagehead, @cosmicturtle333 - Let's here from you guys, your voice is needed!!!!
  • I can tell you from my experience that the Guild feature is a "do or die" for EA/CG right now. There are plenty of high profile players on the edge right now, just about ready to abandon this game for other things along with many members of my Guild TNR, and we have almost 200 members. I'd love to hear from other Guild leadership here along with other well-known players on this post to verify what I say here is the not only the truth, but to add more perspective...

@aspenstar, @Ascansio, @Naecabon, @Qeltar, @SamSausagehead, @cosmicturtle333 - Let's here from you guys, your voice is needed!!!!

Guilds are definitely do or die.

I can take poor communication and bad balancing and no other content released and unnecessary nerfs and buffs as long as guilds are implemented.

It needs to be done soon and it needs to be done well. The member cap can't be tiny. The guild battles can't be done poorly.

I'd settle for basically the same thing as Arena battles, but in a clash of clans style line up.

Out of a small guild of only 37ish I know two have already left due to boredom. One of our whales is strongly considering leaving and there are probably more who aren't active and I don't know that they've already quit.

I'd say if it isn't implemented in the next three months I'll probably leave.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • z37i
    13 posts Member
    What happened to my reaction?!
  • This game is in dire need of a Guild feature. When i first started playing this game i actually thought a Guild feature would lock up as i lvled up. Dont know why this wasnt implemented in the first 1-2 months. Havent followed the forums that closely but i havent seen it mentioned anywhere by any dev. If they (devs) havent had this in their plans for the game its a huge blunder on their part.

So can anyone find a quote from any dev saying its in the works?
  • Hey man! @ioniancat21 :)

For now I'm still having so much fun on GOH, and that's probably because I'm a die-hard fan of Star Wars for 20 years. If this game used another license to build its mechanics on, I'd have given up already. Star Wars makes the magic here.

GvG is extremely important to us. I have belief in CG that they'll deliver what we want. As long as they develop what we request, we'll keep investing money to support CG.

But if I see that they don't care about our requests about a competitive nature and feature, of course I'll also quit.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Sorry, can't contribute much here. I am not in a guild, and while I think guild features are important, I don't think they should be top priority for two reasons. First, there are other ways for guilds to chat. Second, guild features require massive investments of resources, when they should be focusing on "low-hanging fruit".
    The priority should be content. This is a game with virtually no gameplay, and people are getting super bored of it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I think we do need guilds, because it'll spark up some interest in the game right now. Currently, it's pretty routine, which gets well ... boring ... I'd love to see GvG, we're at a time where players are beginning to quit (two have from my guild), and there are enough guilds to have decent GvG. I'd say now's the time to do it
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Sorry, can't contribute much here. I am not in a guild, and while I think guild features are important, I don't think they should be top priority for two reasons. First, there are other ways for guilds to chat. Second, guild features require massive investments of resources, when they should be focusing on "low-hanging fruit".
    The priority should be content. This is a game with virtually no gameplay, and people are getting super bored of it.

New content would be tied to guilds. A group of ppl working together towards a common goal.
  • Hopefully the game still has some spenders left by the time guilds start. Bored whales are already exiting for other games that have community events and group leaderboards to measure competition.

Seems like a lot of hopeful folks here organizing on their own. Why the developers don't notice and take action is a mystery to me.

Momentum is already being lost.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

We're actually both right Qeltar, we need the Guild feature and overall, much more content than we have currently!!! You too are correct that there are some pre-existing content they can add immediately like new characters and single player events and challenges surely and keep us busy for the moment.

As for the Guild feature, it's one of the biggest missing pieces of the game and surely, even Qeltar will want to play with the feature and enjoy it even though he hasn't joined TNR yet......LOL....
  • AnonymousHamster
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Without guilds there is nothing to keep me entertained. The grind gets far too routine. Guild events allow me to play with my friends and compete at a higher level. Currently we can only compete with our arena pool. With so many players why am I limited to such a small portion that started at the same time as me.

I want to win, but need an event to do it in.
  • Dear Devs, we have built up a group of 71 members since December that have, to this point, been enthusiastic about your game. It has been tons of fun, but it's now become dull.

Many of our members have spent $thousands on other games to compete at the top level against other players. But here, we are limited to compete against small leaderboards. This is no challenge for us, and does not encourage us to spend as we have been at the top for months.

Expanding to level 80 is not the answer. We will all hit top level and top gear in a matter of days, it will be a dull trip there, and we will remain super bored once we get there.

Some members have already quit. They are taking their spending to other games. How much more potential revenue do you want to walk out the door before you give us a meaningful reason to stay?

So please:

WHEN ARE GUILDS COMING?
  • Dear Devs, we have built up a group of 71 members since December that have, to this point, been enthusiastic about your game. It has been tons of fun, but it's now become dull.

Many of our members have spent $thousands on other games to compete at the top level against other players. But here, we are limited to compete against small leaderboards. This is no challenge for us, and does not encourage us to spend as we have been at the top for months.

Expanding to level 80 is not the answer. We will all hit top level and top gear in a matter of days, it will be a dull trip there, and we will remain super bored once we get there.

Some members have already quit. They are taking their spending to other games. How much more potential revenue do you want to walk out the door before you give us a meaningful reason to stay?

So please:

WHEN ARE GUILDS COMING?

please dont call out the developers they have feelings
  • I have to agree that guilds and/or new content needs to be released very soon. The auto-grind mode that most players are currently in is dull and lifeless.
    These days I spend more time talking about changes I'm hoping the devs will make than actually playing the game. There's an issue there...
  • I have to agree that guilds and/or new content needs to be released very soon. The auto-grind mode that most players are currently in is dull and lifeless.
    These days I spend more time talking about changes I'm hoping the devs will make than actually playing the game. There's an issue there...

Thanks Bud. Great to have some like minds working on this. I want some rivalries built up (can you tell?!). Guilds would bring some desperately needed energy to this game.
  • The Guild feature will bring the energy back to this game clearly and many may return if they see content. Let's hope they're listening and taking notes...

Same for me.