So who's the Sith that the new Sith Trooper follows?

Is Kylo officially Sith now? In order to have a Sith Trooper, you need a Sith, no? I'd be excited if KRU and Kylo got Sith tags.

Replies

• My guess is they either loosely used the name, or they protect the resurrected emperor. I haven't seen an official Sith since this trilogy started.
  • I mean, show me the Sith. I haven't had an official Sith in Ep 7 or 8.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Is Kylo officially Sith now? In order to have a Sith Trooper, you need a Sith, no? I'd be excited if KRU and Kylo got Sith tags.

Kylo states to let the past die, including the jedi and the sith. I doubt he suddenly wakes up and decides to self proclaim himself as a Sith. That's just nonsensical - which such sounds about right for modern star wars, I mean since when does anything have to make sense or even follow after the previous movie in anything resembling a good way?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    My guess is they either loosely used the name, or they protect the resurrected emperor. I haven't seen an official Sith since this trilogy started.

There hasn't been a Sith in the new trilogy, because Vader being redeemed to Anakin and killing Sidious was him finally fulfilling the prophecy of destroying the sith and bringing balance to the force.

However we now illogically have a apparently returning Palpatine - so go figure that I guess.
    The new "Sith Trooper" is likely a supporter of the returned Sidious.

Perhaps Sidious returns and usurps the First Order away from Kylo? This may make some sense if Kylo and Rey end up working together...again.

I personally think "Rise of Skywalker" seems so cliché and boring. The sequel trilogy for me is nothing but a huge disappointment.
  • So Vader destroys the sith and Luke destroys the Jedi?
    With both contrasting ideologies being eliminated, looks like people are free to use the force. :|
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Kylo is the "good guy". He's so good even after trying his hardest for two movies he hasn't managed to fall. He's too conflicted about the bad things he does... too much doubt. Rey on the other hand is perfectly confident that she won't fall.... and since she's a female clone of Luke's hand (which is why the lightsaber reacted so strongly to her), there's a strong, but corruptible connection to the force.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    And also Rey getting too overconfident and failing and Anakin's force ghost guiding Kylo, making him the Risen Skywalker or smth. This could be nice.
    Also, Rey's origin was written badly and she is now just an OP and overrated character thanks to the movies sadly.

The the problem when you plan to have 3 different directors do a trilogy that's not already written.

They said they'd be answering the question of her parents in 9, so I'm guessing her parents being nobodys was either a lie, or true only because a clone would really only have foster parents of a sort if they got abandoned because they didn't seem to be a super weapon.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • To me, a true Sith is taught by a descendent of Darth Bane. The 6 canonical Sith we have (doesn't include Asajj and Savage) were all taught by someone who followed Bane. So unless Palps teaches Kylo something, Kylo is no Sith of mine.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Kylo wishes to destroy the past so he can not be a Sith.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Elebric_4506
    29 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Implausibly resurrected Palpatine? In the novels he had clones of himself, Luke even trained under one for a time.