In Light of Recent Events

Ugluk199
295 posts Member
edited July 2019
It’s the time you’ve all been waiting for (and by you all I mean probably 5 people myself included). The Jawas need their long awaited rework!

Considering they are the only faction (minus Tuskens, but they’re not a full 5 squad team sorry Urzatron) that has not been reworked since faction reworks, now seems like a pretty good time.

I understand that in GA you won’t get a lot of banners with Jawas for beating Geonosians, but having them sit there contemplating their lives while the Geonosians explode does not seem like cutting-edge gameplay to me. Let
us also not forget some people probably feel swindled right now knowing their $300+ alpha can be beaten by some of the worst characters in the game. So let
them get beaten by a comparable team. Reworks for all 5 Jawas eventually seems like a logical middle ground. So go on CG, #reworkjawas !

Replies

• Ugluk199 wrote: »
    It’s the time you’ve all been waiting for (and by you all I mean probably 5 people myself included). The Jawas need their long awaited rework!

Considering they are the only faction (minus Tuskens, but they’re not a full 5 squad team sorry Urzatron) that has not been reworked since faction reworks, now seems like a pretty good time.

I understand that in GA you won’t get a lot of banners with Jawas for beating Geonosians, but having them sit there contemplating their lives while the Geonosians explode does not seem like cutting-edge gameplay to me. Let
    us also not forget some people probably feel swindled right now knowing their $300+ alpha can be beaten by some of the worst characters in the game. So let
    them get beaten by a comparable team. Reworks for all 5 Jawas eventually seems like a logical middle ground. So go on CG, #reworkjawas !

Correct me if I'm wrong... but, besides the portrait update, havent the clones yet to get a rework?

I do agree though, it's time for jawas to get a rework. I always thought the haat raid bonus would be a fun as intended update for all game modes.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Read OP and thought..... "what recent events ???" Training droids ?
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    emoore123 wrote: »
    Ugluk199 wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong... but, besides the portrait update, havent the clones yet to get a rework?

I do agree though, it's time for jawas to get a rework. I always thought the haat raid bonus would be a fun as intended update for all game modes.

You’re right, clones just have Shaak Ti now who isn’t farmable, but I would imagine their rework will be released along with LS Geonosis. And by that time Shaak Ti will probably be farmable and we will be getting new Clones hopefully.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I fail to understand who would have spent $300 on alpha considering the ease of farming
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    I fail to understand who would have spent $300 on alpha considering the ease of farming

This is incredibly ignorant. I’m guessing you have some sort of boost on your account that gives you 100x more cantina energy/drops to where you’ve been able to complete that farm FTP? Oh wait it’s not possible to complete FTP because it costs money to get him up quickly, not hard to spend 300$ on gear in this game. Ignorance is bliss for ya

I have him at G11 25/100 with zero money spent. Cantina farms are fast and he requires no Kyro.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    I don't believe we've had an ewok rework yet either (Not that they need one)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Here is a tip: Dont use them on Defense.
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Emguy wrote: »
    I don't believe we've had an ewok rework yet either (Not that they need one)

Ewoks were reworked slightly when the 3 new ewoks were released (Paploo, Logray, Wicket). My hopes for the Jawas are something similar to what they did with ewoks. A fun team to play but by no means meta killers. Although would be fun to watch Dathcha OHKO Malak.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    All teams.need a good counter..jaws are an excellent counter to droids seeing how the jedi, Droid killing machines, get killed by droids unless maybe JkR. Which I haven't tried yet...I find him much more useful in other encounters.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

In a way, allowing the unintended interaction to become intended is a sort of back door rework.

Imagine that this "bug" never existed, but intead CG decided to change them to work as they do... then it would have been a "rework", and ppl wouldn't be crying all over.

That said, I'm all for more improvements for jawa :)
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

In a way, allowing the unintended interaction to become intended is a sort of back door rework.

Imagine that this "bug" never existed, but intead CG decided to change them to work as they do... then it would have been a "rework", and ppl wouldn't be crying all over.

I guess that’s true. I’ve always liked the idea
    of their thermal detonators. Perhaps a rework down the road could cause them to gain some turn meter or bonuses when they explode.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I guess that’s true. I’ve always liked the idea
    of their thermal detonators. Perhaps a rework down the road could cause them to gain some turn meter or bonuses when they explode.

Like all jawas gain 50% TM whenever an enemy's health is equalized?
  • Ugluk199 wrote: »
    Let us also not forget some people probably feel swindled right now knowing their $300+ alpha can be beaten by some of the worst characters in the game.

Geos weren't meta and already had multiple easy counters. Anyone spending $300+ did it to unlock and get them to 7 stars faster for Geo TB or they don't pay much attention to the game or how they spend their money.
  • Echoing @TVF

I have Brood Alpha @ 24/100 (only one shard off TVF's pace) and g10 (I had other gear priorities, so TVF is ahead of me there) with the Unique zeta'd. I am entirely free to play.

If you have the money to spend $300 dollars - not on a game, but on one character within one game - then you better be doing well in both fleet arena and regular arena. In squad arena I float between 45 and 75 w/ my 2xG13 JKR squad (I don't have Malak yet, of course), so that's a few crystals. Then I'm splitting time in the 1-2-3 slots with a couple other people in my time zone in Fleet Arena, but never finish anywhere other than exactly the rank I intend. I always get at least 350 crystals there.

3x cantina energy refreshes/day = 300 crystals = about 11 shards/day, or about 1 month for the full brood Alpha. No, I'm still unable to use my geonosian squad in this Geo TB, but I will be able to in the next one. My problem right now is gear, not shards, and buying the character's shards wouldn't have helped me with that.

Free to play takes a long time to get certain things. I worked intensely hard on my Malak squad, but I did get a GAC defense squad with zCarth, even if they haven't brought home Malak yet. Since I couldn't predict when Malak would hit, I had to start farming right away and set aside other priorities. But I did. And now it's done. And I can give gear to my separatists droids and geonosians only a couple Geo TBs behind the whales.

If you were a whale and paid through the nose to get ready for the Malak event, there's no reason to think you weren't prepared to rake in enough crystals through the two arenas to get other Cantina farm priorities done. At that point, you have to think about whether you want to spend that $300 on a toon you're already farming at the rate of 11 shards/day or whether you want to save that $300 for an event that has an actual time crunch.

yeah, I don't see many people shelling out real cash $$ for Brood Alpha, even if they whaled other characters. There's no point.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

This is incredibly ignorant. I’m guessing you have some sort of boost on your account that gives you 100x more cantina energy/drops to where you’ve been able to complete that farm FTP? Oh wait it’s not possible to complete FTP because it costs money to get him up quickly, not hard to spend 300$ on gear in this game. Ignorance is bliss for ya

I have him at G11 25/100 with zero money spent. Cantina farms are fast and he requires no Kyro.

I have him there too and I used crystals and so did you which equates to spending money even if it’s from arena. Multiple days of 300 crystals, if you say you didn’t that’s just a straight up lie.

Yes I'm spending 300 crystals a day.

Ignoring my arena income, I earn 400 a day from fleet. Zero dollars spent there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

Yeah ignorance is bliss.....that's why I have that $300 in my bank account still...and a alpha with only 40 shards to 7*
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    All teams.need a good counter..jaws are an excellent counter to droids seeing how the jedi, Droid killing machines, get killed by droids unless maybe JkR. Which I haven't tried yet...I find him much more useful in other encounters.

That’s true yeah. Jawas were the original HK killer, seeing as Grievous is now viable seems like a good time in a few months for them to make a comeback