Galactic Bounties heavy doubt

Moorebid
488 posts Member
Hey guys,
I already have Q'ira and Nest, so I'm bound to farm either Visas, Holdo or Fulcrum. Which would you do and why?
Thanks!

Replies

• Top tip: farm every toon.
  • I like Holdo, because There are only 11 resistance toons in the game, so you really need all of them to field 2 separate resistance squads for events like GAC or TW. None of the toons are bad, though.

For Ahsoka (Fulcrum) it's just that Fulcrum has a decent faction, but can't make use of it since there are better toons to take under the best leads (she's not Phoenix, she's not Rogue1, and CLS makes better use of other toons, which leaves Ackbar & Wedge, neither of which is that bad, but you're dealing with leftover mis-match rebels at that point, so it's never going to be a great squad).

Visas doesn't have a faction, so none of the best leader abilities help her. Again, it's not that her kit is bad as a lone toon, but other toons have kits just as good AND get some outrageous bonuses from a great faction leader. Compare, for example, the kit Daka has. It's not a better kit for a healer, but if you were running Mother Talzin and 3 other NightSisters would you take Visas or Daka? The answer is obvious.

Holdo is one of the few toons in the game with AoE Daze. The rest of her kit is marginal. She's an okay tank, but nothing super-hero or anything. But that AoE daze is tremendously powerful, and as a Resistance toon she's able to access the benefits of JTR's lead (and Finns, which is still good even if it's not as good as it once was). The real benefit of Holdo is that she can replace R2 in most resistance squads that use him. You don't lose the AoE attack (which is otherwise lacking in Resistance) and Daze is better than Stealth, but serves much the same purpose - both are useful for defeating counterattacks. Daze has to get past enemy tenacity, but Stealth doesn't prevent your opponent from gaining bonus TM.

All-in-all, Holdo makes a GREAT r2 substitute, which means now you can move r2 into a CLS squad without worrying that you'll miss him in your resistance squad if you're doing LS TB or GAC or TW.

No, Holdo will never make it in Arena, but by making R2 more useful she gives more benefit that Visas or Fulcrum will, both of whom can only ever be marginal toons given their faction limitations and the toons Fulcrum has to compete against in her own faction.
  • ToxicFish
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I've been having the same discussion but still need enfys shards as farming other things from ship battles
  • Go for visas. Holdo is ok for a second resistance team (once they get a new leader, since Finn is no good anymore), but you’ll want to farm her from her hard node since it provides both stun gun and mk 5 thermal detonator salvage.
  • I debated the same issue in my head just a few minutes ago. I landed on Holdo like many of the other posters. She might help elevate my JTR team again since I no longer utilize R2 with her team and it's getting more difficult to find a good offense spot for her with the little droid missing.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Holdo is the most likely to be needed for something.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Holdo is the most likely to be needed for something.

She's also the tallest. Don't sleep on height.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Holdo would be my first choice. I always use her (even at g11) with JTR on offense in TW, GAC, etc. to help keep RT alive. Holdo is a solid tank with AoE daze and healing ability.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Holdo for sure. She's extremely underrated and does great on a JTR squad, which lets you free up R2 or 3P0 for use with rebels or republic. She's super tanky, spreads foresight, heals, and her AOE both dazes and can dish out up to 5 exposes for major TM gains.

Also, she seems like a strong candidate to potentially get a capital ship at some point.

Side note, her node also has stun gun salvage, so she's a good back burner farm if you find yourself with extra energy after whatever else you're working on.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Visas Marr was Nihlus' apprentice from KotOR 2. If they bring in more KotOR 2stuff, I would not be surprised to see her get the Old Republic tag and more synergies. I would bet on her being more relevant during wave two of KotOR that we expect to hit next year.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Budgernaut wrote: »
    during wave two of KotOR that we expect to hit next year.

Is this based on....anything?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    I had the same dilema and went with Fulcrum just because she's otherwise only farmable in the fleet store, which I use for Omegas and Zetas.

Though if you're farming a lot of hard node toons as it is, then Holdo might be the better choice. I'm sure that faction will get more love after the next movie so it's a good long term farm, but with the only other viable Resistance leader now best used under JTR, it's even harder to put together 2 Resistance teams than before.