Jawas vs Geos - it's a bug we want to keep?

Prev13
JDK82
151 posts Member
Seriously CG?
You find it an interesting interaction that a totally undergeared faction can blow away, by literally doing nothing, on of the recently reworked and announced as one of the very good defence teams?

It's a slap in the face for all who invested heavily into geos.

Sure you can still use them on offence and they are needed in tb.
But I did build them as another good defence team and wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Cant help myself, but find this quite frustrating...

Are you thinking about refunding the soended resources in them? Because that's what is needed here than. With this interaction I dont need gear 13 bugs and are happy with my former gear 12.

Thanks for considering and cheers..

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Hmm... Geos are finally good, and by accident the Jawas have a use again. Sounds good to me.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Keep the jawas op.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    So if I find a.bug I like, do I get to keep it?

What about everyone else? One bug each?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    JDK82 wrote: »
    Seriously CG?
    You find it an interesting interaction that a totally undergeared faction can blow away, by literally doing nothing, on of the recently reworked and announced as one of the very good defence teams?

It's a slap in the face for all who invested heavily into geos.

Sure you can still use them on offence and they are needed in tb.
    But I did build them as another good defence team and wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Cant help myself, but find this quite frustrating...

Are you thinking about refunding the soended resources in them? Because that's what is needed here than. With this interaction I dont need gear 13 bugs and are happy with my former gear 12.

Thanks for considering and cheers..
    That is not a reasonable assessment of the Jawa squad.

What you need for the squad to work is to survive long enough for the trick to work. In MobileGamer's video, he had three G12 Jawas and two G11 Jawas with better mods than could reasonably be spared on Jawas, including some six pip protection mods. He said his team was up to a 50% success rate, and that was against G12 (not 13) bugs.

You need very bulky Jawas to survive long enough for it to work. Even then, there are certain actions you have to take. If you go 100% bulk and expect it to work, then you're at the whim of targeting for Scavenger to land enough thermals before they die to finish off the enemy team.

In MobileGamer's example, he did not "do nothing." He had an Engineer fast enough to go before the enemy team feed his own team turn meter. Scavenger landed a crit, letting him go into stealth. Dathcha managed to ability block the Geonosian Spy off of a 50% proc chance before potency/tenacity check. This is important because Spy's expose special will remove Scavenger's stealth. And he taunted with Nebit.

From there? Nebit's taunt was gone. Geonosians dogpiled Nebit once. His taunt was gone. Twice, he was dead. Spy's Ability block was gone so he used Illicit Intel and cleared Scavenger's stealth, putting the run at the mercy of targeting. Two more dogpiles targeted units who weren't Scavenger by chance, killing each of them. Two more dogpiles to kill Scavenger. No more thermal detonators, and a lot of them still needed a turn or two go off, with only one Jawa left standing who managed to hold off for the rest of the thermals to blow, leaving a victory with one damaged Jawa standing, thanks in large part to luck.

But the video has multiple runs.

Second run, Scavenger was the last Jawa standing but he didn't get enough thermal detonators to proc and only got one kill.

Third became a duel between Jawa Engineer and Sun Fac, who didn't eat enough thermal detonators to die. Sun Fac won.

Fourth run. The Geonosians cut through the non-stealthed Jawas, then post Ability Block Spy got a turn and OHKO'd G12 Jawa Scavenger with Silent Strike.

Fifth run. Jawa Scavenger was the last Jawa standing and managed to get off his scrap bomb on the three remaining Geonosians with 40+ thermals each, killing all of them. Victory with one damaged Jawa standing.

Sixth run. Remodded for no speed. Scavenger remained standing by luck. Ended up Engineer and Scavenger versus Sun Fac. Victory with two damaged Jawas.

Seventh run. They went after Scavenger moderately early. Ended up a duel between Sun Fac and Engineer. Sun Fac won.

Eighth run. High proc rate on thermals. Good luck with AI targeting. Jawa Scavenger managed to scrap bomb the entire enemy team at 40+ thermals. Victory with two damaged Jawas.

Ninth run. Victory with two damaged Jawas, one at less than full health.

Tenth run. They focused down Scavenger before thermals could accumulate. Defeat with no Geonosians down.

Final tally? Six wins out of ten runs. None of them better than two units surviving without full protection, which in Grand Arena is a really bad score. These were not undergeared Jawas. Two Jawas were G11, against a fully G12 This would be unlikely to work reliably with G13 bugs or sub G11 Jawas. Heck, it's hardly reliable at equal gear.

It's not significant damage to the value of your Geonosians. And new discoveries and content impact the value of investments all the time, sometimes in short order.

If you place your Geonosians on defense in GA and they get beaten by Jawas, guess what? You've gotten great value out of them because now your opponent's gotten through that team with a very low score. Congratulations.
    Still not a he.
  • I want to congratulate EA/CG on not fixing this bug.

I love the interactions, I love having a use for Jawas (my JE is 70/100 but my others are 7*, g8 or less) that might motivate me to make them better after I finish my current gear priorities.

I'm entirely FtP, but since I started finishing 1st in fleet arena every single day starting almost a year ago my farming has been going much, much faster than it used to. I like fun interactions. I like the absurdity of the Jawas actually being good for something. I like the idea of beating Brood Alpha squads with the 2nd team, so you lose some points for not winning on the first attempt, but at least you can clear territories that you might not be able to clear otherwise. I like the strategic balancing act, when you have to ask yourself, "Do I waste a meta squad on the Geos when I know I could kill them with a lesser squad even if they survive the Jawas?" It becomes a question you have to ask yourself about whether you think the match will come down to a very small point differential. If things are even enough, you might throw your meta team at the Geos and hope your lesser teams can still take down other tough, but beatable squads like Qi'ra/L3. If you think that your defense can hold on to at least one territory, then it's better to throw your Jawas at them and have a better chance of a full clear, even if you have a guaranteed chance to lose points on protection/health scoring.

All that means I get to use my brain while playing the game instead of mindlessly pushing buttons. And Geos are still going to be awesome for the purpose they were made to be awesome: conquering Geo TB missions.

Shout out to EA/CG: you earned the love today by choosing not to fix something that didn't need fixing. Thank you. This was a great decision.
  • MukkaMatt
    90 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    ov6dsgxmqm0t.jpeg

I took out with this Geo team on auto with my Jawas, admittedly they are all g11, but have a variety of spare mods.

Going to look at a mod refresh for them. Probably most of them max health/protection and low speed so the geos get more attacks in, which equals more detonators applied.

Might put speed on Chief Nebit so he can taunt earlier.

Will then be a useful offensive team should someone place geos on defence.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I hope all the faces in this thread are feeling OK after all the slapping...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    If you think about to put your Geos high enough to complet the Geo-TB-Spezial-Mission(s) then you have to gear your Geos up tu at least G12+ ... better G13.
    If an enemy in GA has geared his jawas to defeat such a team ... yes - it is OK that the Geos explode ... the enemy has invested a lot of ressources in a team that is right at the moment only for this purpos.
    I will gear my Jawas to ~ G11 ... so I can defeat Bugs with ~ 80-90k Power. If they are stronger ... than this will not work anymore.
    But I will bring my Bugs to a level where I can do the TB-Mission.
    ... so what.
    There was a time when you could defeat a Malak-Team with Anakin ... but after a while the Malak-Teams became stronger and could resist Anakin ... this is the way CG wants us to build teams.

PS: A Geo-Team is a very cheap team - no special quests, no paywall but the "gear-paywall". And such a team at 80k can defeat a legendary CLS-Team with Chewy and 3po at 120k ... so it is ok that an other cheap team (Jawas) can defeat the Geos.
  • I am very happy for my Jawa friends. Keep the new Scavenger.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    These forums have more face-slapping than a Three Stooges marathon.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I hope all the faces in this thread are feeling OK after all the slapping...

I'm concerned about CG's hand... Must be painful slapping all those faces
  • kiar1404 wrote: »
    If you think about to put your Geos high enough to complet the Geo-TB-Spezial-Mission(s) then you have to gear your Geos up tu at least G12+ ... better G13.
    If an enemy in GA has geared his jawas to defeat such a team ... yes - it is OK that the Geos explode ... the enemy has invested a lot of ressources in a team that is right at the moment only for this purpos.
    I will gear my Jawas to ~ G11 ... so I can defeat Bugs with ~ 80-90k Power. If they are stronger ... than this will not work anymore.
    But I will bring my Bugs to a level where I can do the TB-Mission.
    ... so what.
    There was a time when you could defeat a Malak-Team with Anakin ... but after a while the Malak-Teams became stronger and could resist Anakin ... this is the way CG wants us to build teams.

PS: A Geo-Team is a very cheap team - no special quests, no paywall but the "gear-paywall". And such a team at 80k can defeat a legendary CLS-Team with Chewy and 3po at 120k ... so it is ok that an other cheap team (Jawas) can defeat the Geos.

Tbh it has a very low gear paywall too. Just requires a heck ton of nubian scanners which most other factions need only 1-2 of.
  • The crappy thing in my opinion is we know (and you're honestly a fool if you think otherwise) that had this bug impacted Malak and Darth Revan, one of them would suddenly find text like "You use the Force to create a Thermal Detonator shield around your team, no Thermal Detonators can land on you."

Geos are thankfully "free" minus the time investment, but that applies to everyone, and anyone running this strat on you in GA is going to bleed banners for that fight, which is a win for you even if they do manage to pull it off.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I think this is win-win, For the players and the game. The Jawas will rely almost completely upon RNG to win.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Doesn't seem like too much of an issue. Geos are excellent on offense and defense, and Jawas are terrible at offense and defense unless the full gear 12 Jawas are utilized against Geos. If I'm playing GA and I notice my opponent invested in G12/G11 jawas, not only did this explode their roster with useless characters, but I'll also make certain they don't get a chance to utilize their specialty by saving my Geos for offense. Now that entire team is useless, high gear bloat. Essentially, fixed or not fixed; doesn't matter much to me.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Hmm... Geos are finally good, and by accident the Jawas have a use again. Sounds good to me.

As long as their precious malak and revan got no counter, everything is working as intended.
    What a joke
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    But they do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Wow, 1 team hard counters another. News at 11!

Whats next, complaining when Tuskens can hard counter a single team too?

• It is what it is... I'm not happy about the "let's turn this bug/mechanics not working correctly into a feature" aspect of it. Especially when they have added asinine descriptions to prevent counters using WAI mechanics recently.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    From the dev thread:

“The improved survivability makes them a hard team to punch through, making them a solid Grand Arena and Territory War team on defense.”

As one person said on discord, this seems like bait and switch. Bill them as a team that’s solid on defense, then allow a complete cheese team to counter them. How exactly are they good on defense now?
  • Youarenotmydad
    48 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    CG is a smart company
    WE -> no please nerf it
    CG -> no, it's a feature now, cause most of you have to farm/gear them (jawas) 💵, after that we will bring you a brand new geo marquee character that will nerf it 💵
    Special ability "all geonosians are immune to thermaldetonators at g13 or above"

Very clever CG 👍
    Post edited by Youarenotmydad on
  • Every team on this game needs a counter team.

Now we have a team “Geo Bugs” to beat many other teams....so those resources are NOT a waste.

Now we have a team that strictly beats geos “Jawas”.....this is a good move on CGs part.

It allows 2 once useless factions to be used.

People that don’t like this are the ones who invested in Geo bugs so quickly. Next time wait a while before gearing them up so fast. Being too quick to get ahead of a curve could leave you discouraged.

I started working on my Geos recently but slowly and my Jawas have been g11-g9 for quite some time so it won’t take me long to have both teams viable.

I’m excited to play both these factions once I finish their gear.
  • Exletion wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like too much of an issue. Geos are excellent on offense and defense, and Jawas are terrible at offense and defense unless the full gear 12 Jawas are utilized against Geos. If I'm playing GA and I notice my opponent invested in G12/G11 jawas, not only did this explode their roster with useless characters, but I'll also make certain they don't get a chance to utilize their specialty by saving my Geos for offense. Now that entire team is useless, high gear bloat. Essentially, fixed or not fixed; doesn't matter much to me.

Well said...I’m thinking the same thing.