Unpopular Opinion

Fleet arena is balanced and winning isn’t difficult. My fleet team is very far from meta and I am able to consistently prize out in the top 10 and I’ve never been a part of a shard chat. If people would learn to think for themselves, experiment, and strategize, y’all wouldn’t be in such bad moods all the time over a game.

Replies

• The team I use is Executrix, Hounds Tooth, Tie Silencer, Ghost start. Reinforcements are Phantom, Cas’ Uwing, Kylo’s command Shuttle, Slave 1. Slave one would ideally be replaced by anikan. But the trick is that I stun Han, then 9/10 times the enemy HT will attack either silencer or ghost which will trigger the turn meter gain of my HT so that I can taunt. Depending on the protection bonuses of enemy HT, I will either kill it first if they’re low or Biggs if they’re at 3 or higher. The trick is to get phantom out first and then Cas’ uwing our to remove all buffs and then hard target Han. Without Han, rebels go back to being obsolete.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Sounds like a solid plan. Now show us your swgoh.gg profile that we can see that we're talking about endgame with G12+ and G13 pilots and maxed out ships.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Ok, you’ll have to forgive me as I’m new to the forum, but how do I do that?
  • I also don’t have any G13, my command shuttle is still at 5* and some of my pilots are G9 or G10 with a few even being 6* toons
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    And here we go. First you need to go to the side swgoh.gg and register yourself, after that just put the link to your profile here.

Now that we know that you're nowhere close to endgame you should be careful with assumptions about the difficulty of ship arena, you really can make people upset with being arrogant. Your strategy might work for now, with all high gear pilots this may look different.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • I don’t see how it would be different. The concept remains the same with stronger ships, if theirs were stronger then mine would be too, abilities don’t change, and AI still targets in the same way. Once I get up into high rankings in arena, my team is very easily beaten. But I’m able to climb that way in the first place because of AI. My entire point is that people spend thousands of dollars on this game and to the people like myself who won’t spend a dime, I’d like to be able to see them do something with fleet arena knowing that they can rather than just calling it a lost cause because, they don’t have the meta ships. I wasn’t trying to troll, even though through your defensiveness I guess that maybe it could be considered as such. I just don’t believe that fleet arena is unbalanced. Like in any game, digital or tabletop, people will always follow the meta like blind sheep instead of trying to figure out ways to beat it, and then get mad when they have the same build as someone else and can’t seem to get ahead.
  • Puetypoo_1 wrote: »
    I don’t see how it would be different. The concept remains the same with stronger ships, if theirs were stronger then mine would be too, abilities don’t change, and AI still targets in the same way. Once I get up into high rankings in arena, my team is very easily beaten. But I’m able to climb that way in the first place because of AI. My entire point is that people spend thousands of dollars on this game and to the people like myself who won’t spend a dime, I’d like to be able to see them do something with fleet arena knowing that they can rather than just calling it a lost cause because, they don’t have the meta ships. I wasn’t trying to troll, even though through your defensiveness I guess that maybe it could be considered as such. I just don’t believe that fleet arena is unbalanced. Like in any game, digital or tabletop, people will always follow the meta like blind sheep instead of trying to figure out ways to beat it, and then get mad when they have the same build as someone else and can’t seem to get ahead.

Wrong. Ships and toons scale differently as they level.
  • Puetypoo_1 wrote: »
    I don’t see how it would be different. The concept remains the same with stronger ships, if theirs were stronger then mine would be too, abilities don’t change, and AI still targets in the same way. Once I get up into high rankings in arena, my team is very easily beaten. But I’m able to climb that way in the first place because of AI. My entire point is that people spend thousands of dollars on this game and to the people like myself who won’t spend a dime, I’d like to be able to see them do something with fleet arena knowing that they can rather than just calling it a lost cause because, they don’t have the meta ships. I wasn’t trying to troll, even though through your defensiveness I guess that maybe it could be considered as such. I just don’t believe that fleet arena is unbalanced. Like in any game, digital or tabletop, people will always follow the meta like blind sheep instead of trying to figure out ways to beat it, and then get mad when they have the same build as someone else and can’t seem to get ahead.

It’s good that you are able to do well in the game without spending. I agree that this is one of the better games from a free player perspective.

Still, creating a thread to complain about the complainers or say “get good” is not helpful to players who are struggling. A better approach would be to start with your second post and title the thread “here’s a new way to beat the Falcon” so players who are having trouble can try it.
  • lol OP doesnt realise that hes in a shard that doesnt care about ships hahahaha
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Puetypoo_1 wrote: »
    I don’t see how it would be different. The concept remains the same with stronger ships, if theirs were stronger then mine would be too, abilities don’t change, and AI still targets in the same way.

When ships will be close to maximum you will meet HMF teams which reap through you setup before you even have a chance to call the first reinforcement. The closer to high-end, the lesser valid anti-meta strategies exists. They still exist, yes, but it's much easier to grab your own HMF this days.
  • Dracarys78
    68 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Welll i suppose he didn't met bistan u-wing in starting lineup with maxed pilots some times that team obliterates double tank **** team i run :(
    About strategy well that works against poorly geared pilots and low star ships, try using that strategy on 7 stared ships with g12+5/g13 full zeta pilots with 6e mods on them and tell us how it went please :)
  • Well I consistently go against 7* G12 with zeta teams with power levels sitting anywhere between 420k-470k. I do struggle with Bistan uwing in the starting lineup, but it’s not impossible. The current meta top power is about 498-500k so 30k power isn’t going to make that much of a difference in terms of “scale” and I stopped commenting because I’ve come to realize that no one is even going to try the different strategy, because “I’m not worthy of the meta conversation.” So really no one here is even worth arguing with.
  • The meta is

Hounds tooth
    Han solo ****
    Rebel ships

If you arent fighting that you cant talk about fighting meta ships
  • I use geo ships. If my spy survives the first attack(if the hansolo ship doesnt hit him 3x with rebel before I can do anything) I use all ults on ht which hurts it. Then I reinforce my ebon hawk and use my debuff on ht.. then finish it. Then charge at ****.. then the rest of the ships begin to flop like paper fighting bullets
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Puetypoo_1 wrote: »
    Well I consistently go against 7* G12 with zeta teams with power levels sitting anywhere between 420k-470k. I do struggle with Bistan uwing in the starting lineup, but it’s not impossible. The current meta top power is about 498-500k so 30k power isn’t going to make that much of a difference in terms of “scale” and I stopped commenting because I’ve come to realize that no one is even going to try the different strategy, because “I’m not worthy of the meta conversation.” So really no one here is even worth arguing with.

Nothing is truly "impossible" because HMF team heavily relied on random assists. If they are unlucky you can beat them, if you are unlucky your fleet will be blown up right from the start. And total fleet power is completely irrelevant when you speak about HMF setups, 250K fleet can be consistently better than 450K one. It sometimes even worthy not to put full reinforcements so AI couldn't call wrong ships.

Also there is another huge factor - shard activity. On shard with low competition and more or less even payout time distribution you may be able to crawl to 1st place without HMF just because almost no one will attack you. On highly active shard anything but top-end HMF may be thrown out of top 200 every day. Your personal experience can't be extrapolated really.
  • Johnny77p
    117 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Probably a newer shard where most **** fleets aren't complete with full rebel ships minus 1 or 2. My lower acct which was started in june of 18 (I gave it away at 2.2mil drevan and so on) players could beat m i l f fleets but no one had max fleet. On my 5mil gp shard that fleet wouldn't crack top 100. Good that as a newer player he found something that works but ya better get with the meta or you'll disappear and complain with the rest of em. Yes there are exceptions that can beat max **** fleets but it is not what he is using at all. 5* ships g9 pilots is a new acct. Fairly new anyway.